Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really looking forward to the last matchday of the group stage. It would be funny if by some unbelievable stroke of luck or skill Liverpool went out of the competition. Can't imagine Napoli not winning their game.

And of course to Bayern winning again so we could be the only team in the group stage with the maximum amount of points. Herr Flick, lead us to glory!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post

I wonder what is your opinion on Cilessen, after you have been watching him at Barcelona? I just switched on Valencia vs Chelsea game and he probably should do better with the Kovacic goal and I remember him well from 2014 World Cup, back then I was so impressed with him I was thinking he would grow to be one of the worlds best keepers (I mean top 5 or so), maybe even #1. And I thought Barca have done a very good deal when signing him. Guess I was overrating his 2014 World Cup spell a little?

BTW that Chelsea kid Kepa deffo looks overrated to me
      Cillessen was very good for us, but he also only played the Copa del Rey bar the odd League game here and there.

Because of his great performances in a limited amount of games, our fanbase started hyping him up and thought we would be able to get 50m+ for him, which obviously was never realistic.

He's a good GK, but with his age being 30 and him not having a spectacular season before, it was a long shot and unlikely he would ever transform into a great GK.

I would be wary of rating GKs based on WCs or Continental Tournaments tbh. I'm sure you know of the Mexican GK Ochoa? He was outstanding in the 2014 WC and really good in 2018 again. But apart from those two WCs he's always been a very average GK.

I agree with you when it comes to Kepa. I rated him highly, but he's been underwhelming for the most part.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonAK View Post

Cillessen was very good for us, but he also only played the Copa del Rey bar the odd League game here and there.

Because of his great performances in a limited amount of games, our fanbase started hyping him up and thought we would be able to get 50m+ for him, which obviously was never realistic.

He's a good GK, but with his age being 30 and him not having a spectacular season before, it was a long shot and unlikely he would ever transform into a great GK.

I would be wary of rating GKs based on WCs or Continental Tournaments tbh. I'm sure you know of the Mexican GK Ochoa? He was outstanding in the 2014 WC and really good in 2018 again. But apart from those two WCs he's always been a very average GK.

I agree with you when it comes to Kepa. I rated him highly, but he's been underwhelming for the most part.
        Thanks for the reply. I remember seeing Cillessen when he was playing for Ajax too, and I thought he was very impressive, it's just I saw very few of his games in Barcelona shirt and he wasn't as convincing as I thought he would be. I thought he would eventually become the first choice but I guess Ter Stegen just got the better of him. Anyway thanks for your evaluation. And I agree with what you say about tournaments, they are a completely different kind of animal to the league (when only consistency can win you the title and you can't fluke it), sometimes even a mediocre player, on any position really, not only a goalkeeper, can appear better than he is if he plays a key role in a couple of important games.

As a side note, just watched the Real Mierda vs PSG highlights. Seems like they still have the refs in their pocket. Calling off the PSG penalty and what should be a red card, thanks to Marcelo's skillful dive which was VARed as foul Disgusting When I see something like this I think maybe Grey was right when we argued pro/against VAR weeks ago against. Whenever there are people involved in the decision making process, there will be always opportunity to exploit the situation and bend the justice, as needed.
        Last edited by Chucky; 28-11-2019, 01:40.

Comment

• If Benzema or anyone else is going to end up in UEFA's Best XI of 2019 instead of Lewandowski i think i'll lose the already small dose of respect i have for them.

Comment

• My team of the year.

Comment

• Will be nice having Leicester back in CL again. One of the very few likeable PL teams.

Comment

• Dortmund has to win and hope Barcelona doesn't lose to Inter tonight. They're playing without Messi, Pique, Arthur and other starters..

Comment

• I'm watching Soft drink Salzburg vs Liverpool and it saddens me that even thought RBS have considerably worse players than Bayern, they still would most likely beat us.

Comment

• Ajax failing to qualify... That game against Chelsea really biting them in the ass ...

How can you blow a 4x0 lead ? ‍♂️

Hope that means EtH to Bayern in the winter

Comment

• Dortmund are through with the help from Barcelona. Nice.

Comment

• Nice evening for us who loves German football.

Comment

• Very poor game from Ajax and ETH. They played like boys on their own turf. Call me fickle but as much as I liked ETH and what he had achieved with Ajax last season, now I'm not so convinced about him. Ajax were banging their head against the Valencia wall all 90 minutes, had no plan B whatsoever, just million hopeless crosses into the box like we did under Kovac. And it's not like Valencia played out of their skin, they had like one chance which was converted, and then defended for the rest of the match. Players had a shit attitude too, lots of throwing hands, heads shaking, even the guy who did the commentary said the young Ajax team played like old men. Poor from the players, poor from the manager.

But if ETH agrees to come here in few weeks, I'm willing to forget all about it

We just need a change, pronto. The real manager, not a wannabe who's learning the craft.

Comment

• So potential opponents for now: Real Madrid, Napoli, Lyon, Chelsea. Not too weak. Atletico probably also joins the club, with Sahtar Doneck quite likely. We need to get our shit together until February.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              Very poor game from Ajax and ETH. They played like boys on their own turf. Call me fickle but as much as I liked ETH and what he had achieved with Ajax last season, now I'm not so convinced about him. Ajax were banging their head against the Valencia wall all 90 minutes, had no plan B whatsoever, just million hopeless crosses into the box like we did under Kovac. And it's not like Valencia played out of their skin, they had like one chance which was converted, and then defended for the rest of the match. Players had a shit attitude too, lots of throwing hands, heads shaking, even the guy who did the commentary said the young Ajax team played like old men. Poor from the players, poor from the manager.

But if ETH agrees to come here in few weeks, I'm willing to forget all about it

We just need a change, pronto. The real manager, not a wannabe who's learning the craft.

Let's see how they're gonna fare in the EL, in the spring it's easier to judge him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
                                Ajax failing to qualify... That game against Chelsea really biting them in the ass ...

How can you blow a 4x0 lead ? ‍♂️

Hope that means EtH to Bayern in the winter
                                They got 2 red cards though didn't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X