This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
    There was no World Cup in 2014. That was the programmed gap of 8 years because of the war. What are you guys talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

Comment

• One of the greatest moments on television hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
          There was no World Cup in 2014. That was the programmed gap of 8 years because of the war. What are you guys talking about?
          8 years... isn't 8...
          Spoiler
          7+1 ?

Comment

• What happens to Brazilians when someone mention Germany?

Comment

• Hey I thought I understood qualifications, but maybe someone can explain to me why Italy is in danger of not making the world cup?

They are second in their group if I recall, and even with losses to Sweden, the third place in the group shouldn't be able to pass them.

Am I missing something?

Comment

• Italy will have a play-off game vs Sweden (2 legs) ... one of them will reach the WC

So if Italy lose on aggregate they won't be in the WC

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                  Italy will have a play-off game vs Sweden (2 legs) ... one of them will reach the WC

So if Italy lose on aggregate they won't be in the WC
                  I get that they have a playoff, I guess I'm more confused with why Sweden (top of their group) and Italy (tied in pts with Spain, just down in goal differential) would have to be in a playoff in the first place.

I thought the top two teams from each group automatically qualify?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kroos39 View Post
                    I get that they have a playoff, I guess I'm more confused with why Sweden (top of their group) and Italy (tied in pts with Spain, just down in goal differential) would have to be in a playoff in the first place.

I thought the top two teams from each group automatically qualify?
                    You're confusing with the Euros.

Sweden was 2nd(needed to win against Netherlands), France was 1st.

They took away results with the last placed teams(of second placed teams) and the best 8(there are 9 groups) play a 2-leg knockout.
                    Last edited by L4nd3r; 23-10-2017, 15:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                      You're confusing with the Euros.

Sweden was 2nd(needed to win against Netherlands), France was 1st.

They took away results with the last placed teams(of second placed teams) and the best 8(there are 9 groups) play a 2-leg knockout.
                      Ah cool thanks lander (and mea)! I now realize there is the description of qualifying on UEAF website too. It's still weird though, if I look at the table on uefa.com (http://www.uefa.com/worldcup/season=...ngs/index.html) it has Sweden ahead of France, tied on points. I'm assuming because Sweden has +8 GD where France has +6. Anyway, I do understand now that only group winners are guaranteed a spot, and second places (with best record against top 5 teams) go into a playoff.

Thanks!

Comment

• Feroer Islands - Hungary 2-1
                        Andorra - Hungary 1-0
                        Luxemburg - Hungary 2-1
                        I don't now if we can be even more pathetic after these.

Comment

• Originally posted by misafeco View Post
                          Feroer Islands - Hungary 2-1
                          Andorra - Hungary 1-0
                          Luxemburg - Hungary 2-1
                          I don't now if we can be even more pathetic after these.
                          Battles of Lechfeld, 955, and Mohacs, 1526. Probably more pathetic tbh
                          Last edited by Grey; 10-11-2017, 14:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                            Battles of Lechfeld, 955, and Mohacs, 1526. Probably more pathetic tbh
                            A Grey joke. Ba dum tss!

Comment

• Italy playing handball in front of the goal, the ref is blind tho, bad match..

Comment

• Italy buying refs is nothing new

Comment

Working...
                                X