replied
    Top three nominees:

Luka Modric
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Mohamed Salah

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    For me Modric simply has to win it. He was outstanding, but he always is.

But we all know Ronaldo will win it, because of marketing/popularity.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    No need to mention what Modric or others have done to deserve it

It's a popularity contest, and that's how it works with this award

Sneijder won the treble and took Netherlands to the WC final in 2010 but Messi won it
    Ribery won the treble with Bayern (5 titles to be more precise) but still Ronaldo won it in 2013 while winning 0 trophies with Madrid

and so on ...

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
    That's now these things works in these kinda of prizes these days. I wouldn't bet on Modric winning. If you aren't scoring 50+ goals, then you need to win the World Cup and other titles too while also providing a decent amount of goals and assists and being really important on them.

Edit:
    Also, him winning the title the third title time in a row is a pretty irrelevant detail, IMO.
    Modric was the best player for Madrid in Champions League last season and he was the best player at the World Cup. He carried small country like Croatia to the World Cup final. That's enough to give him that award. No one deserved it more.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by EM1R View Post
    What? Then give that award to Varane. Modric carried Madrid to third CL in a row, then brought Croatia to a World Cup final. He was key player for them and the best player at whole tournament.
    That's now these things works in these kinda of prizes these days. I wouldn't bet on Modric winning. If you aren't scoring 50+ goals, then you need to win the World Cup and other titles too while also providing a decent amount of goals and assists and being really important on them.

Edit:
    Also, him winning the title the third title time in a row is a pretty irrelevant detail, IMO.
    Last edited by L4nd3r; 31-07-2018, 08:17.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
    Nah. Needed the World Cup to even have a chance.
    What? Then give that award to Varane. Modric carried Madrid to third CL in a row, then brought Croatia to a World Cup final. He was key player for them and the best player at whole tournament.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by A.M.L.N. View Post
    If Modric doesn't win it will be the worst injustice since Sneijder in 2010 and a proof that award is just a popularity contest
    Nah. Needed the World Cup to even have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• A.M.L.N.
    replied
    If Modric doesn't win it will be the worst injustice since Sneijder in 2010 and a proof that award is just a popularity contest

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by Effenbergfan View Post
    So they will give it to someone else.
    And they're nothing but blind and retarded

Leave a comment:

• Effenbergfan
    replied
    Modric deserves to win it more than Cristiano and everybody else. FIFA is fucking retarded if they give it to someone else.
    So they will give it to someone else.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by mea95 View Post
    I also hope for Salah & Dalic, but sadly Ronaldo will win it

One of Modric/Mbappé comes in the 2nd place for me
    Modric deserves to win it more than Cristiano and everybody else. FIFA is fucking retarded if they give it to someone else.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    I also hope for Salah & Dalic, but sadly Ronaldo will win it

One of Modric/Mbappé comes in the 2nd place for me

Leave a comment:

• Sakujo
    replied
    Salah & Dalic for me. but I don't think Salah will win it.
    so realistically I hope Modric wins it.

Leave a comment:

• FernandoBR
    replied
    But he won nothing, Tottenham got knocked out by Juventus in Round of 16 and they've lost in a FA Cup final. Varane, for example, was nothing special but he won 2 biggest trophies in one year.
    Varane plays at Real Madrid. Kane plays at Tottenham. Big bifference.

If LewanCHOKEski played at Tottenham he wouldn't scored half the amount of goals [emoji946]️ did

Leave a comment:

Working...
X