No announcement yet.

Jupp Heynckes, architect of Super Bayern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can imagine Toni waking up every night screaming.

and as Snake said Italy and dutch football not a smart thing to combine. remember that total football was created to counter the catanacio that is still used in italy just slightly modified.

Comment

nice one

Comment

Bayer-Co-Trainer Hermann folgt Heynckes
        Sport News: Bayer-Co-Trainer Hermann folgt Heynckes | SPORTNEWS | ZEIT ONLINE

Peter Hermann assistant coach in Leverkusen is coming -to Bayern- with Jupp in summer.

Comment

That's a good thing.

Comment

I heard that already (I think our board mentioned that before), not surprised with the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by wavy View Post
              i can imagine Toni waking up every night screaming.

having nightmares of supposed pants dropping

Comment

My two pfennig: Great! Because:
                1. He already had success at Bayern
                2. He knows how to win a Champions League
                3. He's not Otto Rehhagel, so no risk of having to endure a split locker room (yeah, i've read after his epic fail stint from 94 to 96) or seeing Charisteas starting over Klose or Olic every game

Comment

What about keeping Jonker as coach ? The board can do all they want then and Jonker seems to be a good coach.

Comment

Heynckes is better than Jonker. But since Andries will stay in Bayern he might be coach in the future perhaps.

Comment

Jonker will hopefully raise FC Bayern II to a new level.

Comment

Originally posted by brockheim View Post
                        Heynckes is better than Jonker. But since Andries will stay in Bayern he might be coach in the future perhaps.
                        for these 2 coming years , Heynckes is our coach & Jonker the coach of FCB II.
                        After these 2 years, maybe Jonker will be our FCB coach.
                        Anyway, we didn't see Jonker in Europe, it'll be a risk to keep him ... And Heycnkes isn't bad at all.

Comment

New Bayern boss ready to learn from past mistakes

BERLIN: Veteran coach Jupp Heynckes has said he plans to learn from the failures of former Bayern Munich bosses Jurgen Klinsmann, Felix Magath and Louis van Gaal when he takes over the hotseat in July.

Heynckes is returning for a third stint at Bayern, having coached them briefly in 2009 and for four years between 1987 and 1991.

The 65-year-old Heynckes, who won the Champions League with Real Madrid in 1998, will leave second-placed Bayer Leverkusen to take on the most pressurised job in German club football.

Success is both demanded and expected of Bayern's coach.

With his side outside the league's top three places, Magath was sacked in early 2007, despite winning both the league and cup double in the two seasons before.

Klinsmann was dismissed in April 2009 with his side fourth in the table -- but three points from the summit.

Likewise, Van Gaal was also shown the door in March with his side just outside the coveted top three and out of the Champions League.

All three tried to do things their way -- Klinsmann was famously ridiculed for installing buddhist statues at the club's training centre -- and Heynckes said he aims to integrate himself smoothly.

"I can't judge what the others did, but it is certain that one must understand, or at least learn, how things work at Bayern," Heynckes told Sunday's edition of Die Welt.

"You have to understand the inner workings and deal with the people at the heart of the club.

"You need to reach out to people and work with them.

"I think it is also important not to take yourself too seriously.

"As coaches, we have to radiate a natural authority and not rely on the authority of our office."

Heynckes goes to Munich fully aware that only a place at the top of the Bundesliga is acceptable to Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and sports director Christian Nerlinger, but says he will use the expertise around him.

"I think it is an advantage if you have such a concentrated expertise at a football club," he said.

"If you then work together as a team, it normally brings success.

"I'm not too proud to accept a tip from Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and to make his opinion my own.

"Or to take advice from Christian Nerlinger.

"This is completely normal.

"It is important that you listen to good, competent people who are around you, but it is of course important to be faithful to your own ideas."

Heynckes, a friend of Bayern president Uli Hoeness, says he is relishing inheriting a squad which includes Dutch winger Arjen Robben, France's Franck Ribery plus Germany stars Mario Gomez and Bastian Schweinsteiger.

"Of course, I know that you are damned in Munich if you don't succeed," he admitted.

"The coaching staff have a decent life, providing you are in pole position in the league and number one.

"I am aware of it and it's not a problem for me.

"We will have a top team for next season, the current standard is very good.

"I am convinced that I will have success with this team, I go to Munich with a good feeling."
                          New Bayern boss ready to learn from past mistakes - The Times of India

Comment

then he has a lot to learn, starting by buying some quality players in the summer..

Comment

Yea start by signing german players 1st Jupp!

Comment

If Leverkusen lose the next match... shouldn't we be worried? I mean, I dunno. It's still Heynckes running the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X