X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post

If I'm honest, I thought Schweini gave his all throughout 2012/13 and really had nothing left to give straight after. Perhaps he played a great World Cup with Germany the following year and that's it, either due to injuries or lack of motivation I thought he was well past it. Any Spanish player we had picked over him was more than justified.
    I don't think it was lack of motivation, it was clear that due to his injuries (and the fact he gave more than he had in 2014 World Cup) he lost a step, he couldn't turn as fast as used to, in essence his body broke down. I mean, even in the United spell he missed way too many games injured.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    The anti-Spanish sentiment was always here, but became absolutely insufferable once we bought our first Spanish player (of recent times), Javi Martinez. The amount of pure, unadulterated hatred leveled at him before he ever arrived was simply absurd. Once he won us the treble, they shut up about him and moved onto their new favorite target, Thiago (whose only relationship to spain is his nationality). If you want to pick a starting point, it’s really the 2010 world cup that started so much anti-spanish hatred. The Wehraboos couldn’t stand to see their precious Germany defeated, so resorted to some of the ugliest traits of the human psyche - bigotry and prejudice.
    No clue why anyone would hate a player bc of the nation they're from. That has nothing to do with anything on the pitch. Immature is the only way to explain it.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by franz View Post
    He was class. I really like deepl lying playmakers and see this guy in a Bayern shirt really was something for history. He was almost finished though...

Another bad thing, if i remember correctly, is that Alonso was one of the reasons (some) Bayern fans started to act xenophobic against spanishs? At least at the beginning? Xabi was playing more and more while Schweinsteiger less and less. The argument at that time was that Bastian failed to adapt as DM but now i cannot remember if the german was indeed that bad or Pep didnt tried enough...
    If I'm honest, I thought Schweini gave his all throughout 2012/13 and really had nothing left to give straight after. Perhaps he played a great World Cup with Germany the following year and that's it, either due to injuries or lack of motivation I thought he was well past it. Any Spanish player we had picked over him was more than justified.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    The anti-Spanish sentiment was always here, but became absolutely insufferable once we bought our first Spanish player (of recent times), Javi Martinez. The amount of pure, unadulterated hatred leveled at him before he ever arrived was simply absurd. Once he won us the treble, they shut up about him and moved onto their new favorite target, Thiago (whose only relationship to spain is his nationality). If you want to pick a starting point, it’s really the 2010 world cup that started so much anti-spanish hatred. The Wehraboos couldn’t stand to see their precious Germany defeated, so resorted to some of the ugliest traits of the human psyche - bigotry and prejudice.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by franz View Post
    He was class. I really like deepl lying playmakers and see this guy in a Bayern shirt really was something for history. He was almost finished though...

Another bad thing, if i remember correctly, is that Alonso was one of the reasons (some) Bayern fans started to act xenophobic against spanishs? At least at the beginning? Xabi was playing more and more while Schweinsteiger less and less. The argument at that time was that Bastian failed to adapt as DM but now i cannot remember if the german was indeed that bad or Pep didnt tried enough...
    Schweinsteiger had way too many injuries under Pep (missed 50 total games), but when healthy he always played.

Leave a comment:

• franz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    I'm missing this lad, pure class on and off the field

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Hope to see him back at Bayern one day

Leave a comment:

• St3ph3n
    replied
    Originally posted by mavros View Post
    Ι wouldn't even trust Wenger as the "do the laundry" general manager
    I understand.

Leave a comment:

• mavros
    replied
    Originally posted by RJNair View Post
    Wenger as head coach for a couple of years with Xabi Alonso as assistant.
    That would be an interesting timeline to experience.
    Ι wouldn't even trust Wenger as the "do the laundry" general manager

Leave a comment:

• bayern_fan
    replied
    He will learn from the great Niko Kovac.
    EtH plus Alonso or Pochetino with Xabi both options will be great. After that either Alonso to take over or maybe Klopp sometimes in the future

Leave a comment:

• RJNair
    replied
    Wenger as head coach for a couple of years with Xabi Alonso as assistant.
    That would be an interesting timeline to experience.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sakujo
    replied
    KHR is a fan.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Change Real Madrid with Bayern

Leave a comment: