This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
    What? Why??? He used to be good, what happened to him?

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
    From what I'm reading in Danish media then he just never got over all the speculation sorrounding him after it was announced he would leave Tottenham/wanted to try something new. So I guess it's a combination of complacency or because he's fragile mentally.

He should never have left Tottenham. Many Danish people also argued he was at the perfect club and that he wasn't good enough for something bigger. Eriksen is a world class player at his best but he hasn't been at this best for more than a year and a half.

When he were at his best there were talks about if he should go to Barcelona and Real Madrid as many thought that would be his next destination. But after he claimed himself it was time to leave Tottenham his form just dipped massively and those clubs never really thought of him seriously is my impression. Most of the biggest clubs didn't really show any interest in him and then Inter came and he chose to go there which was an awful choice for many reasons. Not to forget it seems like he's not a player Conte wants.

Tottenham was the perfect fit for him and I don't think he will ever be the same player again.
    Last edited by OnlyInsider; 07-10-2020, 15:54.

Comment

What? Why??? He used to be good, what happened to him?

He is still as good as it gets, it's just that as Only also said, he has nothing to do whatsoever with Conte's system because he doesn't deploy a CAM and generally Conte dislikes technically-skilled players, he prefers hard-workers like Gagliardini for his 3-5-2 lol and therefore Inter wanted to offload Eriksen at all costs

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post

He is still as good as it gets, it's just that as Only also said, he has nothing to do whatsoever with Conte's system because he doesn't deploy a CAM and generally Conte dislikes technically-skilled players, he prefers hard-workers like Gagliardini for his 3-5-2 lol and therefore Inter wanted to offload Eriksen at all costs
        Seriously? Pirlo and Pogba we're huge under Conte.

(I don't follow closely so I might be wrong).

Comment

Seriously? Pirlo and Pogba we're huge under Conte.

(I don't follow closely so I might be wrong).

That was in the beginning of his career, he was a really offensive-oriented coach who would deploy a 4-2-4 scheme, too, then gradually switched back to this 3-5-2 and after that away loss vs us in 2013 (2:0 in the first leg in Munich) he rapidly turned out to be a defensive-oriented coach who often likes to play with 5 defenders and defensive midfielders lol

Comment

That was in the beginning of his career, he was a really offensive-oriented coach who would deploy a 4-2-4 scheme, too, then gradually switched back to this 3-5-2 and after that away loss vs us in 2013 (2:0 in the first leg in Munich) he rapidly turned out to be a defensive-oriented coach who often likes to play with 5 defenders and defensive midfielders lol
            Interesting. I haven't followed him very closely. That Juve midfield was fantastic though. Pirlo-Pogba-Vidal-Marchisio

Comment

Why Inter then? Why would Conte ever approve such transfer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dominik Szoboszlai. That goal on Tuesday was very nice.
                As we are playing RB Salzburg twice, let's hope the board sees his potential.

Comment

• According to Sport Bild Szoboszlai is going to Leipzig for 20 mio + add ons + a not known % for Salzburg when Leipzig sells him.
                  Would've like it when we got him for those conditions.

Comment

• Will they really pay ? I mean, both clubs have the same owner

Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
                      Will they really pay ? I mean, both clubs have the same owner

Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk
                      It's money from the owner's left pocket to his right pocket.

Comment

• Good thing he's moving to Bundesliga, higher the chance we get him in the future if needed.

Comment

Working...
                        X