No announcement yet.

Discussion - The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neymar is supposed to be the new Ballon d'Or winner and Messi/Ronaldo's successor 6 years ago..
    But 32 y.o Luka wins it in 2018. Damn, i love football so much.

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
      Neymar is supposed to be the new Ballon d'Or winner and Messi/Ronaldo's successor 6 years ago..
      Except Modric didn't won the Balloon d'Or

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
        Except Modric didn't won the Balloon d'Or
        He's going to.

Jorge Mendes on Modric winning UEFA Player of the Year: “It’s a scandal; Cristiano should have won that.”

Damn what a jerk

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
          Except he's not going to. Ribery also won the European award and came 3rd in the Ballon d'Or/FIFA best player.

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
          I thought these trophies are not about titles since Ronaldo has won it in 2013

But Luka deserves it that's for sure ... He will hopefully win the ballon d'or too
          It is about titles plus goals scored. Cristiano had the same amount of total goals as Salah, finished as Champions League goalscorer, had 4 goals in the WC, Modric doesn't have the pull to gain a lot of votes from other National Teams.

I would be really surprised if Cristiano doesn't win it.
          Last edited by L4nd3r; 30-08-2018, 19:46.

Comment

Ribery played for Bayern. Not for Real Madrid.

Comment

Still don't agree with Ribery winning that award. Wasn't even the best player on Bayern, nor even the best Ribery.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                Still don't agree with Ribery winning that award. Wasn't even the best player on Bayern, nor even the best Ribery.
                Kicker (and i) disagree with you. Kicker graded Ribery's 2012-13 season a 2,10 rating (Bundesliga, 2,68 in UCL).

He didn't scored as much, but he provided so many key passes and assists.

He was the most consistent player in the team, he fully deserved that award.

Edit:

Just to clarify, if Robben had won it wouldn't be fully undeserving, but Robben only managed to play in 16 matches in the Bundesliga.
                Last edited by L4nd3r; 30-08-2018, 23:14.

Comment

For UEFA Standards, Müller should've deserved that award given he scored against every single opponent we had come across during that CL campaign (BVB aside). Or Robben for showing up from QF on lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                    For UEFA Standards, Müller should've deserved that award given he scored against every single opponent we had come across during that CL campaign (BVB aside). Or Robben for showing up from QF on lol.
                    Since it's journalists who are voting they do look for more than goals. Iniesta also won it.

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                      Since it's journalists who are voting they do look for more than goals. Iniesta also won it.
                      Ah no sorry I misread that - thought you were talking about UEFA award. Well yeah, I stand by that though. Müller was instrumental that season though. He was our CR7 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                        Ah no sorry I misread that - thought you were talking about UEFA award. Well yeah, I stand by that though. Müller was instrumental that season though. He was our CR7 lol.
                        In terms of scoring in the Champions League yeah. But man... Ribery was a fucking beast in the Bundesliga. I don't think i ever saw Kicker grade someone for the season in the really lows 2 (while playing 25+ matches).

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                          Kicker (and i) disagree with you. Kicker graded Ribery's 2012-13 season a 2,10 rating (Bundesliga, 2,68 in UCL).

He didn't scored as much, but he provided so many key passes and assists.

He was the most consistent player in the team, he fully deserved that award.

Edit:

Just to clarify, if Robben had won it wouldn't be fully undeserving, but Robben only managed to play in 16 matches in the Bundesliga.
                          Oh I've had this debate a hundred times already, no interest in repeating it, suffice to say that I'm not the only one who thought Schweinsteiger was superior.

Ribery was more effective at creating plays and registering assists in 2011-12, and you can find my posts from way-back-when showing me saying exactly that for 5 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                            Oh I've had this debate a hundred times already, no interest in repeating it, suffice to say that I'm not the only one who thought Schweinsteiger was superior.

Ribery was more effective at creating plays and registering assists in 2011-12, and you can find my posts from way-back-when showing me saying exactly that for 5 years now.
                            Oh. Schweini was huge, but he suffered the Xavi treatment.

Comment

Seriously? [emoji38]

Poslano sa mog HUAWEI SCL-L21 koristeći Tapatalk

Comment

"Cristiano is an egoist and i'd never want him in my team!" Croatia manager Zlatko Dalić on Cristiano being snubbed over the UEFA POTY award

Comment

Working...
                                X