This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy5Rings View Post
    shirt sales are a gigantic driver in shirt deals* which are a gigantic revenue stream for clubs

Clarified
    In light of our previous clarification of shirt deals being part of a larger driving force in brand sponsorship, I can get behind that. I'll only put the caveat that on-field success is probably much more important, but I agree that shirt sales are important for this purpose as well. That's really why clubs are willing to give 90% of the shit sale proceeds to adidas/nike anyway, because otherwise that profit sharing wouldn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
      In light of our previous clarification of shirt deals being part of a larger driving force in brand sponsorship, I can get behind that. I'll only put the caveat that on-field success is probably much more important, but I agree that shirt sales are important for this purpose as well. That's really why clubs are willing to give 90% of the shit sale proceeds to adidas/nike anyway, because otherwise that profit sharing wouldn't make any sense.
      It's nothing but a gigantic cash injection into clubs along with tv deals. People want to see their favorite clubs and tell people they're fans of that club whilst supporting. Companies like Adidas pay to distribute a bunch of Bayern gear but buying players like James increase the value of the Bayern brand via an introduction to the Colombian market.

Its not feasible to go out and purchase every single star to attract the highest possible fees for you licensing but from a "business perspective" the investment a James represents is so much greater than that of Neymar because Bayern don't have to spend much of their revenue on his fee's while he represents a mini explosion in the Bayern brand in south America and globally really.

Comment

Clubs get very little from shirt sales. Most goes to the kit sponsor, Nike, Adidas, Puma, Reebok, etc.

That said, Barca's sponsor is Nike and they'd want us to have a potential superstar after Neymar left.

Dembele is sponsored by Nike. No Nike superstar might mean Barca being in a worse negotiating position for a renewed deal with them.

Neymar for sure played a part in us getting the record deal recently.

I'm pretty sure Adidas would try to help Bayern as much as they can if Bayern decided to go for Pogba or Bale. Not by paying a transfer fee, but perhaps helping in paying some salary bonuses, or Bayern can ask to renegotiate their kit sponsorship deal having a marquee signing sponsored by them in the team.

If Mbappe and Dembele both reach their potential, it could be a potential goldmine for Nike, which is something they really need when the dabbing/money machine Pogba signed with Adidas.
        Last edited by DonAK; 25-08-2017, 22:55.

Comment

congrates for you 100 mil average player signing, you haven't been robbed by BVB. not at all .. lol

the 34 years old Ribery says hi

Comment

Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
            congrates for you 100 mil average player signing, you haven't been robbed by BVB. not at all .. lol
            They still could sell him 5 years later for > 100 mil like Neymar thou. They lose nothing and still get a player better than Coman.

Comment

Originally posted by bastian07 View Post
              They still could sell him 5 years later for > 100 mil like Neymar thou. They lose nothing and still get a player better than Coman.
              If he plays well maybe, if doesn't. no.

Comment

I don't understand why in every discussion about Dembele, Coman is brought in it

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                  I don't understand why in every discussion about Dembele, Coman is brought in it
                  B/c Dembele looked like the young Messi while Coman looked like the young stepover Ronaldo.

Comment

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum...topic=336344.0

Comment

Comment

that's why you don't skip training

Comment

https://tribuna.com/fcbarcelona/en/news/2295011/

Good we didn't sign him to do keepy ups on the field. What would we have done then!

Comment

Looks like Philippe Coutinho is set to be a FC Barcelona player very soon unless there's some last minute twist.

Comment

Originally posted by DonAK View Post
                              Looks like Philippe Coutinho is set to be a FC Barcelona player very soon unless there's some last minute twist.
                              150 million quid for Coutinho is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by RJNair View Post
                                150 million quid for Coutinho is ridiculous.
                                not as ridiculous as 145 for Dembele

Comment

Working...
                                X