Irish Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Football

Hello Folks a very Happy New Year to all, just a quick post to advise Bohemian FC manager Pat Fenlon is in talks with Dundee United to take over as Manager after Craig Levine left to manage Scotland .
    This is obivously bad news for us as Pat managed Bohs to back to back league titles over the past two seasons, will keep you posted

Don't really know that much about football in Ireland, besides the whole Henry issue with his hand-ball (by the way I still think you guys should had pass to the final).

Can you tell me more of Ireland's professional soccer league? Who is your "Bayern"?

Pd: Beautifull country Ireland.

Comment

Hi Filo will get back to you later as I am on my lunch, however Bohs are Irelands " Bayern" two fantastic clubs !!

Comment

Hello again Filo some info for you on the league in Ireland , first off we have two seperate football associations in Ireland , here in the Republic we have the F.A.I. (Football Association of Ireland) and in Northern Ireland the I.F.A. ( Irish Football Association) seems crazy to me for a small country with a population of approx. 5 million but thats politics !!
        Our association the F.A.I. operates our league which has a premier division of ten teams and a first division of 12 teams , however there are only approx 3 pro teams in the premier division the others are semi-pro.
        The main problem our leagues have is attendance figures as a lot of Irish people support English Premier league and have deserted their own leagues for Man Utd. Liverpool etc. , however some of our best players in the past
        were all league of Ireland players eg Paul Mc Grath, Roy Keane , Gerry Daly , Kevin Doyle etc.
        Thats just a very quick run down on our League , and thanks for your comments on the French match ,hopefully Germany might meet them in the World Cup and do them say 4-0
        also thanks for your comments on Ireland it is a nice easygoing place ok
        but the Munich frauliens are sehr hubsch !!! did I get that right

Comment

Working...
        X