X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post

I don't really see either team as having weak spots, not insofar as their ability to compete toe-to-toe with Bayern. Where they are lacking isn't in any particular "spot" but rather in depth and specifically in the consistency necessary to outperform Bayern over 34 games. Which goes to the point I am about to make that consistency in the league among the team overall (not any individual player) is the singlemost important factor in league dominance. As far as the BD is concerned, I find the proximate connection between Lewa not winning a hypothetical award and BVB dropping the ball against Union Berlin in a league game (compeltely unrelated to either Lewa or Bayern) to be extremely tenuous at best. Either league results are indeed important and a Lewa should be rewarded for his and Bayern's standout consistency, or the league isn't a big deal compared to the CL and comparative lack of competitiveness doesn't matter. What you're arguing is on its very surface contradictory. On the one hand, Lewa's results in the league shouldn't count because the league didn't end close, where on the other hand you argue that the league doesnt matter and the CL is the most important. I see this, frankly, as just another western European attempt to backpedal into yet another reason why a player in the German league shouldn't win it. Y'all will always come up with a reason, no matter how inherently inconsistent it is!

Also Mbappe > Neymar
    He’s also probably happy there’s no Ballon this year bc Messi wasn’t winning it regardless.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by DonAK View Post
    Unfortunately the rest of the teams just fell off due to lack of depth and you went on a crazy run, although Leipzig and Dortmund are promising for the next season if they can improve their weak spots.
    I don't really see either team as having weak spots, not insofar as their ability to compete toe-to-toe with Bayern. Where they are lacking isn't in any particular "spot" but rather in depth and specifically in the consistency necessary to outperform Bayern over 34 games. Which goes to the point I am about to make that consistency in the league among the team overall (not any individual player) is the singlemost important factor in league dominance. As far as the BD is concerned, I find the proximate connection between Lewa not winning a hypothetical award and BVB dropping the ball against Union Berlin in a league game (compeltely unrelated to either Lewa or Bayern) to be extremely tenuous at best. Either league results are indeed important and a Lewa should be rewarded for his and Bayern's standout consistency, or the league isn't a big deal compared to the CL and comparative lack of competitiveness doesn't matter. What you're arguing is on its very surface contradictory. On the one hand, Lewa's results in the league shouldn't count because the league didn't end close, where on the other hand you argue that the league doesnt matter and the CL is the most important. I see this, frankly, as just another western European attempt to backpedal into yet another reason why a player in the German league shouldn't win it. Y'all will always come up with a reason, no matter how inherently inconsistent it is!

Also Mbappe > Neymar

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    you guys have no competition whatsoever domestically similarly to Ligue 1 (what is it now, 7 in a row?)
    Serie A have been a more competitive league this season than the BuLi.
    Juventus have won it 8 years in a row, and they are going to win their 9th consecutive title this season.
    BuLi has been competitive last season for example (it was decided in the last matchday), so what's the point?

your players are more reliant on doing well in the CL to win individual trophies.
    Lewa is the top scorer of the CL. He was also doing great. For example, he was MoTM against Chelsea with a goal and 2 assists.

He definitely deserves it this season, even if Bayern don't win the CL

Leave a comment:

• DonAK
    replied
    Originally posted by Muller25 View Post

Competition has absolutely nothing to do with how good a player or a team is. Bayern can control themselves and their players. They cant control every other team in Germany. Your point is falling hugely short.
    Just saying that it's probably how the voters see it. Even then an individual season like this might not be enough. Suarez had 40 goals and 16 assists in 35 league games in 2015/16. 8 goals and 3 assists in 9 CL games that very same season. Barca won a domestic double and he came on like 5th place, behind Griezmann who won fuck all that year.

Besides I already said that Lewandowski is my favorite for it if there was an award this year.

And if competition doesn't have that much to say Mbappe and Neymar's records shouldn't be clowned on like most people do lol.

Originally posted by Grey View Post

Oh how quickly memory fades. Half a season ago were were a point away from BVB, 2 from RBL, and about 5 away from missing out on Europe. Meanwhile Liverpool had nearly secured the league and people were fervently discussing what the BuLi’s newfound competitiveness means for the future of the league.
    Unfortunately the rest of the teams just fell off due to lack of depth and you went on a crazy run, although Leipzig and Dortmund are promising for the next season if they can improve their weak spots.
    Last edited by DonAK; 23-07-2020, 22:17.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    I mean Lewandowski would be my favorite given he's done really well in the CL thus far too and no I don't think it's awarded to the CL winner, however, you guys have no competition whatsoever domestically similarly to Ligue 1(what is it now, 7 in a row?) which is why your players are more reliant on doing well in the CL to win individual trophies.

Oh how quickly memory fades. Half a season ago were were a point away from BVB, 2 from RBL, and about 5 away from missing out on Europe. Meanwhile Liverpool had nearly secured the league and people were fervently discussing what the BuLi’s newfound competitiveness means for the future of the league.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    I mean Lewandowski would be my favorite given he's done really well in the CL thus far too and no I don't think it's awarded to the CL winner, however, you guys have no competition whatsoever domestically similarly to Ligue 1(what is it now, 7 in a row?) which is why your players are more reliant on doing well in the CL to win individual trophies.

Competition has absolutely nothing to do with how good a player or a team is. Bayern can control themselves and their players. They cant control every other team in Germany. Your point is falling hugely short.

Leave a comment:

• DonAK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    You haven't won the CL yet. How does Lewandowski already deserve it?
    Since when does the Ballon have to go to the CL winner. Its awarded to the best player that year. Period.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    I’m confused, are you under the impression that the BD is an award given only to a CL winner?

Leave a comment:

• Nils
    replied
    Messi didn't win the CL in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• DonAK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MihailT
    replied
    Originally posted by Nils View Post
    I actually feel the pain even if this award's been garbage since 2010, cause Robert deserved it and it was clistar clear. I hope he'll win the Best Player award but it's not the same.

It's just bullshit, but then people shouldn't put much weight to this circus award anymore. Times of Matthäus or Ronaldo 9 winning it are far gone.
    Yeah, they should simply cancel it until the end of time. Establish a new award free of the this corrupt bullshit, that is awarded based on actual merit with clear criteria, and not the votes of the captains and coaches of Burkina Faso and Guinea Bissau.

Leave a comment:

• Nils
    replied
    I actually feel the pain even if this award's been garbage since 2010, cause Robert deserved it and it was clistar clear. I hope he'll win the Best Player award but it's not the same.

It's just bullshit, but then people shouldn't put much weight to this circus award anymore. Times of Matthäus or Ronaldo 9 winning it are far gone.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Barcelona will most probably end the season trophyless. Real Madrid weren't special this season. Uefa Euro was postponed, so there is no way to save Ronaldo's season like 2013.

So yeah I can totally understand their decision

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Originally posted by Muller25 View Post

Only if Ronaldo doesn't win.
    wouldn't surprise me at all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X