Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Youth Football

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • International Youth Football

    Any results or news involving U17-U21 national football teams.

  • #2
    Made this thread because I wanted to make a post about our boys beating Spain today to qualify for the U19 Euros next month!

    Germany beat Spain to reach Under-19 finals

    Spoiler
    Quite sad that I missed the match. Was eagerly anticipating it but I then fell victim to a couple too many South Park episodes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Can't wait for the next youth football tournaments! It's always sad when Germany is not competing. 2015 Under 17 and especially Under 20 World Cup should be great.

      Comment


      • #4
        Fucking bullshit.

        So, favourites Germany (apparently), lost on penalties versus Mali in the U20 WC quarter finals. They had the better chances overall AND missed a penalty 2 minutes before Mali equalised. Shit.

        Also, bitch ass lucky Brazil did what almost never happens and won consecutive penalty shootouts. Portugal were better than them, but as we all know, penalties are the dicks of football.

        To be fair, Brazil did deserve to win the previous match. Anyways.

        Hoping for an all African final. Could have been a Germany - Brazil final, but that's gone to shit now because of our boys not knowing how to be clinical.

        Comment


        • #5
          u mad bruh?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by diDi7 View Post
            Fucking bullshit.

            So, favourites Germany (apparently), lost on penalties versus Mali in the U20 WC quarter finals. They had the better chances overall AND missed a penalty 2 minutes before Mali equalised. Shit.

            Also, bitch ass lucky Brazil did what almost never happens and won consecutive penalty shootouts. Portugal were better than them, but as we all know, penalties are the dicks of football.

            To be fair, Brazil did deserve to win the previous match. Anyways.

            Hoping for an all African final. Could have been a Germany - Brazil final, but that's gone to shit now because of our boys not knowing how to be clinical.
            Dude, U20 WC is just like the Womens WC. Nobody gives a shit except for those who win. So what if Germany screwed the pooch. They are young, and in a young game especially ANYTHING can happen, and mistakes occur at much higher rates. Big deal. They will move on, and the best will fill in the senior side in 1 to 3 years for their country where it really matters. Further, so what if Brazil's kids won on back to back penalties. Even a win in this U20 WC, or a Brazil win in the Women's WC, or Marta owning the women's scoring title won't change 7 - 0in the real WC at home in front of the entire world. So let them have these meaningless hollow victories. Afterall, they really need it, have some pitty on the country. They deserve it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Lol freebird don't get your panties on a bunch

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FreeBird View Post
                Dude, U20 WC is just like the Womens WC. Nobody gives a shit except for those who win. So what if Germany screwed the pooch. They are young, and in a young game especially ANYTHING can happen, and mistakes occur at much higher rates. Big deal. They will move on, and the best will fill in the senior side in 1 to 3 years for their country where it really matters. Further, so what if Brazil's kids won on back to back penalties. Even a win in this U20 WC, or a Brazil win in the Women's WC, or Marta owning the women's scoring title won't change 7 - 0in the real WC at home in front of the entire world. So let them have these meaningless hollow victories. Afterall, they really need it, have some pitty on the country. They deserve it.
                Uhm, what a twatty thing to say. It matters to many people. Just because it's not as popular as the biggest sporting event in the world, it doesn't mean "nobody gives a shit except for those who win".

                I care. I am invested in the youth development of football. It still hurts to see the players lose. To them it matters the most. You think they just shrug it off? These young men CRY. How dare you say it's meaningless? It teaches them what victory is, how it feels to win and how hard you must work to achieve your goals.

                With regards to the comment about women's football... I don't even know what to say. I guess you can go and tell that to Marta or any of her fans and see if they agree.

                Also, who exactly won 7-0 in the World Cup? I guess you couldn't care enough to remember the correct score.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rohr View Post
                  u mad bruh?
                  Very mad.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by diDi7 View Post
                    Very mad.

                    Lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I would never say they are meaningless. They are a great way to build competitiveness and leadership qualities for the future. I am a German fan and the German NT relied heavily on their U21 - and won the WC.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by albanian7 View Post
                        I would never say they are meaningless. They are a great way to build competitiveness and leadership qualities for the future. I am a German fan and the German NT relied heavily on their U21 - and won the WC.
                        Germany needs to win every World Cup and Euro available. Only then will I have peace.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Serbia wins the U20 World Cup by beating Brazil 2-1 after extra time.

                          Hoorah.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Brazil was the better side. =/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                              Brazil was the better side. =/
                              Football can be a very harsh game sometimes...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X