English Football 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Pep Form Syndrome

This is a condition that can be observed in every single career moment of Pep Guardiola. After two or three really good seasons, the team drops in form and can’t win easy games.

The team can be seen trying to pass the ball into the net, the formations at times don’t make sense, and team lacks overall objectivity. The players end up getting extremely frustrated, and the form keeps on getting worse.

One of the symptoms can also be observed in Pep’s press conferences, where he will say something like “if I had Messi, things would be different”.

Comment

City with that squad and they lose home 2-0 against Wolves....

This will be probably Pep's last season with City. They running out of gas and energy. Its classic Pep syndrome. The intensity of his football and trying to overcomplicate things is sucking the energy out of his teams in his third season. Same will probably happen with City.

Comment

Wolves are City’s bestia negra

Comment

I'm enjoying every second of Pep fucking things up, especially after what he did in the Sane saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post
            City with that squad and they lose home 2-0 against Wolves....

This will be probably Pep's last season with City. They running out of gas and energy. Its classic Pep syndrome. The intensity of his football and trying to overcomplicate things is sucking the energy out of his teams in his third season. Same will probably happen with City.
            Don't think so. He signed an extension.

Comment

I think Pep has come to terms with the fact that he cannot win the treble, at least not while playing in the EPL and their 1000 games per season. It looks like he is focusing to win the CL, and I'm pretty sure he will win it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                He just dislocated it. Lucky as fuck.
                Confirmed out til January. NEVER DOUBT ME AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                  Confirmed out til January. NEVER DOUBT ME AGAIN.
                  I wasn't disagreeing with you, just adding that he didn't broke his arm. Could've been much worse.
                  Last edited by L4nd3r; 08-10-2019, 04:37. Reason: lol, what a typo

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                    I was disagreeing with you, just adding that he didn't broke his arm. Could've been much worse.
                    I know, I'm being mostly dumb.

Comment

Wonder if Pool are going to choke it again

Comment

Originally posted by rohr View Post
                        Late Pep Form Syndrome

This is a condition that can be observed in every single career moment of Pep Guardiola. After two or three really good seasons, the team drops in form and can’t win easy games.

The team can be seen trying to pass the ball into the net, the formations at times don’t make sense, and team lacks overall objectivity. The players end up getting extremely frustrated, and the form keeps on getting worse.

One of the symptoms can also be observed in Pep’s press conferences, where he will say something like “if I had Messi, things would be different”.
                        This is so true it hurts. I still remember us trying to lull the opponents (and supporters) to sleep by Pep's passing ordeal. Top manager, but so damn stubborn.

Funny, that slump after 2 or 3 good season is something he and his once archrival Jose have in common. Mourinho burns our faster and in much more spectacular fashion but yeah, it's a case of "You and I are very much alike" (imagine Moaninho speaking that in a cartoon villain's voice)

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                          Wonder if Pool are going to choke it again
                          I'm afraid it might be their season... They might actually win their first title in Premier League history (funny that a team like Leicester managed to do that sooner that them, lol)
                          It would probably be the the funniest thing ever in football if they slipped again

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                            I'm afraid it might be their season... They might actually win their first title in Premier League history (funny that a team like Leicester managed to do that sooner that them, lol)

It would probably be the the funniest thing ever in football if they slipped again
                            I see what you did there... LoL

Comment

Unlike most of the members here, I want Liverpool to win the title

I like Klopp, Salah & Mané, and I really want to see them lifting that trophy

Comment

Marcus Rashford won Manchester United's Goal of the Month award for September.

It was their only goal in September, and it was a penalty.

Comment

Working...
                                X