X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
    Meh. Fan hate is the most volatile thing there is. I mean, look at Gotze, he was hated by BvB fans, once he came back he was cheered on. Schickeria hated Neuer, now they love him.
    I can tell you this much. If we sign Neymar, I boycott Bayern. And I won't be the only one. There's a gulf of difference between Neuer, who was hated for being a rival but was a consummate professional, and Neymar, who is hated for being a swamp rat.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    That says he's not hated globally by corporations. I'm saying he's hated globally by Bayern fans, and the types of people Bayern specifically market to. You're talking past me.
    Meh. Fan hate is the most volatile thing there is. I mean, look at Gotze, he was hated by BvB fans, once he came back he was cheered on. Schickeria hated Neuer, now they love him.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    He's still earns the third biggest amount (17 million) between footballers of endorsements (Cristiano 47m, Messi 27), that has to say he's not really hated globally.

Bayern is also in the business of winning, and Neymar is a winner. /s

Realistically, on a sponsorship point it wouldn't be the best deal because he's a Nike player. So, Adidas wouldn't benefit much from him.
    That says he's not hated globally by corporations. I'm saying he's hated globally by Bayern fans, and the types of people Bayern specifically market to. You're talking past me.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    So because he can sell shoes and sports drinks that means that Bayern, who don't sell shoes or sports drinks, benefits?

"It's not!"

*proceeds to list Jamaica and Lebanon, who combined equal a whopping 9m in population*

L4nd3r, I'm talking about REAL markets. Brazil is a real market, but so is England, the US, France, even China. Brazil is, for all intents and purposes, the only real market that supports Brazil. The fact that you can find some microstate in which 6 people throw an impromptu get-together doesn't even remotely change this fact.
    He's still earns the third biggest amount (17 million) between footballers of endorsements (Cristiano 47m, Messi 27), that has to say he's not really hated globally.

Bayern is also in the business of winning, and Neymar is a winner. /s

Realistically, on a sponsorship point it wouldn't be the best deal because he's a Nike player. So, Adidas wouldn't benefit much from him.
    Last edited by L4nd3r; 04-07-2018, 18:33.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Totally off topic, but I listened to a great NPR documentary done by a Lebanese-American seeking to answer the question (which I never knew existed) of why Lebanese immigrants are so damn successful. Apparently people of Lebanese heritage can be found in the top richest people of most countries in the world. Really fascinating look into some of the shared international bonds between the ex-pat communities that outsiders like me don't really see.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Lebanon i kinda get it, lots of immigrants from there
    Not really
    Lebanese people are split, and you can see fans of several National teams

Here is for example some fans of the German NT:

You can also see fans of Italy, Spain, France & England
    But the 2 biggest fanbases are the German NT fans and the Brazilian NT fans

People also put the flag of their favorite NT on their cars, buildings etc ... you can check here

But this year it crossed the border ...

World Cup spat turns deadly in Lebanon as fan killed after Germany match

No wonder we are a third world country (in fact we are a tenth world country)

Leave a comment:

• LookAtTheTime
    replied
    I've witnessed things like that video in Lebanon first hand when I was there in 2010. They don't only do it for Brazil though, people celebrate other countries like Germany, France, or Spain in the same way.

It's what happens when your country isn't in it I guess

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Real life is not reddit. As proven by the amount he earns in endorsement deals.
    So because he can sell shoes and sports drinks that means that Bayern, who don't sell shoes or sports drinks, benefits?

Is not. For some weird reason, Jamaica and Lebanon also loves Brazil (Lebanon i kinda get it, lots of immigrants from there).
    "It's not!"

*proceeds to list Jamaica and Lebanon, who combined equal a whopping 9m in population*

L4nd3r, I'm talking about REAL markets. Brazil is a real market, but so is England, the US, France, even China. Brazil is, for all intents and purposes, the only real market that supports Brazil. The fact that you can find some microstate in which 6 people throw an impromptu get-together doesn't even remotely change this fact.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
    And it's all he is. You didn't see people treat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Romário that way, even though all had dubious character.
    I mean, they weren't exactly cry babies, but they all got joked for other things. Not to forget that those players haven't played during the social media era.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post
    Oh boy, I was aware of all the troubles caused by his dad with the clubs he dealt with but didn't know the full details and I didn't think too much about it because yeah, never even expected him to come to Bayern in the first place haha and I did see his behaviour on the pitch but eventually decided not to make a big deal out of it because, yeah, other teams' fans also make fun of Robben's dives on the field, too. But it definitely looks too much to me, I was already fed up with Ribéry back in 2009 lol definitely do not want that kind of characters in Munich haha thank you for the explanation!
    His father is a 'first class' crook. He handles all the business side of Neymar since he was 12 (he pretty much forced Santos to pay Neymar before they legally could or he would take him to another team), fucked Santos on his transfer to Barcelona (took the hidden 40 million Euros), forced the transfer to P$G. And Neymar just follows him blindly, i would bet if his Father told him to eat feces he would.

Not to forget the tax evasion.

Leave a comment:

• FernandoBR
    replied
    Is not. For some weird reason, Jamaica and Lebanon also loves Brazil (Lebanon i kinda get it, lots of immigrants from there).

You would think these celebrations were in Brazil, but they aren't.

What in the actual fuck

Leave a comment:

• FernandoBR
    replied
    He's a joke but he's OUR joke.
    And it's all he is. You didn't see people treat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Romário that way, even though all had dubious character.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Just so you know, that were several stores in Brazil doing sales/promotion saying that their "Prices Neymared" instead of Prices Dropped...

Several bars offered free drinks everytime Neymar fall to the groud during games.

The guy here is nothing but a joke to a lot of people
    He's a joke but he's OUR joke.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    I really don't think it's a generalization to say that the Brazil NT's greatest (and only) fandom is *gasp* Brazil

You would think these celebrations were in Brazil, but they aren't.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Just so you know, that were several stores in Brazil doing sales/promotion saying that their "Prices Neymared" instead of Prices Dropped...

Several bars offered free drinks everytime Neymar fall to the groud during games.

The guy here is nothing but a joke to a lot of people
    I bet that those bars didn't last long

Leave a comment:

Working...
X