Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big tragedy of the situation is that the decisions made by Thiago and Alaba effectively closes our 2-3 year window to win another UCL title with this core.

Manuel Neuer will be 35, Robert Lewandowski 33 and Müller close to 32 years of age by the end of next season.

With Thiago and Alaba you can convince yourself that you can roll that team back until 2022/23 and win things on the international stage.

Without them you might as well focus on winning with a new core of players that has yet to emerge.

This might be the beginning of yet another rebuild. The treble as the end of the line instead of the beginning of a short window of dominance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazi View Post
      The big tragedy of the situation is that the decisions made by Thiago and Alaba effectively closes our 2-3 year window to win another UCL title with this core.

Manuel Neuer will be 35, Robert Lewandowski 33 and Müller close to 32 years of age by the end of next season.

With Thiago and Alaba you can convince yourself that you can roll that team back until 2022/23 and win things on the international stage.

Without them you might as well focus on winning with a new core of players that has yet to emerge.

This might be the beginning of yet another rebuild. The treble as the end of the line instead of the beginning of a short window of dominance.
      And that's exactly why it's irritating to say the least that we have to deal with those two and their contract situation right now when we in a perfect world we should only concentrate on building on to our dominance for the coming years.

Hopefully will these question marks regarding Alaba and Thiago soon be sorted out.

Comment

• If you were interested in a new challenge, wouldn't now be the PERFECT time to leave Bayern? That makes sense to me.

My question isn't "why do Thiago and Alaba want to leave?" It's "why doesn't Thomas Muller?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
          If you were interested in a new challenge, wouldn't now be the PERFECT time to leave Bayern? That makes sense to me.

My question isn't "why do Thiago and Alaba want to leave?" It's "why doesn't Thomas Muller?"
          He's not interested in a new challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wavy View Post

He's not interested in a new challenge.
            Except for the last few seasons when he's been linked with Manchester United? Didn't he state exactly that? Now's his opportunity! But I think Muller realized how good he had it even before the treble. Our recent success only proved him right. And now I think he'll probably see out the rest of his career here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

Except for the last few seasons when he's been linked with Manchester United? Didn't he state exactly that? Now's his opportunity! But I think Muller realized how good he had it even before the treble. Our recent success only proved him right. And now I think he'll probably see out the rest of his career here.
              It's a joke, Grey.

Comment

• Comment

• Kouassi will be back from injury in November so it's going to be like a new signing

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post

In other news... the sun is hot

Comment

Considering we are actively pursuing Dest that report sparked by Hoeneß' statements is already outdated.

Comment

Surprising the grand total of ZERO individuals

Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                          Kouassi will be back from injury in November so it's going to be like a new signing
                          Don't forget Coman when he joins the team

Comment

Don't forget Coman when he joins the team
                            We"ll probably re-sign Coman three times before November comes.

Comment

• Melvin Bard, Lyons 19 yo left back, whom we courted for some time, extended with Lyon.

Comment

• Speaking of Müller - he should end his contract here and become a "one club man". They're very rare in todays football, so I want him to stay until he's hanging up his boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X