Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Wishlist

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Actually I don�t think its that hard. Given the economic impact of COVID19 there is a massive urge for liquidity. Financially stable clubs like Bayern should not have troubles getting players.

    Just for example look at the case of Sandro Tonali. He is no World Class player yet but in normal circumstances he would have cost a lot more than what Milan paid for him.

    My point being...we just have to identify the right targets and we should be able to get our players quite easily.

    I have to say I expect our transfer activity to take a speed in the coming days.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The reluctance to take any debt probably prevents exploiting those opportunities you rightly highlight. That being said... Havertz just moved for 100m euros so not every player is cheap at the moment.

    Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Can't wait to buy Havertz on a discount in ~2 years.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
        The reluctance to take any debt probably prevents exploiting those opportunities you rightly highlight. That being said... Havertz just moved for 100m euros so not every player is cheap at the moment.

        Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
        You are right. On the other hand, Havertz is a player targeted for quite some time. He was already marked as a 100mio player prior to COVID. Therefore, I am not surprised he was not cheap. Although even him went for less than would have been his price in normal circumstances.

        I really hope we will not get things for granted because of the triple. We need to freshen up our squad. Its going to be a difficult season.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post

          You are right. On the other hand, Havertz is a player targeted for quite some time. He was already marked as a 100mio player prior to COVID. Therefore, I am not surprised he was not cheap. Although even him went for less than would have been his price in normal circumstances.

          I really hope we will not get things for granted because of the triple. We need to freshen up our squad. Its going to be a difficult season.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I hope so too. We should reinforce in the good times, not in the bad times (as Manchester United and Barça have shown).

          Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Am I the only one who sees a light in Lyon's Houssem Aouar? Just correct me if I've missed it somewhere in the threads. I know he's linked with City and more recently Arsenal, which might be close by reports. It's a young man with enormous potential, a very skilled midfielder who I definitely could see as a option with a Thiago departure in mind.

            He's obviously not at the same level as the Spaniard yet but he most certainly could be in the future. His French/Algerian decent only make him even more interesting. (Not that he's the new Zidane or anything) but French and Bayern clicks together. If Alcantara does transfer, this is the signing I would like the most, both in economical sense, footballing ability and age and future in mind.

            What do you think? Would like some opinions on this, please.
            ​​

            Comment


            • Originally posted by p4vo View Post
              Am I the only one who sees a light in Lyon's Houssem Aouar? Just correct me if I've missed it somewhere in the threads. I know he's linked with City and more recently Arsenal, which might be close by reports. It's a young man with enormous potential, a very skilled midfielder who I definitely could see as a option with a Thiago departure in mind.

              He's obviously not at the same level as the Spaniard yet but he most certainly could be in the future. His French/Algerian decent only make him even more interesting. (Not that he's the new Zidane or anything) but French and Bayern clicks together. If Alcantara does transfer, this is the signing I would like the most, both in economical sense, footballing ability and age and future in mind.

              What do you think? Would like some opinions on this, please.
              ​​
              Yeah, I'd die for Auoar at Bayern, but that is never going to happen, i simply don't see a spot for him here even if we somehow pull that trigger. He's more attacking than Thiago, a Coutinho-like player, attacking midfielder, something we don't need with Müller still being the undisputed starter. I'd rather have a Thiago replacement. Someone like Saúl, who can play anywhere in midfield just like Thiago.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by p4vo View Post
                Am I the only one who sees a light in Lyon's Houssem Aouar? Just correct me if I've missed it somewhere in the threads. I know he's linked with City and more recently Arsenal, which might be close by reports. It's a young man with enormous potential, a very skilled midfielder who I definitely could see as a option with a Thiago departure in mind.

                He's obviously not at the same level as the Spaniard yet but he most certainly could be in the future. His French/Algerian decent only make him even more interesting. (Not that he's the new Zidane or anything) but French and Bayern clicks together. If Alcantara does transfer, this is the signing I would like the most, both in economical sense, footballing ability and age and future in mind.

                What do you think? Would like some opinions on this, please.
                ​​
                I would go for him. I think its a no brainer. He has huge potential. He is no Thiago but he has great potential, huge talent. He is someone we can use and has set of skills that we will lack in midfield if Thiago leaves.

                Although, I have to say I prefer Camavinga.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by p4vo View Post
                  Am I the only one who sees a light in Lyon's Houssem Aouar? Just correct me if I've missed it somewhere in the threads. I know he's linked with City and more recently Arsenal, which might be close by reports. It's a young man with enormous potential, a very skilled midfielder who I definitely could see as a option with a Thiago departure in mind.

                  He's obviously not at the same level as the Spaniard yet but he most certainly could be in the future. His French/Algerian decent only make him even more interesting. (Not that he's the new Zidane or anything) but French and Bayern clicks together. If Alcantara does transfer, this is the signing I would like the most, both in economical sense, footballing ability and age and future in mind.

                  What do you think? Would like some opinions on this, please.
                  ​​
                  Unless he can play as a Thiago-like regista (which seems unlikely) I don't see the point. I think he is more of a 10, isn't he?

                  Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                    Unless he can play as a Thiago-like regista (which seems unlikely) I don't see the point. I think he is more of a 10, isn't he?

                    Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
                    He originally is, however lately he's been working more on becoming a complete midfielder and becoming more solid

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                      Unless he can play as a Thiago-like regista (which seems unlikely) I don't see the point. I think he is more of a 10, isn't he?

                      Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
                      Ironically, wasn't that what everyone said about Thiago when he arrived?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Grey View Post

                        Ironically, wasn't that what everyone said about Thiago when he arrived?
                        TBH, 2013 Thiago wouldn't start against 2017-2020 Thiago, he became a great DLP/Regista type of player.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Grey View Post

                          Ironically, wasn't that what everyone said about Thiago when he arrived?
                          Thiago wasn’t nearly as good defensively when he came to Bayern as he is now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Grey View Post

                            Ironically, wasn't that what everyone said about Thiago when he arrived?
                            As I recall it, regista was the first position in which Pep tried Thiago

                            As someone said, he was not as good in the defensive side back then, but I don't think he was ever regarded as a 10. If I recall correctly, he was regarded as somewhere in between Xavi and Iniesta, probably closer to Xavi.

                            Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                              As I recall it, regista was the first position in which Pep tried Thiago

                              As someone said, he was not as good in the defensive side back then, but I don't think he was ever regarded as a 10. If I recall correctly, he was regarded as somewhere in between Xavi and Iniesta, probably closer to Xavi.

                              Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
                              Yes. He was always clearly better than Gotze. But there was a time where they were in "competition" with each other. When they couldn't be different as players.

                              Comment


                              • Heynckes recommended him to us as a 10 (similarly to how he used Kroos), and the board bought him as a 10 to compete with Goetze. Pep on the other hand wanted Thiago as a regista.

                                My point is that we have a not-too-distant example in this very club of a player brought in with less than optimal defensive ability who was subsequently able to develop that part of their game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X