No announcement yet.

Philipp Lahm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He connects well when hes on the left, his partnership with Ribery is excellent, in the right moment, the best moves come from the left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sdzogs View Post
      I heard some roumors about Lahm replacing Ramos so he can play as CB. Any links about that? I mean, they won't get him, but still, it's RM, you never know.
      He has said no to barca and he will say no to Real aswell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
        He connects well when hes on the left, his partnership with Ribery is excellent, in the right moment, the best moves come from the left.
        as HSK said and as I said in my earlier post.. defensively he is better on the right but offensively I do agree that he connects well with Ribery.

Comment

• Yes, but he goes to much in attack there, leaving a hole in the back... also he looks very weird because he has to run to the center of the pitch because he's right footed.
          As RB he defended, passes to Robben and sometimes does some crosses.

Comment

• which is what Ribery does when he tries to cut in.. also with Lahm playing behind Ribery we have less crosses from the left.. and I agree that he leaves a hole on his side defensively sometimes.

Comment

• He always moves forward, left or right, hes that type of player, hes a pro wing-back. He may go too much into attack, but his overlapping is top. He cuts in the centre so he connects with the AMC and with the CM. Opening gaps to the winger, mistakes happen, he gets caught, simple. I rather he connects well, defends when called upon but he better than most players, keeps the flow goin on flank. And in terms of partnerships and teamwork, on the left, with Ribery, Bastian as the left sided CM, Kroos as the AMC is possibly the best.

Comment

• that was the case at the beginning of the season when the team was feared by all others, but it is not working in our current run of form, every time Lahm tries to cut in to the center he faces 2 defenders, passes it to Ribery on the wing and again 2 or 3 defenders are opposing him so he sends it back to Badstuber.. this is the scenario of our offense currently.

and mistakes that cost us goals should not be taken lightly because our offensive play is not good enough to put us back in the game after being down.

Comment

• And you think that on the right with someone like Robben would be different?

Comment

• No I don't, it won't be different when all our offense does is play on the wings no matter who the winger is.. but I'm saying that taking less chances defensively is the better choice currently until the team can score when it matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by CureM View Post
                      that was the case at the beginning of the season when the team was feared by all others, but it is not working in our current run of form, every time Lahm tries to cut in to the center he faces 2 defenders, passes it to Ribery on the wing and again 2 or 3 defenders are opposing him so he sends it back to Badstuber.. this is the scenario of our offense currently.

and mistakes that cost us goals should not be taken lightly because our offensive play is not good enough to put us back in the game after being down.
                      Or he goes forward, passes the ball to Toni, makes a run towards the goal, hoping for a pass from Toni, but Toni doesn't look to his left and always turns his back to Lahm, passing the ball somewhere else.

Comment

• I do agree that Lahm at RB is better defensively but it also eliminates a lot of variation with attacking wing play. For the last few years it seems Bayern are so fixated on the wings with little creativity in the middle that you need some kind of variation otherwise it becomes too predictable like last season.

However it does have to be said that in my opinion he has been pretty poor at LB this season both in attacking and defending.

Comment

• well, i only saw the second half of the game cuz i was attending a meeting yesterday, and i must say, most of the actions were taken from the left flank during our attacks, and Lahm's absence there was clearly noticeable. i mean as much talent as Alaba has, and he's physically very fit and strong, and even seemed very fast all the time, he is no Lahm. i saw lack of creativity on that flank without Lahm and i also saw that Lahm doesn't really work well with Robben. again, this is my observation of only the second half and i might be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Sushi View Post
                            I do agree that Lahm at RB is better defensively but it also eliminates a lot of variation with attacking wing play. For the last few years it seems Bayern are so fixated on the wings with little creativity in the middle that you need some kind of variation otherwise it becomes too predictable like last season.

However it does have to be said that in my opinion he has been pretty poor at LB this season both in attacking and defending.
                            it is already predictable again all times we play against now close down the flanks with 2 or 3 players and we are all handicapped again with no options but going back.. but I fully agree on the second part of your post.

Originally posted by Wavy View Post
                            well, i only saw the second half of the game cuz i was attending a meeting yesterday, and i must say, most of the actions were taken from the left flank during our attacks, and Lahm's absence there was clearly noticeable. i mean as much talent as Alaba has, and he's physically very fit and strong, and even seemed very fast all the time, he is no Lahm. i saw lack of creativity on that flank without Lahm and i also saw that Lahm doesn't really work well with Robben. again, this is my observation of only the second half and i might be wrong.
                            Alaba's position is not LB but I think he did a decent job there, he made smooth and fast transitions from attack to defense and moved the ball well.. but moving Lahm to RB stabilized our defense a lot more than the first half..

Comment

• Still think the answer here is to just clone him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeBird View Post
                                Still think the answer here is to just clone him.
                                Or(and) wait for his son. At the age of 16 I'm convinced he must be mature enough to play for Bayern and his father being only 44 will be still playing in top class level. So will have them both for 5-6 years or more, depending on Philip's willingness to continue after he's been 50.

Comment

Working...
                                X