Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a game by Pavard. I would really be tempted as Bayern coach to send Kimmich to DMF/doublepivot with Thiago and use Pavard as the main RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackroze View Post
      What a game by Pavard. I would really be tempted as Bayern coach to send Kimmich to DMF/doublepivot with Thiago and use Pavard as the main RB.
      Let's be honest, his opposition was utter dross. We have won one single competitive game since qualifying for the World Cup (against the mighty Andorra, excluding two friendlies against Indonesia), and have been playing terrible football for close to two years now. So sure, Pavard was very good, but it wasn't exactly a tough matchup

Comment

• 2nd highest rating for Pavard [L'Equipe]

Comment

• Originally posted by EliasKarl View Post
          Let's be honest, his opposition was utter dross. We have won one single competitive game since qualifying for the World Cup (against the mighty Andorra, excluding two friendlies against Indonesia), and have been playing terrible football for close to two years now. So sure, Pavard was very good, but it wasn't exactly a tough matchup
          Whoa nice to see you here after a long time! Welcome back, good sir!

Comment

• Comment

• Played 90 minutes in a 6-0 demolition by the hands of mighty Augsburg. Can anyone clarify how he has been performing club-wise this season? Stuttgart seem to be pretty pathetic, and might go down once again.

Comment

Played 90 minutes in a 6-0 demolition by the hands of mighty Augsburg. Can anyone clarify how he has been performing club-wise this season? Stuttgart seem to be pretty pathetic, and might go down once again.
                Stuttgart are shit, and to be honest i expected from Pavard to drop his level performance-wise after signing the pre-contract agreement. Exactly like Goretzka.

Comment

• Comment

• Unpopular opinion but he's pretty much nothing more but another Fabio Grosso

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                      Unpopular opinion but he's pretty much nothing more but another Fabio Grosso
                      So he'll be scoring in the 119th minute against Germany in a WC Semi final? And then scoring the last penalty in that same World Cup?

He'll be a God in France.

Pavard, what a guy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Effenbergfan View Post
                        So he'll be scoring in the 119th minute against Germany in a WC Semi final? And then scoring the last penalty in that same World Cup?

He'll be a God in France.

Pavard, what a guy!
                        ...and amount to pretty much nothing in club football though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                          Unpopular opinion but he's pretty much nothing more but another Fabio Grosso
                          I have the same worries, it wouldn't be the first time someone flops at club level after a great major tournament.

Can anyone give an honest assessment of his season at Stuttgart?

Comment

I have the same worries, it wouldn't be the first time someone flops at club level after a great major tournament.

Can anyone give an honest assessment of his season at Stuttgart?
                            I didn't follow him at Stuttgart, but I've watched him several times with France

He was very good, sometimes excellent. But I'm still not totally convinced of him being Bayern material, or being able to be a starter, especially with Kimmich being phenomenal at RB and Süle, Hernandez & even Hummels recently being better options as CBs

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                              I didn't follow him at Stuttgart, but I've watched him several times with France

He was very good, sometimes excellent. But I'm still not totally convinced of him being Bayern material, or being able to be a starter, especially with Kimmich being phenomenal at RB and Süle, Hernandez & even Hummels recently being better options as CBs
                              He did have a very good World Cup, but as I said, he wouldn't be the first one to have a good major tournament and then flop after a big move on the club level. Some players are also well known for turning up with their NTs and disappearing at club level, Podolski e.g.

I guess I am just not totally sold on this transfer, but I hope I am proven wrong.

Comment

• Pavard was exceptional for Stuttgart in 17/18 season and he followed up his club performance with a great World Cup...unfortunately he had a poor 18/19 season for Stuttgart...

Comment

Working...
                                X