This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
    I mean, Kahn had a terrible blunder in a World Cup final.

No saying that Ulreich is an elite level goalie (he isn't), but shitty happens, Tolisso is as much to blame for that mistake.
    I would compare those two blunders if Kahn hesitated to save the shot or let it in, but he was sure about saving it but he miscalculated. ( also I think his hand was injured IIRC, but that is irrelevant to my argument)

So with that being said, Ulreich's blunder stays up there as the worst blunder I have ever seen in the German football., considering its time and place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
      I would compare those two blunders if Kahn hesitated to save the shot or let it in, but he was sure about saving it but he miscalculated. ( also I think his hand was injured IIRC, but that is irrelevant to my argument)

So with that being said, Ulreich's blunder stays up there as the worst blunder I have ever seen in the German football., considering its time and place.
      That's fair, my point is that this mistake shouldn"t define his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
        Don't really see the problem with Tolisso's back-pass. TBH, I think we're re-writing history here trying to take the blame off of Ulreich. It's was an unequivocal goalkeeping error.
        He had no business making that back pass to a goalkeeper not named Neuer.

Comment

He had no business making that back pass to a goalkeeper not named Neuer.
          Again, the fact that Ulreich had time for a nice chat with his mom over the phone is de facto proof that Tolisso’s pass was a non-issue. You’re just repeating how bad a pass it is, when the mere fact that Ulreich had an eternity on the ball shows quite clearly that it was an acceptable pass. If it were a poor pass, Ulreich wouldn’t have had time for his infamous hesitation.

Comment

I mean, Kahn had a terrible blunder in a World Cup final.

No saying that Ulreich is an elite level goalie (he isn't), but shitty happens, Tolisso is as much to blame for that mistake.
            That's exactly what i'm saying!

Kahn's mistake is something that could happen to any goalkeeper.

Ulreich's has to do with the mind.....it was unacceptable not to be able to decide if you kick the ball or if you catch it.
            Not in this level....not in any level!

Comment

• Sure, one might argue that Tolisso's pass wasn't the best, but that's not an issue because had Ulreich acted faster and not hesitated, he could've easily cleared the ball.

Comment

• Yeah, that was a terrible ball by Tolisso and a brainfart by Ulreich. Both share the blame tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by micky View Post

Sure, one might argue that Tolisso's pass wasn't the best, but that's not an issue because had Ulreich acted faster and not hesitated, he could've easily cleared the ball.
                  I have no position in this debate but the bolded part made me consider that you'd expect the most expensive player in Bayern's history (up to that point) to actually deliver a somewhat safe pass to his back-up goalkeeper. Definitely terrible timing by Ulreich but if you see Benzema, a striker who masters pressing the opponent in such situation, it's not really a clever idea either to pass that ball in that fashion.

Comment

• The problem was with Ulreich's brain and not with Tolisso's back pass
                    He could've easily cleared the ball

But he is still a very good backup GK for me. The problem is that Neuer is being frequently injured nowadays and Ulreich is starting in a lot of important games

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                      The problem was with Ulreich's brain and not with Tolisso's back pass
                      He could've easily cleared the ball

But he is still a very good backup GK for me. The problem is that Neuer is being frequently injured nowadays and Ulreich is starting in a lot of important games
                      Come on mate....that's contradictive.

If he was very good, that wouldn't be a problem!

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
                        Come on mate....that's contradictive.

If he was very good, that wouldn't be a problem!
                        Ulreich was good. I remember him saving our asses many times in 17/18. He completely fucked up by that fail in Madrid, but he was useful that season.

Comment

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                          Ulreich was good. I remember him saving our asses many times in 17/18. He completely fucked up by that fail in Madrid, but he was useful that season.
                          Good is not enough to be the 2nd tier goalkeeper in Bayern Munchen!

Comment

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                            Exactly what I've been saying. He made a huge fuckup against Madrid and Wolfsburg but other than that he had a lot of solid performances throughout the year and definitely kept us in many games

Comment

To be fair we've had a lot of average/mediocre backup keepers. Pepe Reina (who I forget ever even joined us) and maybe Hans-Jörg Butt are the only exceptions. The rest have been kinda average

Comment

There are no GK's that would join Bayern to play less than 10 games in one season. Ulreich is good enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X