This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's coming in?

Pavard done, Arp, Hernandez, CHO, Werner(?), Havertz(?)

Ribery, Robben, Rafinha, Boateng all out.

Gonna be an exciting summer at least.

Comment

• Defense: Pavard and Hernandez

MF: Brandt - good quality as CAM, cheap and experienced

Attack: CHO, Pepé and Jović

Out: Boateng, Rafinha, Ribery, Robben, Davies on loan.

That would be 10/10 for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Considering all the players rumored to us, I might see us winning the BuLi in a comfortable fashion, again, but nowhere close enough to gear up in the CL lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post
          Considering all the players rumored to us, I might see us winning the BuLi in a comfortable fashion, again, but nowhere close enough to gear up in the CL lol
          I think it's both on the players and the coach when you look at the overall picture. We currently don't have a coach that's capable of taking us the next step.

Comment

Considering all the players rumored to us, I might see us winning the BuLi in a comfortable fashion, again, but nowhere close enough to gear up in the CL lol
            yes the list of players we are linked to lacks the top names .. names that can carry a team offensively ..

players like;
            Hazard, Bale (when in inform), Neymar (when not acting), Mbappe etc ..
            these are out of reach for us.
            but that doesn't mean we can't compete in CL with tier 2 type of players, we just need a good coach and a good mentality ..

When Liverpool assembled their current squad the majority of their players were tier 2 type of players;
            Salah? wasn't world class, Mane was as good as Pepe today, and we all know Firmino from his days in the BL.

the thing is, they developed as a team, and molded into a system that is making them a legit CL contenders and closer than ever to challenge for the EPL.
            that's what we exactly need. the question is, can Niko build a similar system with us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
              yes the list of players we are linked to lacks the top names .. names that can carry a team offensively ..

players like;
              Hazard, Bale (when in inform), Neymar (when not acting), Mbappe etc ..
              these are out of reach for us.
              but that doesn't mean we can't compete in CL with tier 2 type of players, we just need a good coach and a good mentality ..

When Liverpool assembled their current squad the majority of their players were tier 2 type of players;
              Salah? wasn't world class, Mane was as good as Pepe today, and we all know Firmino from his days in the BL.

the thing is, they developed as a team, and molded into a system that is making them a legit CL contenders and closer than ever to challenge for the EPL.
              that's what we exactly need. the question is, can Niko build a similar system with us?
              And this magically molded team that Liverpool apparently are amounted to exactly the same or even less than Bayern in the last 2 years. Had an ez-pz walk to Kyiv then got dismantled by Real just like happened to Bayern. Miles away and never a real contender for the league title. This year they firstly focused on the league and they've lost all their CL away fixtures (even to fucking Napoli and Red Star lol) and only the weakest Bayern in a long time served their victory on a silver plate. However, that still was not enough for them to be top of the league in the BPL.

Make no mistake, they can rely on some random exploits just like those occurred vs us or vs Pep last season, but they'll always get sent back home short later.

Been longing to clinch the BPL title in 20 years or so and just celebrating a random CL Final. I thought Bayern were better than this.

Football is no exact science but it's pretty easy, if you wanna have a real shot at winning European silverware, you gotta have the best of the best. Bayern won the CL when they had the best goalie around, the best couple of wingers, best midfielder-duo and the best pair of fullbacks, not by having tier 2 type of players. Fall short of WC players, fall short of European silverware.

Comment

And this magically molded team that Liverpool apparently are amounted to exactly the same or even less than Bayern in the last 2 years. Had an ez-pz walk to Kyiv then got dismantled by Real just like happened to Bayern. Miles away and never a real contender for the league title. This year they firstly focused on the league and they've lost all their CL away fixtures (even to fucking Napoli and Red Star lol) and only the weakest Bayern in a long time served their victory on a silver plate. However, that still was not enough for them to be top of the league in the BPL.

Make no mistake, they can rely on some random exploits just like those occurred vs us or vs Pep last season, but they'll always get sent back home short later.

