replied
    Originally posted by Effenbergfan View Post
    Ochoa

Vrsalko - Yerry Mina - Granqvist - Laxalt

Behrami - Kante

Betancur

Perisic - Hazard

Mandžukić

These are the players whose performances I really loved the most in this WC.
    Not the best possible team out of all the players, but all good ones nonetheless.
    Agree, Behrami destroyed Neymar in openning game, too bad he didn't get far in this WC though. Bentancur wasn't that good in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Effenbergfan
    replied
    Ochoa

Vrsalko - Yerry Mina - Granqvist - Laxalt

Behrami - Kante

Betancur

Perisic - Hazard

Mandžukić

These are the players whose performances I really loved the most in this WC.
    Not the best possible team out of all the players, but all good ones nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by rohr View Post
    My opinion.

I thought it was only fitting to use the formation of choice of the best coach, in my opinion.
    You only have 10 players...

Mine:

Pickford

Thiago Silva - Varane - Vida

Modrić - Casemiro

Mbappe - Hazard - Ivan Perisic

Kane - Lukaku

Coach: Martinez

Leave a comment:

• rohr
    replied
    World Cup 2018 News

My opinion.

Coach: Martinez

GK: Pickford

Centerbacks: Umtiti, Varane, and Vida

Defensive mid: Modric and Pogba

Right mid: Hazard

Left mid: de Bruyne

Attackers: Mbappe, Lukaku and Griezman

I thought it was only fitting to use the formation of choice of the best coach, in my opinion.

Edit: hehe I had only selected ten players.
    Last edited by rohr; 18-07-2018, 14:18. Reason: Had 10 players only.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but I thought Umtiti performed better than Varane in the matches I saw. Varane was pretty disappointing for me, particularly on aerials. I honestly don't remember seeing him win a header when it mattered.

I'll be bold and give an honorable mention to Vida. What a heroic tournament from a frankly "nothing" club player. Really shows what motivation can do, because Vida was simply world class the whole tournament.
    I'd put Lukaku at ST instead of Mario.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Unpopular opinion, but I thought Umtiti performed better than Varane in the matches I saw. Varane was pretty disappointing for me, particularly on aerials. I honestly don't remember seeing him win a header when it mattered.

I'll be bold and give an honorable mention to Vida. What a heroic tournament from a frankly "nothing" club player. Really shows what motivation can do, because Vida was simply world class the whole tournament.

Leave a comment:

• LookAtTheTime
    replied
    Subašić was Croatia's weak link if anything.

Leave a comment:

• kailip
    replied
    Originally posted by EM1R View Post
    Subašić

Meunier - Godín - Varane - Hernandez

Kanté

Modrić - Pogba

Mbappe - Mandžukić - Hazard

My best 11 from the World Cup. These guys impressed me a lot.
    Honorable mentions: De Bruyne, Coutinho, James. In fact I'd put one of the three in there instead of Mandzukic, this WC had no real good striker anyway. Mandzukic fucked it all up in the final.

Leave a comment:

• FernandoBR
    replied
    How do you explain Lloris` blooper in a world cup final? Goalkeeper like him can't afford himself something like that in a freaking World Cup final. And Pickford wow, his performance against Croatia was shameful. He was dreadful. Nothing special throughout the whole tournament for me.
    Concussion ?

🤣

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    How do you explain Lloris` blooper in a world cup final? Goalkeeper like him can't afford himself something like that in a freaking World Cup final.
    I can't explain it, that was a brain fart from him
    But he made extraordinary saves vs Uruguay & Belgium that took France to the final

And Pickford wow, his performance against Croatia was shameful. He was dreadful. Nothing special throughout the whole tournament for me.
    so making 5 saves vs Croatia in a world cup semi-final (including this crucial save vs Mandzukic) is shameful, while Subasic making 0 saves in the same game is considered important in Croatia's road to the final?

I know you dislike English players, but that's unfair ... Pickford had a great world cup and was better than Subasic whose positioning and reaction are close to 0 (and like I already said he was only good in that penalty shootout vs Denmark, nothing special in all the other games)

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by mea95 View Post
    I can't understand how you describe Pickford & Lloris as being nothing special and not at their best, while you pick Subasic in Top XI and say that he was very important to their road to the final (when Denmark had 2 shots on target and scored 1 goal, England had 1 shot on goal and scored it ...)

Anyway I won't talk a lot about it, I'll just invite you to watch these saves:

Spoiler

and these goals conceded:

Spoiler

How do you explain Lloris` blooper in a world cup final? Goalkeeper like him can't afford himself something like that in a freaking World Cup final. And Pickford wow, his performance against Croatia was shameful. He was dreadful. Nothing special throughout the whole tournament for me.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    I disagree. He was very good and very important to Croatia's route to the final, Pickford was nothing special and Lloris not really at his best.
    I can't understand how you describe Pickford & Lloris as being nothing special and not at their best, while you pick Subasic in Top XI and say that he was very important to their road to the final (when Denmark had 2 shots on target and scored 1 goal, England had 1 shot on goal and scored it ...)

Anyway I won't talk a lot about it, I'll just invite you to watch these saves:

Spoiler

and these goals conceded:

Spoiler

Leave a comment:

Working...
X