Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fashiondesign View Post
    I hope Bayer Leverkusen gets demolished by Atletico Madrid in the champions league.
    Why are you so angry m8

Comment

• Originally posted by HSK View Post
      Why are you so angry m8
      They burned my bet combo..

Comment

• really sad to see Leverkusen go out of UCL - they should have won the penalties. With his experience I didn't expect Kiessling to miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by schweini View Post
          really sad to see Leverkusen go out of UCL - they should have won the penalties. With his experience I didn't expect Kiessling to miss.
          Kießling is the epitome of Leverkusen.

Comment

• Originally posted by micky View Post
            Kießling is the epitome of Leverkusen.
            As soon as I saw the it we he who would take the decisive spot kick I was 100% sure he wouldn't even hit the target. Kiessling and Leverkusen absolutely deserve each other.

Calhanoglu was surprising, though. I expected him to be able to withstand some pressure but it seems that Leverkusen's loser-mentality ingrained itself pretty quick in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
              Calhanoglu was surprising, though. I expected him to be able to withstand some pressure but it seems that Leverkusen's loser-mentality ingrained itself pretty quick in him.
              Was also surprised by Calhanoglu's poor attempt, expected a lot more from him. Castro didn't disappoint, for some reason I was sure he'd force the ball go in, as he did.

Comment

• Did they train penalties? I mean, did they prepare themselves for an eventual penalty shootout in Madrid?

They looked like they were deciding where to shoot on their way to the ball. Madrid won just by being less miserable at it.

Comment

• Bla Bla Bla. Leverkusen is "small football club" which constantly achieve better result than expected considering their "pedigree". They are miles ahead of traditional clubs like Bremn, Hamburg, Stuttgart. They have good management, good scouting, good youth program. They are overall nice club, but they don't have unlimited potential. i have nothing against their performance vs Atletico & There's really nothing to be ashamed of. They played clever conservative game, didn't work out in the end. All in all - better cl campaign than last year.

Comment

• About Calhanoglu, I was sure he will try some smartass kick and miss... not really smartest kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schäferhund View Post
                      About Calhanoglu, I was sure he will try some smartass kick and miss... not really smartest kid.
                      his PK was worse than Kießling`s

Comment

• Originally posted by uniqueplayer View Post
                        his PK was worse than Kießling`s
                        By definition that can't be true. Calhanoglu's was at least on target.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schäferhund View Post
                          Bla Bla Bla. Leverkusen is "small football club" which constantly achieve better result than expected considering their "pedigree". They are miles ahead of traditional clubs like Bremn, Hamburg, Stuttgart. They have good management, good scouting, good youth program. They are overall nice club, but they don't have unlimited potential. i have nothing against their performance vs Atletico & There's really nothing to be ashamed of. They played clever conservative game, didn't work out in the end. All in all - better cl campaign than last year.
                          They've got an adequate management, and a good scouting and youth program. Leverkusen are as small as Wolfsburg. My main problem with Leverkusen is that they don't even seem to want to be a winning team, and find the balance between potential youngsters and already established professionals. They've got way too much dead weight on their squad, and they seem to be uninterested to address critical positions by acquiring the right players. If you look at Leverkusen's transfer history, this fact is more than evident.

I think Leverkusen have everything to be ashamed of (not only because of last night's game); they pretend to be bigger than they actually are, but also are not as small as they look like. They should get someone like Allofs, who understands what should be done to build a winning team.

Comment

• I won't overthink Leverkusen. They manage to be very entertaining to watch and that's more than can be said about 95% of the teams.

Comment

• MARCA says Real Madrid is interested in signing Leno this summer for 20m euros.

Damn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
                                MARCA says Real Madrid is interested in signing Leno this summer for 20m euros.

Damn it.
                                So....? They do need a new GK

Comment

Working...
                                X