No announcement yet.

Discussion - The Best FIFA Football Awards 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courtois wins the FIFA award for the best GK, but DDG is in the FIFPro World's Best XI. Damn, FIFA, smart move.

Comment

December 2017: Jermain Defoe beats Mohamed Salah to EPL Goal of the month
      September 2018: Mohamed Salah wins the Puskas Award for the same goal

Comment

I respect everybody's opinion. But there is no way that Modric was even close to being the best in the world for Uefa or either FIFA.
        This is pure banter BS.

Comment

Modric is a brilliant player.
          But if the award has got to go to the best than I think he shouldn't get it.

Then Sneyder in 2010 and Ribs in 2013 should've gotten the award as well.

Comment

Luka Modric is the 2018 Balón d'Or winner. Cristiano, second, will not attend the Gala next Monday in Paris while Griezmann, third, is not sure to attend as well. [SKY Italia]

Seems like not-attending awards for the best player became a tradition in the football. It's stupid and disrespectful, IMO.

Comment

be honest...this year..most difficult ever...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn POCOPHONE F1 met Tapatalk

Comment

But I'm glad he ended Ronaldo/Messi streak
                Last edited by mea95; 04-12-2018, 12:51.

Comment

Who really deserved it more than Modric? No one. Messi and Ronaldo were shit at the World Cup and Champions League too while Modric carried Croatia to the World Cup final.

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                    Who really deserved it more than Modric? No one. Messi and Ronaldo were shit at the World Cup and Champions League too while Modric carried Croatia to the World Cup final.
                    Then why not Griezmann who won the EL and the WC?

Comment

He does the fortnite dance.

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                        Then why not Griezmann who won the EL and the WC?
                        Why not Varane or Luca Hernandez? Griezmann wasn't even the best France player at the World Cup.

Comment

Why not Varane or Luca Hernandez? Griezmann wasn't even the best France player at the World Cup.
                          That was my point

Varane could've also been the winner instead of Modric (won the CL & the WC)

I'm answering your question 'who deserves it more than Modric who carried Croatia to the WC final?'

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                            That was my point

Varane could've also been the winner instead of Modric (won the CL & the WC)

I'm answering your question 'who deserves it more than Modric who carried Croatia to the WC final?'

Sent from my INE-LX1 using Tapatalk
                            France had a team full of world class players, while Croatia had only Modric who gave everything and won the award for the best World Cup player. I think that is the reason he won the Ballon d'Or.

Comment

Croatia had only Modric
                              Mandzukic, Perisic, Rakitic, Brozovic, Vrsjalko ... are also great players

France > Croatia there is no doubt about it but Croatia have also world class players

Comment

I think Croatia's road to the final was more impressive. First the annihilating of Argentina, then 3 very hard but overall deserved victory in the elimination stage. France was a well-working machine but they were boring to watch except in the last of 16 and the final. Also Griezmann wasn't their main star in the way Modric was for Croatia.

Comment

Working...
                                X