This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by micky View Post
    Not that I watched a lot of Milan last season, but whenever I did, it looked like all players were a liability.

I think Rodríguez can provide good competition to Alaba who isn't much, if any, better nowadays.
    He was the main responsible in a few meaningful losses Milan witnessed last season (1st derby vs Inter and the 2nd leg vs Arsenal above all). I can agree he could well be on the same level as Alaba these days but then again there's little to look forward to.

Originally posted by Fussballgott View Post
    Well he is really good in this World Cup ... and Milan ... when the team does not turn good a left-back can't do shit about it I guess ...
    He did commit a few individual blunders that cost his team dearly. I haven't seen too many WC closely enough to judge but International Football is a different stage if you ask me. Not good enough to put up a comparison. Anyways wouldn't mind him given it's Bernat we have in our roster these days.

Comment

• LOZANO!

If he is not in our radar we are utterly stupid.

Comment

• I suggested him a few months back, he had a good but not great world cup and should still be in our range unlike pavard who has reschke wanking off at the thought of PSG or some English club coming with 60m for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy5Rings View Post
          I suggested him a few months back, he had a good but not great world cup and should still be in our range unlike pavard who has reschke wanking off at the thought of PSG or some English club coming with 60m for him.

Lozano had a great World Cup. What are you talking about? He’s only twenty two and was instrumental for Mexico. He has shown that he can deliver at the top stage, and has a lot of potential.

Also, imagine how many shirts we’ll be able to sell in Mexico and in the US?

Comment

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
            Lozano had a great World Cup. What are you talking about? He’s only twenty two and was instrumental for Mexico. He has shown that he can deliver at the top stage, and has a lot of potential.

You might be able to chalk it up to Mexico's open style of play but he's shown that he isn't a 90 minute player yet and while he created a ton off the ball, on it he wasn't as electric as he is for PSV. He didn't have the James type world cup to make some club like Barça or Real come for him immediately which is good for us and his chances to come here.

I agree on the last two sentences though and the latter is why I see him as being more valuable than pulisic from a marketing standpoint. Mexican fans aren't as fickle and you can argue that Chicharito being in Leverkusen was a big reason why Fox bought the Bundesliga rights.

Comment

• I haven’t watched him on the Eredivisie, but he had a tremendous World Cup for a 22 year old kid. BTW, Pavard also became one of my dream transfers.

Comment

I honestly wouldn't call the World Cup the top stage given how poorly everyone is performing

Comment

• Originally posted by LookAtTheTime View Post
                  I honestly wouldn't call the World Cup the top stage given how poorly everyone is performing
                  Lozano has shown he can play against better talent though is the point. He's ready for a move to a more legit club in Europe now.

Comment

Bullshit.

Comment

• National cup tournaments aren't top stage rohr

Comment

• Transfer Wishlist 2017/18

Originally posted by LookAtTheTime View Post
                        National cup tournaments aren't top stage rohr

It’s the most difficult pressure wise. There’s an incredibly amount of psychological pressure on every player in the World Cup. A team like Real Madrid would be an instant favorite to win a World Cup, but the fact that there are at least 7-10 teams that could win the title speaks a lot about the competitiveness of the tournament.

Also, players like Messi and Ronaldo who have done amazingly well for club, but never won a single World Cup will NEVER be considered the GOAT. Simple as that, it is the most prestigious, popular (literally watched by more than 1 billion people), and the most rewarding for a player’s career.

Comment

It’s the most difficult pressure wise. There’s an incredibly amount of psychological pressure on every player in the World Cup. A team like Real Madrid would be an instant favorite to win a World Cup, but the fact that there are at least 7-10 teams that could win the title speaks a lot about the competitiveness of the tournament.

Also, players like Messi and Ronaldo who have done amazingly well for club, but never won a single World Cup will NEVER be considered the GOAT. Simple as that, it is the most prestigious, popular (literally watched by more than 1 billion people), and the most rewarding for a player’s career.
                          This GOAT talk is just dumb. Winning a World Cup is harder for this top level players than the UCL because clubs teams are global, you aren't confined to your Nationals, the player quality in Portugal's squad is just inferior to Uruguay, that's the reality of things.

Messi excuse is more fucked up, because Argentina actually had good squads in 2010 and 2014, but he failed to show up, but this year squad was just a mess, not even peak Maradona could've saved them.
                          Last edited by L4nd3r; 04-07-2018, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by LookAtTheTime View Post
                            National cup tournaments aren't top stage rohr
                            No other football tournament in the world is as prestigious as the World Cup is.

Comment

• WC simply can't define a player's quality, because you need a group of world class players to win it and a good generation of football players

Croatia & Belgium are good examples ... in the past they had no chance given their respective squads, this year they have a good chance of reaching the final and maybe winning the trophy

Also players like Salah, Messi, Lozano ... could've done wonders if they had world class players around them

Yes the wc is the most prestigious tournament in the world, but it can never define a "GOAT" (even though I agree with L4nd3r that this goat talk is dumb)

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                                WC simply can't define a player's quality, because you need a group of world class players to win it and a good generation of football players

Croatia & Belgium are good examples ... in the past they had no chance given their respective squads, this year they have a good chance of reaching the final and maybe winning the trophy

Also players like Salah, Messi, Lozano ... could've done wonders if they had world class players around them

Yes the wc is the most prestigious tournament in the world, but it can never define a "GOAT" (even though I agree with L4nd3r that this goat talk is dumb)
                                I mean, Pelé won a WC after he only played two games and was out of the tournament due to a injury, he also crashed out in group stages in 1966. How can the supposed GOAT crash out in group stages? Sometimes things just don't go your way in these short tournaments.

Edit:

To clarify, i'm not trying to debate Pelé's "GOAT" status, just showing how this GOAT discussion is silly.
                                Last edited by L4nd3r; 04-07-2018, 20:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X