Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which CL run was more legendary? 2013 or 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which CL run was more legendary? 2013 or 2020?

Bonus question. Which team do think is better? Again 2013 or 2020.
    46.67%
    53.33%

I think 2020 is run is legendary. Every single number and stat proves it. But still i think the 2013 team was better. I mean Lahm, Schweinstigr, Neuer, Roberry, prime Boateng list goes on.

Comment

2013 because it cemented the legacy of a great squad.

Comment

2020 without any doubt

2013 2020
        Games 13 11
        Wins 10 11
        Goals scored 31 43
        Goals conceded 11 8
        Highest win 6-1 8-2
        Second highest win 4-0 7-2
        Top Scorer CR7 RL9

It was a perfect campaign. We broke tons of records. I also heard that Gnabry's goal against Lyon could be the goal of the tournament.

Comment

For the bonus question: I can't even see an argument against 2013. That squad was clearly superior than anything we have today. Yes, I believe we have the makings of an exceptional team currently, and this 2020 team was truly a joy to watch. But it had plenty of faults throughout the season, with make-shift tactics, injuries, pandemics, and coaching changes along the way. This team right now still have ample room for improvement, which we surely can all see with the incoming of Leroy Sane. But 2013's squad was literally beyond improvement. There isn't a single player on earth who would have made that side better than it was at the moment, at that time. You simply cannot beat sheer, utter perfection, no matter how much we love our 2020 winners.

Now, with that out of the way, as a fan I cherish 2020 every bit as much as I cherish 2013. Comparisons between the squad are not an important factor to me, fan enjoyment is. And I enjoyed this season so damn much. Couldn't have scripted it better.
          Last edited by Grey; 26-08-2020, 03:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackroze View Post
            Bonus question. Which team do think is better? Again 2013 or 2020.
            2020 kicks 2013's butt ... Not even a contest. 100% record, second best attack in CL history (2 goals less than the 1st, who played 16 games), legendary games, top scorer and 3rd top scorer of the CL, surpassing CR7 + Bale in 2014 as the 2 players of the same team with most girls in a single season... Not to mention we had a few scares in 2013, like Bate, arsenal second leg and even in the final against BvB.

What we did this year is nothing short of Epic. And all that with an arguably (slightly) less talented team than the we had back then

Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
              2020 kicks 2013's butt ... Not even a contest. 100% record, second best attack in CL history (2 goals less than the 1st, who played 16 games), legendary games, top scorer and 3rd top scorer of the CL, surpassing CR7 + Bale in 2014 as the 2 players of the same team with most girls in a single season... Not to mention we had a few scares in 2013, like Bate, arsenal second leg and even in the final against BvB.

What we did this year is nothing short of Epic. And all that with an arguably (slightly) less talented team than the we had back then

Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk
              I think the opposition Bayern faced in 2013 was harder. Last good Arsenal team, Conte's Juventus, Xavi/Messi/Iniesta Barcelona, peak Dortmund.

2020 is still historic of course.

Comment

2013. First German treble. Epic.

Comment

I have a feeling that 2013 team at their peak (after the CL final game vs Dortmund) can destroy or at least play toe to toe with any teams who dare to come at us, even legendary teams in their golden era like Milan 2007, Man utd 2008, Barca 2009 and 2015, Real Madrid with their triple CL titles. This 2020 team is ruthless, fun to watch and dominant. But they are still young and the truth is some players are still not at their peaks.I can't say anything if we faced Liverpool this year or in the next year if both teams are going to make it, it's still a clear 50/50 for me. But the future is bright. This team has the potential to be better than that 2013 squad, just not yet. We need to stay focus, working hard and keep upgrading every year with quality players like Sane.
                  Last edited by Kim; 26-08-2020, 12:13.

Comment

I think the come back this year from being 6th or 7th in the BL and coming back with a new Manager and reviving careers like Muller and Boa made this one sweeter. I think the Covid-19 times took away from it a bit with no fans and all. Where if their were fans I think it would be 100% bigger this season knocking out Chelsea, Barca and PSG.

Comment

Ok I didn't notice that Blackroze asked two questions.

1) Which CL run was more legendary? --> 2020 (the answer is in my previous post)
                      2) Which team do you think is better? --> 2013. However, we had a better bench this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                        This team right now still have ample room for improvement, which we surely can all see with the incoming of Leroy Sane. But 2013's squad was literally beyond improvement.
                        Yes and no
                        CL Final 2013:

Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba

Bastian - Javi
                        Robben - Muller - Ribery

Mandzukic

__________________________________________________ _

CL FInal 2020:

Neuer

Kimmich - Boateng - Alaba - Davies

Thiago - Goretzka
                        Gnabry - Muller - Coman

Lewandowski

Lewandowski instead of Mandzukic and Davies instead of Alaba would improve the starting XI of 2013.

Comment

2013 because of 2012.

Comment

Denser and more run-in midfield, best wings and full-backs in the world, neuer at the top, final for 2 consecutive years. That team would annihilate this already incredible team.

That Basti-Martinez duo was just something that can't be matched so easily, as much as love this Thiago-Leon the level is just not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post

Yes and no
                              CL Final 2013:

Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba

Bastian - Javi
                              Robben - Muller - Ribery

Mandzukic

__________________________________________________ _

CL FInal 2020:

Neuer

Kimmich - Boateng - Alaba - Davies

Thiago - Goretzka
                              Gnabry - Muller - Coman

Lewandowski

Lewandowski instead of Mandzukic and Davies instead of Alaba would improve the starting XI of 2013.
                              Müller over Müller too.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X