No announcement yet.

General Transfer Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest transfer of winter- Willian has left Shakhtar for Anzhi. The Russians (reportedly) paid approx €35mil.

"Anji FC" website says "the club concluded a long term labour contract" with the footballer.

Willian to Anji!

Comment

I can't stand this disgusting Anzhi club, no matter who they sign or how many titels they win, it's all the same for me, screw them and all of their money.

And what a joke of a transfer for Willian, his former club is not only better but also more respected, i guess it's a matter of money, like it usually is. It's quite sad really.

Comment

Well a Brazilian playing in Ukraine- the same reason that brought him to Ukraine sent him to Dagestan!

(I'll compare with Chelsea- because they have a lot in common in the nature of ownership)

Anyways, Anji have set up a youth academy recently- the first in the region. They have (only!) spent around 140 million euros in total in transfers from 10/11*. Chelsea have spent 250 million euros. They're actually doing all the right things- to build a good football club in the region. Big names are important for keeping the club successful and famous, in vogue, and eventually generate football interest (more importantly, sporting interest) in the region. They have 47% foreign players compared to Chelsea's 75%. Their strategy looks better than Chelsea. But yeah- I don't like the way they make footballers greedy. IIRC R. Carlos was in favor of this project at Anji- but that's history. They aren't total saints.

Willian- he let the CL go. He would have been useful to Shakhtar. Anji made him greedy.

He probably thought he couldn't get a better deal monetarily anywhere/anytime else.

*Stats from transfermarkt (net in transfers)
        Last edited by Lord Byron; 02-02-2013, 13:34.

Comment

It dosen't change my view on them just because they are doing it 'right'. EVERY club with respect for itself should have a youth program.

Originally posted by robery View Post
          They have (only!) spent around 140 million euros in total in transfers from 10/11*. Chelsea have spent 250 million euros.

Chelsea got a bigger apeal than the Russian Anzhi, and players actually want to be apart of Chelsea since they're playing in the EPL wich is much more attractive than the Russian league.

Chelsea might have spent more than Anzhi, but thats because the best players are willing to join them, If Anzhi had the same apeal as Chelsea i bet they had spent twice the amount Chelsea has spent.

Anzhi dosen't offer anything other than a good salary and for most footballers, it's not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by p4vo View Post
            I can't stand this disgusting Anzhi club, no matter who they sign or how many titels they win, it's all the same for me, screw them and all of their money.

And what a joke of a transfer for Willian, his former club is not only better but also more respected, i guess it's a matter of money, like it usually is. It's quite sad really.
            The thing is, Anzhi's owner Souleyman Kerimov is not using Anzhi as some plaything, he is born and bred in Dagestan and has genuine interest in the club's and the region's wellness. He is just supporting his community. Kind of like what's happening in Shakhtar.

Comment

Well that's good for them then, i still don't fancy them one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by p4vo View Post
                Well that's good for them then, i still don't fancy them one bit.
                You shouldn't hate on them, really. If, say, one of us becomes a billionaire and bought Bayern, wanting to repay what Bayern has done for him, you'd accept that, right? Anzhi basically earned a billionaire by having a fan who became one.

Meanwhile, some Qatari/Russian dude was minding his own life till one day, he realises in the papers about the lucrativity and prestige of football, and decided to buy a club just to be remembered as that owner who won a club titles. There is a difference.

I used to hate Anzhi just like you, even more than Chelsea and Man City, in fact, but that story changed my perception. In the past, after I discovered my lack of footballing ability and brains, I used to dream of becoming some major shareholder of Bayern who makes a difference(till I realised how unlikely THAT sounds), and after Anzhi had a fan who did just that, I realised, it would be hypocritical to hate on him, right? He did it for his long-lasting love for the club.

Comment

Smoke gathering around Rooney's exit.

Lewy --> United
                  Rooney --> PSG
                  Dzeko --> BVB
                  Ibrahimovic comes to his next stop --> Bayern
                  Pizza --> Retires

Comment

Ibra comes here only if Pep quits before starting.

Comment

I personally think none of those are going to happen.
                      Why should united buy another striker when their midfield is unbelievably shite
                      Why on earth should they sell rooney if they didnt when he wanted to leave and acted like a cunt few years back
                      I'm pretty sure BvB would much rather get a cheaper option to replace lewa than dzeko who I guess is on a high wage at city.
                      Ibra to bayern? Why on earth should we buy expensive and relatively old problemchild. Won't happen since Pep will take over.
                      Pizza probably retiring or staying our 3rd choice striker

Comment

Twist in the Falcao saga: He's moving to Monaco.

Monaco mega-offer sets up Falcao move - Goal.com

Wonder what that means? Where's Monaco? Oh, they'll be playing Ligue 1 next year. No Europe action then. Questions surround around his ambition.

Maybe Monaco will top the league next year like Montpellier the last, and he'll leave to a "bigger" club eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Byron View Post

Wonder what that means? Where's Monaco? Oh, they'll be playing Ligue 1 next year. No Europe action then. Questions surround around his ambition.

Maybe Monaco will top the league next year like Montpellier the last, and he'll leave to a "bigger" club eventually.
                          Originally posted by Preds View Post
                          Falcao set to move to French club Monoaca
                          € th€nk that thi$ i$ a gr£at mov£

Comment

Originally posted by Preds View Post
                            Originally posted by Lord Byron View Post

rumour has him here for 1 year then back to madrid (real madrid)

Comment

Explaining the Falcao move to Monaco : soccer

Comment

Monoco have been linked with Tevez as well today.

Comment

Working...
                                X