Been longing to clinch the BPL title in 20 years or so and just celebrating a random CL Final. I thought Bayern were better than this.

Football is no exact science but it's pretty easy, if you wanna have a real shot at winning European silverware, you gotta have the best of the best. Bayern won the CL when they had the best goalie around, the best couple of wingers, best midfielder-duo and the best pair of fullbacks, not by having tier 2 type of players. Fall short of WC players, fall short of European silverware.
                you are being harsh on Liverpool here.
                Klopp started rebuilding the team just a couple of years ago, so their failure to win the EPL for 20 years or more is an irrelevant point.

destroying Pep's side on two separate occasions isn't an exploit. bare in mind that Pep's team has all the top stars and names we all drooling over here in BZ.
                and we both remember the way they lost the final last season.

their group this year was a tough one, and losing to red star isn't something out of the ordinary, I remember Bayern losing to a similar team 3-1 back in our triple season.
                P$G have an elite squad yet they lost to ManU B team, as they did in the past seasons.

ManCity lost the past two season despite having a superior squad with a prestigious coach. and we will see how they will play once they get a tough opponent this season.
                what I mean is, there is a chance to compete in Europe with the players we are linked with if we manage to get them.

it's not an easy route, but I believe it's possible.
                Last edited by Sakujo; 14-03-2019, 01:43.

Comment

• Attack is clearly our issue and needs to be addressed

Comment

you are being harsh on Liverpool here.
                    Klopp started rebuilding the team just a couple of years ago, so their failure to win the EPL for 20 years or more is an irrelevant point.

destroying Pep's side on two separate occasions isn't an exploit. bare in mind that Pep's team has all the top stars and names we all drooling over here in BZ.
                    and we both remember the way they lost the final last season.

their group this year was a tough one, and losing to red star isn't something out of the ordinary, I remember Bayern losing to a similar team 3-1 back in our triple season.
                    P$G have an elite squad yet they lost to ManU B team, as they did in the past seasons.

ManCity lost the past two season despite having a superior squad with a prestigious coach. and we will see how they will play once they get a tough opponent this season.
                    what I mean is, there is a chance to compete in Europe with the players we are linked with if we manage to get them.

it's not an easy route, but I believe it's possible.
                    Of course having top players is not enough, you need to be able to put up the perfect squad and make it suit as a tailored dress. Tactics and chemistry have got to be on point, too, if you aim at claiming the best you gotta be the best.

Man City do not just aim to win, they aim to do so in their own fashion and follow their own style under Pep. PSG have la crème de la crème in only one department, the other roles are fulfilled with average to mediocre players and they gave an unexperienced coach a Ferrari to drive.

Re-building at Liverpool is different than doing so at Bayern. Expectations are simply different. Finishing 4th in the PL and making it to the Quarters in the CL and Liverpool fans used to call it a day, Bayern fans would be disappointed with a 2nd place in the BuLi + Round of 8 in the CL and rightly so.

When Bayern re-built the team back in 2007 they got the main striker of the NT who was World Champions in charge back then + the most prominent winger who just happened to play a WC Final, too, the year before. On top of that they added Miroslav Klose, too.

If Bayern were serious on being the top 3 in Europe they should pursue the likes of Mbappé (best winger out there) and De Ligt (best CB out there). In addition a young DM to groom, eventually. Quality over quantity.

Comment

• 8 new players.

Comment

• Originally posted by LookAtTheTime View Post
                        Overall my wishlist is

CHO, De Ligt, Lucas, a DM (Kante would be the dream, but realistically someone like Ascacibar), and signing James.

In the summer we also offload Boateng, Hummels, Rafinha, Robben, Ribery, Sanches, and Javi.

I feel like most of that is pretty realistic.
                        This but not signing James and keeping Javi

Also signing Brandt and another ST

Comment

Of course having top players is not enough, you need to be able to put up the perfect squad and make it suit as a tailored dress. Tactics and chemistry have got to be on point, too, if you aim at claiming the best you gotta be the best.

