This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I'm so sorry for Senegal as they have a brilliant squad with a really interesting coach who had already showed off during last year's WC. Well deserved for Algeria nonetheless as they finally have a very good generation of footballers. I think the Senegalese goalie could've done better though on the goal lol

Comment

• Algerians sure know how to celebrate lmao the neighbourhood could not sleep til 4am [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

• Times MVP of the match through the last decade.
          That's why he is a whole team by himself and Farca should be renamed as "The Messi team"

Comment

• Had to mention this....

Hope Solo, the legendary US goalkeeper, is 38 years old today 💪🎂

Comment

• Can someone explain to me how Vissel Kobe has Iniesta, David Villa, Sergi Samper, and Podolski???

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                Can someone explain to me how Vissel Kobe has Iniesta, David Villa, Sergi Samper, and Podolski???
                Team is owned by billionaire company, Rakuten.

Comment

• I agree

Comment

• Unfortunately the thieves are the ones running the cameras, so yeah Ima complain a little.

Comment

Unfortunately the thieves are the ones running the cameras, so yeah Ima complain a little.
                      Not always, referee on the field can just reject VAR without looking at a replay (or even disagree with VAR outright). So the problem is still the human part, and it's never getting fixed unless some rules change.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                        Not always, referee on the field can just reject VAR without looking at a replay (or even disagree with VAR outright). So the problem is still the human part, and it's never getting fixed unless some rules change.
                        That’s pretty much exactly my complaint. I honestly thought I would love VAR but now that I see how critically important (and manifestly unfair) some of the decisions to use or not use it have been, I am fully against VAR in its current state. I’m no rules expert by a long shot, but I genuinely want to believe there is a simple regulatory fix that case eliminate the devastating abuse of discretion while still maintaining all of the obvious benefits of video review.

VAR in its current form is unacceptable.

Comment

That’s pretty much exactly my complaint. I honestly thought I would love VAR but now that I see how critically important (and manifestly unfair) some of the decisions to use or not use it have been, I am fully against VAR in its current state. I’m no rules expert by a long shot, but I genuinely want to believe there is a simple regulatory fix that case eliminate the devastating abuse of discretion while still maintaining all of the obvious benefits of video review.

VAR in its current form is unacceptable.
                          There's really no way of making it 100% (or close to that) without making games significantly longer. Just the time it would take to get "X" amount of peoples expert opinions on a call would take time and extend games longer. And part of what makes this game so great is knowing you can sit down commercial free for an hour and 45min (unlike really any sport). You know as an American how much we complain about commercials and how longer every sports game takes to play. Its a time issue to get these calls as close to 100% as it can.

Comment

• Definitely a Puskas award nominee!

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
                              Definitely a Puskas award nominee!

This is brilliant.

But I prefer this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                                This is brilliant.

But I prefer this.
                                hahahahahahahahaha