Mats Hummels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayern_fan View Post
    The problem is he is a small team mentlaity coach who wants to play more with "heart" and tactics are not so important if everyone "gives gas" and "plays with heart". Probably if it was up to him he will fill the team with average players runners like rebic and similar.
    Dont get me wrong but this years CL was won by a team which played physically and with a great heart and great mentality. You can have all the tactics in the world but at the end it goes down to who wants it more on a given day.

One of the main reasons people here were shitstorming Pep was that he overcoached thigs...he just made football look like some big science and confused the players a lot. And in the end I think he wont another CL due to that reason.

I dont want to downplay the importance of tactics but if you take a closer look especially in the CL a "fancy" coach with "fancy" had not won CL since 2009.

You need combination of both proper tactics but also really good physical preparation and lion's heart and mentality.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post
      Dont get me wrong but this years CL was won by a team which played physically and with a great heart and great mentality. You can have all the tactics in the world but at the end it goes down to who wants it more on a given day.

One of the main reasons people here were shitstorming Pep was that he overcoached thigs...he just made football look like some big science and confused the players a lot. And in the end I think he wont another CL due to that reason.

I dont want to downplay the importance of tactics but if you take a closer look especially in the CL a "fancy" coach with "fancy" had not won CL since 2009.

You need combination of both proper tactics but also really good physical preparation and lion's heart and mentality.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
      I completely disagree with this. They won due to their tactics and better players. Only having heart is not enough when your body can't run, or you can't execute a certain pass because you lack the skill.

Liverpool excelled because Klopp's tactics put emphasis on his players strengths and minimized their faults, when they managed to win the midfield battle, they won, because their offensive players are just too good. Also, luck played its part, like always.
      Last edited by L4nd3r; 19-06-2019, 18:55.

Comment

• Also, the fancy coach won this UCL campaign, what the hell are you on?

Klopp's tactics aren't simple, they require pressing, zone marking and great chemistry between the players, also requires smart players to work. This Liverpool team would've won any premier league season if it wasn't facing Pep's City.
        Last edited by L4nd3r; 19-06-2019, 18:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
          I completely disagree with this. They won due to their tactics and better players. Only having heart is not enough when your body can't run, or you can't execute a certain pass because you lack the skill.

Liverpool excelled because Klopp's tactics put emphasis on his players strengths and minimized their faults, when they managed to win the midfield battle, they won, because their offensive players are just too good. Also, luck played its part, like always.
          Smart players with great physical strengths don't grow on tree...It took him 3 years and around 300 M spent.

My point was exactly what you are saying. Liverpool wont be remembered as a side that dominated other teams by great build-up play or some exquisite passing play or great offensive actions like Ajax. They will be remembered by their great ability to exploit opponents weakness and the ability to dominate MF by their physical presence and great pressing, which of course requires great physical skill and proper timing.

It was exactly after the final where Wenger said that for Liverpool to be dominant they need more technical skill with the ball in MF meaning they need more technically gifted midfielder. But what he also said is that, by doing so Liverpool might loose what was their greatest strength this season and that's what I have mentioned above.

To summarize...flashy football like the one Ajax or City play is no guarantee for CL success. I mean we all know that fact the best.

Comment

• Can't remember when was the last time Bayern sold a "big" player for market price. Hummels turned out to be a decent piece of business in the end. And he ended up keeping his salary at Dortmund too lol, will be one of the top earners in Ruhrpott. His salary is probably higher than the GDP of Dortmund.

Comment

• I always liked Hummels so I'm sad to see him go but I really hope the board begin to actually spend some of that money (they probably won't)

Comment

• I see no way that Boateng is ok with being a 4th choice CB along with Hummels. So expect his departure too

Comment

• Originally posted by micky View Post
                  Can't remember when was the last time Bayern sold a "big" player for market price. Hummels turned out to be a decent piece of business in the end. And he ended up keeping his salary at Dortmund too lol, will be one of the top earners in Ruhrpott. His salary is probably higher than the GDP of Dortmund.
                  So much for the rumored pay cut. lolololol

Comment

• It will be a disaster in my opinion keeping Boateng
                    That guy is gone. I’m hurt about Hummers being sold. No matter how it’s being painted. I feel like iv been stabbed in the guts by Bayern. This deal don’t just seat well with me. No it don’t. I don’t approve , I don’t like it. But I’m just a fan. What on earth can I do. Hummels is gone. I shed a tear. I really , really loved that guy.
                    I hope This move ends up as a good one.. I’ll never let this slide if defensively we are found lacking or I see Boateng replace Hummels.
                    Last edited by Bayernobi; 21-06-2019, 17:50.

Comment

• Bye Hummels, thanks for your service, you were part, for at least a couple of season, of one of Bayern’s best teams ever.

Comment

• Comment

• Hummels versus Barcelona

Comment

Working...
                          X