No announcement yet.

Medhi Benatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's still training with the team though.

Comment

• 20M is ok.
      If we are not in the market for another CB I hope injury free season for Batstuber...

Comment

• It's quite a deal to get 20 million for him. I was afraid we weren't gonna be able to unload him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wavy View Post
          It's quite a deal to get 20 million for him. I was afraid we weren't gonna be able to unload him.
          It will be 3 mln for the loan and 17 for buy out which will not be obligatory.

If Benatia proves his fitness it will probably end in Coman swap.

Comment

• Originally posted by dp10 View Post

If true, the deal is shitty from bayern's perspective. I heard that the buy out was obligatory though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
              Selling a defender we paid 28m for on 5-year contract with only 2 years remaining is actually a realization of profit for Bayern. Apparently Juve don't realize that he can't read an offside line to save his life.
              Because apparently y'all can't read. 20m is a profit for us. Also I'm currently prepping for surgery lol.

Comment

Because apparently y'all can't read. 20m is a profit for us. Also I'm currently prepping for surgery lol.
                Glad to hear you're finally getting that stick removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dp10 View Post

It's a mandatory buy out. Bayern wouldn't have done this deal otherwise.

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                  Good luck.

Comment

• I'm trying to hold it inside me for too long, but I couldn't anymore.

How on earth is Benatia worse from a permanently unhealthy Batstuber, just because useless Pep couldn't take the best of him by using him in a high line defence is beyond me!

I mean the support to Badstuber who hasn't contribute anything for about 6 years is at least provocative.

There....I said it!

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
                      I'm trying to hold it inside me for too long, but I couldn't anymore.

How on earth is Benatia worse from a permanently unhealthy Batstuber, just because useless Pep couldn't take the best of him by using him in a high line defence is beyond me!

I mean the support to Badstuber who hasn't contribute anything for about 6 years is at least provocative.

There....I said it!
                      I've literally never seen a player as bad at reading an offside trap as Benatia. He's utterly useless as a CB. He could be the Lionel Messi of defensive tacklers, but if he can't read that line, he might as well be a newborn infant. And for what it's worth, defensive positioning (including reading the offside line) was always Badstuber's greatest strength.

Comment

I've literally never seen a player as bad at reading an offside trap as Benatia. He's utterly useless as a CB. He could be the Lionel Messi of defensive tacklers, but if he can't read that line, he might as well be a newborn infant. And for what it's worth, defensive positioning (including reading the offside line) was always Badstuber's greatest strength.
                        You know our views are totally diferent on this....
                        Actualy I never saw anything good in Badstuber except his accurate passes and for me that is a secondary thing to judge a top class defender.

I'am not saying that Benatia is a catch, but I do believe he deserves a 2nd chance with a new coach which likes more a well orginised defence.
                        All in all, I believe Benatia is a very good back-up player to have and now that he's leaving I feel very "naked" knowing that our 1st choise to replace Boa/Mats is Badstuber and a genuine DM like Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
                          You know our views are totally diferent on this....
                          Actualy I never saw anything good in Badstuber except his accurate passes and for me that is a secondary thing to judge a top class defender.

I'am not saying that Benatia is a catch, but I do believe he deserves a 2nd chance with a new coach which likes more a well orginised defence.
                          All in all, I believe Benatia is a very good back-up player to have and now that he's leaving I feel very "naked" knowing that our 1st choise to replace Boa/Mats is Badstuber and a genuine DM like Martinez.
                          2010-12 Badstuber was all abouting passing and positioning, while his partner Boateng excelled in tackling and speedy defending. That's a big part of why they paired so amazingly well that season (as well as the start of 2012-13). Since Badstuber's injury, Boateng has obviously inherited Badstuber's strengths in passing and positioning (although his offside line reading could still use some polishing). Anyway, the point is that no matter how good Benatia is as tackling and intercepting, he's fundamentally incapable of reading defensive shape well enough to play opponents offside. A defender who singlehandedly creates 1-on-1 chances against our own keeper is actually far worse than playing with 10 men. That's why Pep preferred Alaba and Kimmich (despite they obvious deficiencies) even when Benatia was fit. The guy is an utter trainwreck of a defender because of this one short-coming, even in spite of being such a good tackler and interceptor.

I definitely agree with your last point, but ultimately I think it's going to mean losing one of Badstuber and Martinez .

Comment

• I'm with Mavros here

For me Benatia is a very good CB , and would be a great backup

Yeah he can't read the offside line and he wasn't at his best under Pep, but we probably won't play with that high defensive line with Ancelotti

Anyway I'm not sad we are going to sell him , we can still buy a reliable backup like Corluka for a low sum

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

• We will absolutely 100% play a possession-based high defensive line under Ancellotti, though. As high as Pep's? Well of course not. But Bayern have played this high line for 7 years now and won't be changing any time soon. I'm serious when I say I'd rather play with 10 men than with Benatia on the pitch, he's that dangerous. There truly is no "yeah, but" when it comes to a failing of this magnitude.

Comment

• ^ I totally agree with you
                                We won't park the bus , but we won't with a high defensive line like Pep used to play

Dante succeeded under Jupp, hell he was voted several time in the team of the week

I think the same would've happened with Benatia under Jupp , and even under Carlo

We won't be relying on the offside trap (I think) and that won't be a big problem
                                Benatia was voted the best defender in Serie A before joining us for a reason

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X