Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allow me to be the first one to share this;

welcome ..
    btw if you wonder, the right way to pronounce his name is something like this;
    Ben - Ateia

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      For me the German league as a whole is not that lot better than Serie A, teams like Mönchengladbach who are top 6 clubs in Germany got outclassed by Lazio in the Europea league for instance. The main difference is that they have no team of the quality of Bayern but if you compare the leageu as a whole the difference is not large, we are much closer to their quality than that of England or Spain. Bayern and Dortmund are not typical of the quality of our league as a whole, it's not like teams like Mainz are filled with top class players that he will struggle to deal with, it will be the same leavel thereabouts that he's faced in Italy.
      I was referring to Champions League experience and such, against the elite of European club football.

Comment

Originally posted by micky View Post
        I was referring to Champions League experience and such, against the elite of European club football.

Dante also lacked all of those things, it dosen't mean squad when you're apart of a team with a winning mentality like Bayern. He will step up for the job in Munich that i'm absolutely sure of.

Comment

Originally posted by p4vo View Post
          Dante also lacked all of those things, it dosen't mean squad when you're apart of a team with a winning mentality like Bayern. He will step up for the job in Munich that i'm absolutely sure of.
          Now you're quoting me out of context. Someone here said that Benatia is one of the best CBs in the world, so I just pointed out that to reach that status, he still has a lot to prove. That's at least my opinion, as I think that to reach the status of "world-class" one has to perform on the highest level possible, and in that regard Benatia is still unproven.

Great signing nonetheless, but I still reserve the term "world-class" for later on.
          Last edited by micky; 26-08-2014, 19:02.

Comment

I hope he puts in those rough tackles like Lucio

Comment

HolMehJe

Comment

Élber managed to do pretty well. Look at Shaq, who had CL experience(Basel)

Comment

does this mean a definite 3 back line with the likes of Alaba & Lahm in midfield?

Comment

Would love to see Lahm-Boateng-Benatia-Alaba.

I know Benatia is right footed but think this would be our best way forward.

Comment

Just two statistics on Benatia :

- He's, with Loic Perrin (AS Saint Etienne) the defender who won the most duel in the 5 "big champs" (Liga, Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1)

- Udinese rank before Benatia arrived : 15th, Udinese rank with Benatia : 4th, 3rd and 5th, Udinese rank after Benatia leaves : 13th / AS Roma rank before Benatia arrived 6th, 7th. AS Roma rank with Benatia : 2nd.

Originally posted by BayRan View Post
                      Would love to see Lahm-Boateng-Benatia-Alaba.

I know Benatia is right footed but think this would be our best way forward.

In a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, yes, this is the best way possible for Bayern.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by uniqueplayer View Post
                          Élber managed to do pretty well. Look at Shaq, who had CL experience(Basel)
                          That's not even what I was talking about. Here are my posts in the order I posted them, so the context will become clear.

Not to take anything away from Benatia (assuming he's one of the world's best you're referring to), but he still has a lot to prove in my opinion, having only played in the Serie A. That said, I hope he proves to be worth all the hype.

Not that I've seen him play apart from some highlights, but just saying.
                          Now you're quoting me out of context. Someone here said that Benatia is one of the best CBs in the world, so I just pointed out that to reach that status, he still has a lot to prove. That's at least my opinion, as I think that to reach the status of "world-class" one has to perform on the highest level possible, and in that regard Benatia is still unproven.

Great signing nonetheless, but I still reserve the term "world-class" for later on.

Comment

Originally posted by diDi7 View Post
                            Why do you think so?

I thought that the numbers 2 and 3 are usually allocated to full backs...

2 3 4 5

2 and 5 are fullbacks.

Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                            btw if you wonder, the right way to pronounce his name is something like this;
                            Ben - Ateia
                            Son of Atia?

So this means the stress is on the B (BEN-ah-TEIA) rather than the A (ben-AH-teia)?
                            Last edited by Grey; 26-08-2014, 19:18.

Comment

On twitter, everybody said Bayern realized a massive transfert with Benatia.

Only positive.

The best twitt :

When Bayern spend less than 50M€ for Rode, Lewandowski, Reina, Bernat and Benatia .. PSG spend it for David Luiz

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                                2 3 4 5

2 and 5 are fullbacks.
                                Where did you get that from?

Squad number (association football)

Comment

Working...
                                X