Man City do not just aim to win, they aim to do so in their own fashion and follow their own style under Pep. PSG have la crème de la crème in only one department, the other roles are fulfilled with average to mediocre players and they gave an unexperienced coach a Ferrari to drive.

Re-building at Liverpool is different than doing so at Bayern. Expectations are simply different. Finishing 4th in the PL and making it to the Quarters in the CL and Liverpool fans used to call it a day, Bayern fans would be disappointed with a 2nd place in the BuLi + Round of 8 in the CL and rightly so.

When Bayern re-built the team back in 2007 they got the main striker of the NT who was World Champions in charge back then + the most prominent winger who just happened to play a WC Final, too, the year before. On top of that they added Miroslav Klose, too.

If Bayern were serious on being the top 3 in Europe they should pursue the likes of Mbappé (best winger out there) and De Ligt (best CB out there). In addition a young DM to groom, eventually. Quality over quantity.
                          Pavard, Hernandez & Tolisso are World cup winners.
                          so at least defensively we should be set.
                          I also don't think De Ligt is better than Hernandez.

offensively our work will be cut out for us as all the game changers wont be available. Uli or KHR once said that if a player like Mbappe is available then he's worth the money, but he's just not available ..
                          even if he is available I doubt we will get him.

so, we have to look for the next big thing. and btw Ribery wasn't one of the best wingers in the world when we got him, he became an absolute world class with us. Robben is a different story, he already was world class before joining us.

what I am trying to say here, is that I get your point, but we will have to work with what is available, players like Pepe, Odoi, Brandit, Havertz & Jovic (if we can secure them) can be groomed into world class players just like we groomed Basti, Kroos, Boa ..etc.

it's not an easy route as I said and it needs patience and proper coaching, but it's possible.
                          our most expensive player atm is Tolisso for 40 Mils, and we are about to double that number, it means we are finally adapting ..

it's something to look forward to.

Comment

Pavard, Hernandez & Tolisso are World cup winners.
                            so at least defensively we should be set.
                            I also don't think De Ligt is better than Hernandez.

offensively our work will be cut out for us as all the game changers wont be available. Uli or KHR once said that if a player like Mbappe is available then he's worth the money, but he's just not available ..
                            even if he is available I doubt we will get him.

so, we have to look for the next big thing. and btw Ribery wasn't one of the best wingers in the world when we got him, he became an absolute world class with us. Robben is a different story, he already was world class before joining us.

what I am trying to say here, is that I get your point, but we will have to work with what is available, players like Pepe, Odoi, Brandit, Havertz & Jovic (if we can secure them) can be groomed into world class players just like we groomed Basti, Kroos, Boa ..etc.

it's not an easy route as I said and it needs patience and proper coaching, but it's possible.
                            our most expensive player atm is Tolisso for 40 Mils, and we are about to double that number, it means we are finally adapting ..

it's something to look forward to.
                            I admit I've never once been impressed with Tolisso and would be willing to sell him in the blink of an eye but I know it's just me. I think Pavard is overrated. Lucas I want, him, but would've liked to see him alongside De Ligt who has a commanding and stable presence, too.

However, I tendentially agree with you, my only point is you forget those players we groomed (as the likes of Basti, Kroos etc) could do so next to WC players in their role. Basti had the luck to play alongside van Bommel, Kroos could play in the middle between Rib & Rob and so on. Not even to mention they had splendid mentors as LvG and Jupp. As of now we're just discussing a bunch of names to sign for our club (which lacks of stars big time) with no precise plan whatsoever to stick to and without even knowing what coach will lead us and if he can help young players to develop as expected.

Comment

• You weren't impressed with Tolisso against Madrid last season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                                You weren't impressed with Tolisso against Madrid last season?
                                It’s a year ago. What have you done for me lately. A year ago is a long time

Comment

Working...
                                X