Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am surprised how dumb the Italian coach is.. The line ups he fielded are just plain stupid, he literally gave us the win!

Comment

• Originally posted by Argeta View Post
      I am surprised how dumb the Italian coach is.. The line ups he fielded are just plain stupid, he literally gave us the win!

Will Ibra come back to the NT now?

Comment

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
        Will Ibra come back to the NT now?
        He hasn't said anything that can be related with a comeback, but Andersson welcomes him. I guess if Ibra is in super form like he was last season, Andersson will probably give him a call and we'll see what happens from there, but right now Ibra has to prove himself again after his injury.

Comment

• Congratulations to the Danes who are joining the World Cup, glad for our fellow brothers. But also sad that there will be no Irish fans in Russia.

Comment

• Where is Charlie now when Peru qualifies? (he may be crying of joy till now)

Comment

• ^And Panama qualified too , I think Filo should be happy (if I'm not mistaken)

Comment

• I was just thinking, with Italy not making the final tournament, Germany's chances of winning the trophy have just doubled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wavy View Post
                  I was just thinking, with Italy not making the final tournament, Germany's chances of winning the trophy have just doubled.
                  But Italy didn't do shit in the two previous tournaments... died in group stage in 2010 and 2014, was probably going to do the same in 2018.

So, nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                    But Italy didn't do shit in the two previous tournaments... died in group stage in 2010 and 2014, was probably going to do the same in 2018.

So, nah.
                    It was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wavy View Post
                      It was a joke.
                      I know, but jokes still gotta make sense.

Comment

• It does make sense if you have a sense of humor.

Comment

• Germany have been knocked out by Italy in 1970, 1982, and 2006. The joke makes perfect sense and I laughed

edit: Italy also had a hand in knocking out Germany in 1978, after a goalless draw in the group stage in which Germany needed points.
                          Last edited by Grey; 17-11-2017, 21:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                            Germany have been knocked out by Italy in 1970, 1982, and 2006. The joke makes perfect sense and I laughed

edit: Italy also had a hand in knocking out Germany in 1978, after a goalless draw in the group stage in which Germany needed points.
                            Oh, i know this "Germany can't beat Italy" meta.

You have to remember that Italy failed to advance on groups with Slovakia, Paraguay and New Zealand(they even finished last place with 2 points) in 2010, and Costa Rica, Uruguay and England(3 points on a win against England) in 2014.

Since they were performing pretty terribly, even if they had qualified, i would bet they would repeat the current trend of failing to overcome the group stage.

Once you realize this, the joke become less funny.

_
                            Interestingly enough, they performed really well on Euros in this same time span, just weird.

Comment

• Because Italy had a real coach for Euros whereas they had dumb ones for those competitions.

Anyways never understood why Germany always struggled vs Italy - even during last Euros they made it much more difficult for themselves than it should've been. One of the weakest Italy sides ever vs the World Champions and they almost managed to get out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                                Because Italy had a real coach for Euros whereas they had dumb ones for those competitions.

Anyways never understood why Germany always struggled vs Italy - even during last Euros they made it much more difficult for themselves than it should've been. One of the weakest Italy sides ever vs the World Champions and they almost managed to get out.
                                That because Boateng went full angel with his fucking arms...don't ask me why.
                                They weren't that bad tho,they kicked out spain remember ?

Comment

Working...
                                X