No announcement yet.

Borussia Dortmund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So will the Bundesliga without proper competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonAK View Post
      So will the Bundesliga without proper competition.
      Ancelotti sucks at leagues so there'll be competition.

It's fiiiiiine

Comment

So will the Bundesliga without proper competition.
        Tell me, in all honesty, since you're a barca fan.. would you like to see real or atletico flourish?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex View Post
          Tell me, in all honesty, since you're a barca fan.. would you like to see real or atletico flourish?
          Nope, and you're right in not wanting them to flourish either, but if Real and Atletico absolutely suck then it'll affect the league's quality, especially in Europe.

Healthy competition is good. This year there was a healthy competition of some sorts, if BvB and another team manage to repeat that for years to come(with Bayern winning from your perspective obviously) then it'll good for the Bundesliga in the long run.

With how crazy the EPL is going in their broadcasting deals, the other leagues need a healthy competition so they can generate more revenue through that. A dull monopoly won't interest foreign markets. That's my point, if you get it.

Comment

Nope, and you're right in not wanting them to flourish either, but if Real and Atletico absolutely suck then it'll affect the league's quality, especially in Europe.

Healthy competition is good. This year there was a healthy competition of some sorts, if BvB and another team manage to repeat that for years to come(with Bayern winning from your perspective obviously) then it'll good for the Bundesliga in the long run.

With how crazy the EPL is going in their broadcasting deals, the other leagues need a healthy competition so they can generate more revenue through that. A dull monopoly won't interest foreign markets. That's my point, if you get it.
            I agree with you but keep this in mind: Schalke are one good manager away from being at BVB's level. To top that off, Leverkusen aren't far off either. And in the not-so-distant future, I have 0 doubt RB leipzig will be there too. There's a hell of a lot to be excited about in German soccer that isn't Bayern or BVB.

Comment

• You're right, but in my eyes there's only bayern and not bvb or s04 or the entire bundesliga, if we keep playing like we are we shouldn't have any problems in either of those aspects you mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                I agree with you but keep this in mind: Schalke are one good manager away from being at BVB's level. To top that off, Leverkusen aren't far off either. And in the not-so-distant future, I have 0 doubt RB leipzig will be there too. There's a hell of a lot to be excited about in German soccer that isn't Bayern or BVB.
                True in a sense. What also affects Schalke's success is their not-so-good financial situation, which is somewhat similar to that of Dortmund a few years ago, i.e. they've got good revenue streams yet don't make much profit but loss, which of course then shows in the transfer market. But otherwise I agree, Schalke are a good manager away behind Dortmund, and I believe that Weinzierl is that manager that can take them that one step further.

Comment

• Originally posted by micky View Post
                  True in a sense. What also affects Schalke's success is their not-so-good financial situation, which is somewhat similar to that of Dortmund a few years ago, i.e. they've got good revenue streams yet don't make much profit but loss, which of course then shows in the transfer market. But otherwise I agree, Schalke are a good manager away behind Dortmund, and I believe that Weinzierl is that manager that can take them that one step further.
                  That's why Schalke has too keep selling it's soul to Gazprom, they have a really big debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                    That's why Schalke has too keep selling it's soul to Gazprom, they have a really big debt.
                    They can mainly thank the Veltins Arena for their debt situation. Schalke have pretty much the same mentality-problem as Dortmund had, which is to get rid of all the debt on the expense of operations.

In the past five years we have reduced our financial liabilities by more than 100 million Euros to the current figure of 146 million Euros. In three years the VELTINS-Arena will be paid off. Therefore, I am very angered by statements from others, who portray us as a club in debt. It's simply a term that is no longer fitting, because the figures that we've attained have exceeded our debts considerably. We have also set up our own fixed deposit account. In the 2015 fiscal year alone we made 22.5 million Euros profit, with a 264.5 million Euro turnover. That's a new record by a long way!
                    Peter Peters: Reliability pays out in hard cash - News - Schalke04.de

What really caught my eye is this bit:
                    We remain a registered club, reserve all our rights and will not take any investors on board.
                    By taking no investors on board like Bayern and BVB have done, Schalke won't be able to challenge either of them financially, as raising capital is important for a club to stay competitive and relevant in today's football.
                    Last edited by micky; 27-06-2016, 08:42.

Comment

• Mkhitaryan to Man Utd is official

Comment

• I don't think Dortmund will come top 3 next season, too many big player losses and i don't think the replacements will be good enough. I can see at least Leverkusen and Schalke finish before them. Dortmund had a good team going but it has been completely destroyed in the space of a few months.

Comment

• Selling Hummels, Gundogan & Mkhitaryan in one transfer window is a blow for them

Comment

• Comment

• What if they sign both Gotze and Schurrle?

Comment

• Originally posted by dips82 View Post
                                What if they sign both Gotze and Schurrle?
                                Τhey'll be even worse!

Comment

Working...
                                X