This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
    I think the idea that our strikers don't get space is an outdated notion. We do a lot for counterattacking lately, and I feel that is going to be increasingly so with less Thiago and more Kimmich in MF.

Anyway as to your other points... Yes Lewy is by far the best 9 at the moment, but IF we could get a great sum out of him (+100m) I think it would be wise to take it and get a younger replacement, especially when Haaland just looks like the ideal candidate. Can't remember another young striker looking as good as this one since forever.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
    I think it's a pipe dream getting anything near 100+ mio for Lewa as things stand with the world economy collapsing and that includes football as a business. Also his age is against him, no one would pay that much for a 33 year old striker, even if he's the worlds best.

I'm pretty sure Lewa will be here at least until his contract ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post

I think it's a pipe dream getting anything near 100+ mio for Lewa as things stand with the world economy collapsing and that includes football as a business. Also his age is against him, no one would pay that much for a 33 year old striker, even if he's the worlds best.

I'm pretty sure Lewa will be here at least until his contract ends.
      You're probably right, but it wouldn't be unprecedented. Cristiano moved for more to Juventus and so did Hazard to Madrid.

Comment

You're probably right, but it wouldn't be unprecedented. Cristiano moved for more to Juventus and so did Hazard to Madrid.

I know and I agree it could've happened but that should be before corona. But now it's not gonna happen.

Comment

• I agree. I think sooner rather than later we have to talk about life after Lewandowski.

I think we are not even fully awarer how difficult will be to replace him. He is a 50+ goals striker on a consistent level for so many years now. But its not just his numbers. Mario Gomez also had 40 goals in a season for us but he probably waisted 200+ chances to score that 40 goals. Lewa is a guy that can creat his own chances if you give him that much space. He is unique.

So we have to have this debate. And start searching for his successor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It will be later, not sooner when we try to replace Lewandowski. They'll run it back with him until the the wheels fall off and it becomes blatantly obvious that it doesn't work anymore. Then they'll give it another 1-2 years for good measure in case Lewy had a downyear. So on balance it will be three years too late just like it was with Ribéry and Robben.

Too bad Haaland will already be on the market next year. Definitely too early for our board.

Perhaps things will be different with Brazzo and Kahn in charge. We'll see.
            Last edited by Bazi; 21-09-2020, 23:04.

Comment

• Dude just would’ve won the Ballon and you guys are ready to replace him. GTFO here

Comment

I think the idea that our strikers don't get space is an outdated notion. We do a lot for counterattacking lately, and I feel that is going to be increasingly so with less Thiago and more Kimmich in MF.
                Strongly agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazi View Post
                  It will be later, not sooner when we try to replace Lewandowski. They'll run it back with him until the the wheels fall off and it becomes blatantly obvious that it doesn't work anymore. Then they'll give it another 1-2 years for good measure in case Lewy had a downyear. So on balance it will be three years too late just like it was with Ribéry and Robben.

Too bad Haaland will already be on the market next year. Definitely too early for our board.

Perhaps things will be different with Brazzo and Kahn in charge. We'll see.
                  Good thing is Lewa is not relying on speed but his positioning and finishing. As a striker like him it's easier and also not uncommon to play at the highest level until you're in your mid 30's and even beyond. I'm not saying this is the ideal thing for us to put all our faith in but I'm fairly sure Lewa will retain a world class level until 2023 when his current contract runs out.

He's one of the most professional and fittest players you'll find out there, it's not him we have to worry about but our board which you also said yourself.

Comment

• So now both Thiago & Javi are sold. We will probably sign Dest and a new midfielder. As for the 4th winger, I think it's going to be CHO on loan or Musiala.

Comment

• Comment

• Would love to bring Aouar in. Camivinga I rate higher... but I’d still big time welcome Aouar

Comment

• I doubt Bayern would pay that much...

Would love to have him though. He's like a French Thiago

Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk

Comment

• Perhaps we can pick up Perisic again in the bargain bin when Inter is desperate to get rid of him ahead of the closure of the transfer window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazi View Post
                              Perhaps we can pick up Perisic again in the bargain bin when Inter is desperate to get rid of him ahead of the closure of the transfer window.
                              I'd love that.

Hopefully the board didn't completely rule it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post

I'd love that.

Hopefully the board didn't completely rule it out.

They tried to loan him again but Inter ruled out that option. Maybe they'll be more inclined once we're closer to the end of the transfer window.

Comment

Working...
                                X