X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING: EURO 2020 has been postponed postponed 11 June - 11 July, 2021

Comment

• FIFA and the six confederations (UEFA, AFC, CAF, Concacaf, CONMEBOL and OFC) have signed a declaration saying that the creation of a European Super League would not be recognised.

Thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post
        FIFA and the six confederations (UEFA, AFC, CAF, Concacaf, CONMEBOL and OFC) have signed a declaration saying that the creation of a European Super League would not be recognised.

Thank God.
        Yeah nice bluff. Go ahead and hold Euros or WC without players from 20 top clubs in Europe. Im sure everybody will tune in for your shit games.

If teams Want to creat this league, they cannot hold them back. Even if they were stubborn enough to not let players play, countries will unite and form their verion of FIFA and UEFA and probably they'll do a better job and its gonna be less corrupted.

Comment

• I don't really support a super league one bit, but what I support less than that are international country/continental federations teaming up against freedom of association. If the private clubs agree to do something, then UEFA shouldn't really have much of a say (some exceptions possible of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
            I don't really support a super league one bit, but what I support less than that are international country/continental federations teaming up against freedom of association. If the private clubs agree to do something, then UEFA shouldn't really have much of a say (some exceptions possible of course).
            UEFA, FIFA and etc, have all the rights to refuse to recognize certain competitions.

They are not legally blocking them, Gibraltar's Football League was being played for century without official recognition by UEFA.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post

UEFA, FIFA and etc, have all the rights to refuse to recognize certain competitions.

They are not legally blocking them, Gibraltar's Football League was being played for century without official recognition by UEFA.
              I don’t see how they have the right to punish individual players for perfectly legal financial/professional decisions made outside their time in their confederations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

I don’t see how they have the right to punish individual players for perfectly legal financial/professional decisions made outside their time in their confederations.
                It just leverage, they are leveraging now so players protest to their clubs and this Super League doesn't happen. In essence it's a bluff.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post

It just leverage, they are leveraging now so players protest to their clubs and this Super League doesn't happen. In essence it's a bluff.
                  I think if they actually started interfering with players' ability to play for their national teams simply because they partook in a club competition that UEFA et al didn't like, then you'd see real legal repurcussions. It's all fun and games until an army of hot--headed millionaires and their lawyers litigate you out of existence.

Comment

Working...
                  X