X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will win the World Cup 2014?

Lets vote and discuss

I am guessing it will be Brazil because of their massive home advantage and good enough squad.

Even though Germany have possibly the best squad in world football right now, but with Joakeam Low as coach, i don't see much hope for Germany
    Brazil
    23.61%
    Germany
    51.39%
    Spain
    4.17%
    Argentina
    2.78%
    Italy
    0.00%
    Netherlands
    6.94%
    England
    1.39%
    Uruguay
    2.78%
    France
    1.39%
    Portugal, Chile, Belgium or Other.
    5.56%

Bosnia!!!

Comment

BRBRBRBRBR

HUEHEUEHEIRHEUHRUE

Comment

Honestly, every single team has some pretty glaring weaknesses. As much as I want Germany or USA to win, I know neither will.

Comment

I got this feeling about France, i think they will go far in the tournament, perhaps not all the way but a long way. Their squad is also packed with talent. It's the European team i will support over there.

I dont believe Germany will win it or for that matter Spain because i bet a South American team will win it all, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, even Chile got a shot of surprising with the play showed against Germany.

Comment

If Diego Costa had chosen to represent Brazil, I would have said they have a 90 percent chance of winning it. But I think it's pretty open now and most favourites aren't as strong as they were 2 years ago like Spain and Germany.

I'll go with the dark horse and say Belgium will win it.

Comment

it pains me to say it, but I think Brazil will win it.

EDIT/
              No offense to Brazilians or Brazil fans here, it's just a domestic dispute for me lol, my brother is a huge Brazil fan, and of course am a huge German football fan, we were happy siblings, then WC 2002 happened. and everything changed since !!!
              Last edited by Sakujo; 07-03-2014, 17:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                it pains me to say it, but I think Brazil will win it.

EDIT/
                No offense to Brazilians or Brazil fans here, it's just a domestic dispute for me lol, my brother is a huge Brazil fan, and of course am a huge German football fan, we were happy siblings, then WC 2002 happened. and everything changed since !!!
                y u so offensive, man?

But jokes aside, 2002 was the best WC ever!

Comment

Spain is still the team to beat, they are skillful every where, a top Defenders, top midfielders, top Striker ( Costa). and the most important, top coach.

But I voted for Brazil, they got the spirit, and the passion. and of course the technical and the physical abilities.

But At the moment when I saw the Brazilian players singing the national anthem at the confederation cup final, I just like " oh Spain got screwed".

Germany is a candidate only on paper, but when you watch the team playing you will be like " who are these players". and not to mention the mental obstacles against big teams like Italy and Spain.

But I won't exclude Germany, there is a chance that the players and their coach would push themselves beyond themselves.

Comment

It's a tough one for me since I'm half German and Brazilian, but I'm inclined to choose Brazil since they're hosting it, I don't mind Germany winning it in 2018 though.

Comment

It will most likely be Brazil. As much as I want Germany or The Netherlands to win, the task at hand seems simply too daunting. If it happens that Brazil succumbs to the pressure, there might be a chance. Otherwise? Not really looking positive at the moment.

Regarding Germany's recent poor performances, I can only say that they should continue the trend of turning up when it really matters. I was really impressed with Low leading Germany to the EURO 2008 final. And I sort of shrugged off the loss in the final as much as I did the final loss for Bayern against Inter Milan in 2010; in both cases it were apparent which team had the superior players. In WC 2010 I was impressed until the semi final, which then was obviously such BS because I feel Spain were so incredibly lucky throughout the tournament (excl. first match). But yeah. EURO 2012 was just tits. In a bad way. That Italy match...

Can't wait.

Comment

Though Loew is a poor a coach, I have looked in a mirror and it has Germany written. I won't mind Spain winning it if thiago and Martinez are starters.

Comment

England of course!

In all honesty I can't really choose between Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Germany. Those are the 4 with the biggest chances of winning it in my opinion.

I really want Germany to win it but I'm not sure Low will pull it off. Spain, although not as good as the previous WC are still huge favourites in my opinion and the climate won't affect them as much as it will the other nations. A European team has never won a WC in South America as well!

Argentina have incredible attack but lack in other positions so that may ruin their chances, but the motivation to win it at their biggest rivals back yard would be huge. If Messi is in form, who knows what might happen?

Most people are saying Brazil, but I don't think they would end up winning it at the end. Playing at home might not be such a huge advantage as most think. The pressure on them is going to be immense and a lot of their players are still very young for such burden I reckon.

All in all, could go either way. I'm still going to go with Germany and hope for the best! Don't discard nation such as France, Japan, Chile or Columbia as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they surprised some of the big nations.

Comment

Can't decide between England and Holland

Comment

Brazil, because I'm cynical and expecting absolutely shambolic refereeing in their favor throughout the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X