X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Netherlands

Goalkeepers:
    Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Michel Vorm (Swansea City), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Jeroen Zoet (PSV)

Defenders:
    Paul Verhaegh (Augsburg), Patrick van Aanholt (Vitesse), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Joel Veltman (Ajax), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Karim Rekik (PSV), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Daley Blind (Ajax)

Midfielders:
    Leroy Fer (Norwich City), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Jonathan de Guzman (Swansea City), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg), Tonny Vilhena (Feyenoord)

Forwards:
    Quincy Promes (Twente), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich), Jean-Paul Boetius (Feyenoord), Robin van Persie (Manchester United), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahce), Jeremain Lens (Dynamo Kiev), Memphis Depay (PSV)

Kuyt?! Really?! Isn't he like a million years old?

Comment

Originally posted by Wavy View Post
      Kuyt?! Really?! Isn't he like a million years old?
      My exact reaction.

Comment

OK,OK, this team looks good. Now no injuries Please, only 30 days to go!
        -----
        Also Wavy it doesn't harm to bring experience along, especially in the WC.

Comment

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pack their bags after the group stages. The team looks relatively weak to me and a lot of people seem to underestimate Chile. No offence meant to our resident Dutch members, but I reckon the weather will also massively favour Chile.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bbery View Post
            OK,OK, this team looks good. Now no injuries Please, only 30 days to go!
            -----
            Also Wavy it doesn't harm to bring experience along, especially in the WC.
            I'd say the Dutch have exaggerated a little bit with experience. When you got guys like Snejider, Robben and Van der Vaart on your team why the hell would you need Kuyt's experience? Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Comment

I don't really like these names, like I've never heard of 80% of them or so. Could be my fault, but I'm used to an all-star Holland team.. I mean look at the keepers, the defenders.. none.

Comment

I've read that van Gaal wants to play a 5 - 3 - 2 formation since the individual quality of his defenders is insufficient and because Strooman is injured (who is the key man in his previous system).

Feyenoord also played with 5 - 3 - 2 this season which should help since a lot of the defenders are from there.

Gonna be really interesting to see, NL haven't played with 5 defenders in a very long time.

I'm quite surprised van der Wiel wasn't called up.

Comment

Does that mean Huntelaar will play up top with van Persie? Or will Robben move up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bender318 View Post
                    Does that mean Huntelaar will play up top with van Persie? Or will Robben move up?
                    Yes most likely Huntelaar and van Persie up top and then behind them Robben, Sneijder and Lens

Comment

^ I forgot all about Van der wiel I wonder why he was left out, based on what I'v heard about him he's a quality RB.

Huntelaar-RVP should be interesting.

about the 5-3-2 formation, TBH I'm not all that surprised given strooman's injury, we can revert back to 4-3-3 mid game if need be as LVG stated. The formation is also "old school Dutch style", there's nothing like going back to you're roots .

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0DT1IQ20140513

-----

Also Wavy again , when I think of Kuyt he reminds of the Van der Sar, Van-nistelrooy Era so lets just say you get that "Extra" experience with him
                      Last edited by r0bbery; 14-05-2014, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by r0bbery View Post

Also Wavy again , when I think of Kuyt he reminds of the Van der Sar, Van-nistelrooy Era so lets just say you get that "Extra" experience with him
                        I hope Germany called up Beckenbauer, that's the ultimate experience right there tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Preds View Post
                          I hope Germany called up Beckenbauer, that's the ultimate experience right there tbh
                          Don't even start preds, I atleast hope we get further than the USA in WC. BTW you're profile pic matches you;re comment quite well
                          --
                          Springbrook I'm hearing something about Van der wiel calling the coach and taking himself out of the squad because he's been playing with painkillers for quite awhile. It has something to to do with the knee -__-...................Doesn't it always.
                          Last edited by r0bbery; 14-05-2014, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by javburg View Post
                            Defenders:
                            Paul Verhaegh (Augsburg), Patrick van Aanholt (Vitesse), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Joel Veltman (Ajax), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Karim Rekik (PSV), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Daley Blind (Ajax)
                            seriously now , wtf is that ? are they really expecting to beat Spain and Chile with this defense ?

and talking about the 5-3-2 , this is the best solution since they will play with 5 defenders (and IMO they need more defenders) , but it's why 3 in the middle? as if they have world class names at this position
                            I think the best lineup would be 5-2-3 with Robben-Sneijder-RVP/Huntelaar up front

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                              seriously now , wtf is that ? are they really expecting to beat Spain and Chile with this defense ?

and talking about the 5-3-2 , this is the best solution since they will play with 5 defenders (and IMO they need more defenders) , but it's why 3 in the middle? as if they have world class names at this position
                              I think the best lineup would be 5-2-3 with Robben-Sneijder-RVP/Huntelaar up front
                              Chile"s defense isnt good either. And i think our midfield and attack is better then Chile"s.

Comment

Working...
                              X