X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCapitalist
    replied
    Originally posted by p4vo View Post
    Am I the only one who sees a light in Lyon's Houssem Aouar? Just correct me if I've missed it somewhere in the threads. I know he's linked with City and more recently Arsenal, which might be close by reports. It's a young man with enormous potential, a very skilled midfielder who I definitely could see as a option with a Thiago departure in mind.

He's obviously not at the same level as the Spaniard yet but he most certainly could be in the future. His French/Algerian decent only make him even more interesting. (Not that he's the new Zidane or anything) but French and Bayern clicks together. If Alcantara does transfer, this is the signing I would like the most, both in economical sense, footballing ability and age and future in mind.

What do you think? Would like some opinions on this, please.
    ​​
    Unless he can play as a Thiago-like regista (which seems unlikely) I don't see the point. I think he is more of a 10, isn't he?

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ciriaco
    replied
    Am I the only one who sees a light in Lyon's Houssem Aouar? Just correct me if I've missed it somewhere in the threads. I know he's linked with City and more recently Arsenal, which might be close by reports. It's a young man with enormous potential, a very skilled midfielder who I definitely could see as a option with a Thiago departure in mind.

He's obviously not at the same level as the Spaniard yet but he most certainly could be in the future. His French/Algerian decent only make him even more interesting. (Not that he's the new Zidane or anything) but French and Bayern clicks together. If Alcantara does transfer, this is the signing I would like the most, both in economical sense, footballing ability and age and future in mind.

​​
    I would go for him. I think its a no brainer. He has huge potential. He is no Thiago but he has great potential, huge talent. He is someone we can use and has set of skills that we will lack in midfield if Thiago leaves.

Although, I have to say I prefer Camavinga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied

​​
    Yeah, I'd die for Auoar at Bayern, but that is never going to happen, i simply don't see a spot for him here even if we somehow pull that trigger. He's more attacking than Thiago, a Coutinho-like player, attacking midfielder, something we don't need with Müller still being the undisputed starter. I'd rather have a Thiago replacement. Someone like Saúl, who can play anywhere in midfield just like Thiago.

Leave a comment:

• p4vo
    replied

​​

Leave a comment:

• PCapitalist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post

You are right. On the other hand, Havertz is a player targeted for quite some time. He was already marked as a 100mio player prior to COVID. Therefore, I am not surprised he was not cheap. Although even him went for less than would have been his price in normal circumstances.

I really hope we will not get things for granted because of the triple. We need to freshen up our squad. Its going to be a difficult season.

I hope so too. We should reinforce in the good times, not in the bad times (as Manchester United and Barça have shown).

Leave a comment:

• Ciriaco
    replied
    Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
    The reluctance to take any debt probably prevents exploiting those opportunities you rightly highlight. That being said... Havertz just moved for 100m euros so not every player is cheap at the moment.

You are right. On the other hand, Havertz is a player targeted for quite some time. He was already marked as a 100mio player prior to COVID. Therefore, I am not surprised he was not cheap. Although even him went for less than would have been his price in normal circumstances.

I really hope we will not get things for granted because of the triple. We need to freshen up our squad. Its going to be a difficult season.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Can't wait to buy Havertz on a discount in ~2 years.

Leave a comment:

• PCapitalist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Actually I don�t think its that hard. Given the economic impact of COVID19 there is a massive urge for liquidity. Financially stable clubs like Bayern should not have troubles getting players.

Just for example look at the case of Sandro Tonali. He is no World Class player yet but in normal circumstances he would have cost a lot more than what Milan paid for him.

My point being...we just have to identify the right targets and we should be able to get our players quite easily.

I have to say I expect our transfer activity to take a speed in the coming days.

The reluctance to take any debt probably prevents exploiting those opportunities you rightly highlight. That being said... Havertz just moved for 100m euros so not every player is cheap at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Ciriaco
    replied
    Actually I don’t think its that hard. Given the economic impact of COVID19 there is a massive urge for liquidity. Financially stable clubs like Bayern should not have troubles getting players.

Just for example look at the case of Sandro Tonali. He is no World Class player yet but in normal circumstances he would have cost a lot more than what Milan paid for him.

My point being...we just have to identify the right targets and we should be able to get our players quite easily.

I have to say I expect our transfer activity to take a speed in the coming days.

Leave a comment:

• Bazi
    replied
    The transfer market is so difficult this summer it is hard to come up with even semi-realistic transfer wishes that improve the team without breaking the bank.

If I had one big wish it is to extend David Alaba (and Thiago but I fear that ship has sailed). My second biggest wish would be to find a way to get some production out of Lucas Hernandez.

All of these things would probably benefit us more than a new player for 30M €.

Leave a comment:

• misafeco
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    https://streamable.com/601qi5

Hopefully we have our eyes on this guy.
    I have been following Szoboszlai since his early days in Salzburg. He was close to sign with Milan and supposedly rejected an Arsenal offer this summer. He is doing it very smart, the next step should be Leipzig or a decent Italian/Spanish team next year. Still only 19 and already playing for a regular CL participant.
    The free-kick was absolutely brilliant, no doubt about it.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    https://streamable.com/601qi5

Hopefully we have our eyes on this guy.

Leave a comment:

• Wavy
    replied
    Yeah, usually kids hyped at that young an age don't make it, but he seems to have developed very nicely. I think they will be counting on him for next season.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by St3ph3n View Post
    What ya mean?
    Probably means he's pissed that we didn't take Ødegaard back in 2015 when he was like 15 years-old. Yeah, he could become one of the world's best players in future. He's got higher ceiling than Havertz IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by Wavy View Post
    Anyone feeling slightly pissed that Real beat us in the Odegaard sweepstakes?
    He's starting to come around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X