This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
    I hate to say it, but what if Reus was there ?!
    If Reus were in the team, the games would be just a formality. Germany would already be champions.

Comment

• In QF, all the Goals were from set pieces.

Loew got that from the beginning, apparently there was a lot of practice on set pieces.

Kroos + Hummels = Goal , it's that simple.

Comment

• OK, so random Bayern-related question: the German NT has now guaranteed itself at least the 3rd place match on July 12 and will be in Brazil until then. Bayern's US tour starts on July 30. Will any of Bayern's Germany participants be on the trip? FIFA has mandatory vacation following tournaments, right, something like 3 weeks? It doesn't seem like they could go.

Asking because I have tickets for Portland. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by ameitz View Post
          OK, so random Bayern-related question: the German NT has now guaranteed itself at least the 3rd place match on July 12 and will be in Brazil until then. Bayern's US tour starts on July 30. Will any of Bayern's Germany participants be on the trip? FIFA has mandatory vacation following tournaments, right, something like 3 weeks? It doesn't seem like they could go.

Asking because I have tickets for Portland. . .

I hope they will be there! I also have tickets for the Portland game and since I live in central California, it cost me at least 300 to see the game, not to mention the time off work. I really hope I didn't pay that much to not see the big names! Although, at least Badstuber should be there...

Comment

• Originally posted by KateL View Post
            I hope they will be there! I also have tickets for the Portland game and since I live in central California, it cost me at least 300 to see the game, not to mention the time off work. I really hope I didn't pay that much to not see the big names! Although, at least Badstuber should be there...
            Whether Germany or the Netherlands make it to the last game of the World Cup I cannot imagine any of the 7 German players from Bayern or Robben from the Netherlands or Dante from Brazil or Van Buyton from Belgium playing before the first week of August. They will be exhausted. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the middle of August before any of them had any real game time.

And that's assuming three or so weeks off.

Arguably the World Cup is the most popular soccer/futbal competition of all. Unfortunately every four years it also sucks whatever strength and endurance is left from any club's players.

Comment

• Klose mocking history

Comment

• Case Klosed.

Comment

• I want to say first that I am so glad that Schweini and Khedira proved me wrong in terms of their injuries. Both were very important for Germany and I am so glad that they were able to play (even if Khedira did miss the final). Anyway, I have never been so happy to be wrong.

I am also glad that my faith that Jogi could get us a World Cup wasn't unfounded. When pretty much everyone said we would never win with him as coach, I kept my faith and sure enough, he showed that he did learn from his mistakes and sure enough, he made almost perfect decisions and it paid off in the end.

At the end of the day, I am just happy that we won it!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want to say first that I am so glad that Schweini and Khedira proved me wrong in terms of their injuries. Both were very important for Germany and I am so glad that they were able to play (even if Khedira did miss the final). Anyway, I have never been so happy to be wrong.

I am also glad that my faith that Jogi could get us a World Cup wasn't unfounded. When pretty much everyone said we would never win with him as coach, I kept my faith and sure enough, he showed that he did learn from his mistakes and sure enough, he made almost perfect decisions and it paid off in the end.

At the end of the day, I am just happy that we won it!!!!!!!!
                    Still, it's not a great achievement to realize that your best CD pair is Hummels/Boateng and that Merte should stay on the bench.

Especially when some of us here had comprehend this since 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
                      Still, it's not a great achievement to realize that your best CD pair is Hummels/Boateng and that Merte should stay on the bench.

Especially when some of us here had comprehend this since 2011.

That isn't all he realized and did. He realized when to start Klose and when not to. How to best use Schweini and Khedira another would reach maximum strength by the knockout rounds, vs partnering them both at the start. He realized the Lahm in the DM position wasn't working and he moved him back.

Comment

That isn't all he realized and did. He realized when to start Klose and when not to. How to best use Schweini and Khedira another would reach maximum strength by the knockout rounds, vs partnering them both at the start. He realized the Lahm in the DM position wasn't working and he moved him back.
                        he realized that you need to breathe air to live

Comment

• Originally posted by uniqueplayer View Post
                          he realized that you need to breathe air to live

Lahm had been playing well as DM this whole season. Part of my worry over Schweini and Khedira had me thinking It would be best to play him as DM. And while Lahm didn't shine there, having him play their did give Schweini and Khedira the extra time they need to not be rushed back in too soon.

Comment

• Who would have thought two years ago, just after the Euro 2012 ended that this man would be a regular starter for the best NT in the world at his 36th year of age, scoring the 2 goals needed to surpass the "phenomenon" and remain in history as the 1st goalscorer of world cup's history.

Respect to this great man, footballer and scorer....

MIROSLAV KLOSE

My next Nationalmannschaft shirt will have his name printed on it (despite my disbeliefe of putting anyones name in the honorable shirts of Bayern and the German NT) honoring him and his contribution to the NT and German football in general....

What a legend!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                              X