This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r0bbery View Post
    We have blind as an option who can play in that position but as he's shown in the mexico game (dos santos goal) he's not all that great defensively and cannot provide that cover that de Jong offers. I don't know if you watched that Holland-Chile game but he was the guy on the pitch who won the tackles in the midfield to kick start the counter attacks, his injury certainly won't help us.
    What happened to the de Guzmán?

He's sort of similar to De Jong, though obviously not as good.

You could well argue that he's better suited than Blind and Clasie for that position.

A holding midfield consisting of de Guzmán and Wijnaldum/Clasie should work.
    Last edited by Springbok51; 02-07-2014, 21:49. Reason: typo

Comment

Saw team Netherlands earlier today, their bus pulled up at their hotel Caesar park near ipanema beach around noon. Didn't get any personal interaction but it was pretty exciting seeing them arriving and off the bus in person... Used to just seeing that on TV all the time

Comment

Originally posted by E.Nygma View Post
        I have to say, I'm loving this pessimism from arguably the team that has the most chance of winning this tournament. You can replace De Jong with quite a few players. BMI, even Kuyt, Fer and Classie come to mind. LvG will know what to do. Robben will do his part and RvP wont have heat problems anymore. I believe Netherlands is the favourite.

If these Dutch fans were English you would already be champions. I wish you to win this!!!
        They should've already been kicked out from Mexico!

They don't have a chance on the semis vs Argentina.
        Their defence is more than a joke, and Messi will party all over them.

But I'd really like to face them in the final. It'll be a walk in the park!

Comment

Originally posted by mavros View Post

Speaking of defensive jokes, Argentina's defense is pretty comical, too. And their midfield may even be weaker. It's going to be a battle of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
            Speaking of defensive jokes, Argentina's defense is pretty comical, too. And their midfield may even be weaker. It's going to be a battle of attack.
            Spain and Chile both had good forward lines which scored 1 goal in a wrong PK against this defense.

Bayern had an average defense with Boateng, etc yet formed formed a wall due to good defensive organization.

A strong defensive organization is way stronger which is why Greece rarely leaks goals, not because of great individual quality but overall organization.

Comment

Netherlands vs Germany is my dream final and out of Colombia, Brazil, France and Germany, Germany is definitely the easiest opponent as long as Low continues with his idiotic tactics and formations.

However I don't see Germany beating France with Low. France is a WC team with quality on every position. Brazil and Colombia are both very difficult. It will be very hard for Germany.

For Oranje, beating Costa Rica and making the semis is a great achievement. This is one of the worst teams in Dutch history with many rookies and mediocre players. There is no shame in loosing to Argentina. LVG gave the target of making the semis which seemed very hard and few people expected Oranje to even make out of this group.

Making the semis would be a brilliant achievement anyways. I will be very happy. Hope Robben and Oranje puts on a great show against Messi & Argentina.

Comment

sorry, guys, you clearly have little idea what is going on.

The Dutch might trash Argentina in the semis. It's written on the wall. I think there won't even be a game like this, cuz Belgium might knock out Argentina. Belgium Netherlands will be far more 50 50, Netherlands ahev the perfect team to trash Argentina, who are really bad actually.

And they were much, much better against Mexico too. They knocked them out like a big team knocks out a small one, when they know they have to attack, they do it and win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayernthebest View Post
                  Netherlands vs Germany is my dream final and out of Colombia, Brazil, France and Germany, Germany is definitely the easiest opponent as long as Low continues with his idiotic tactics and formations.

However I don't see Germany beating France with Low. France is a WC team with quality on every position. Brazil and Colombia are both very difficult. It will be very hard for Germany.

For Oranje, beating Costa Rica and making the semis is a great achievement. This is one of the worst teams in Dutch history with many rookies and mediocre players. There is no shame in loosing to Argentina. LVG gave the target of making the semis which seemed very hard and few people expected Oranje to even make out of this group.

Making the semis would be a brilliant achievement anyways. I will be very happy. Hope Robben and Oranje puts on a great show against Messi & Argentina.
                  Loew won't play my friend....
                  It will be Lahm, Kroos, Schweini and Muller the ones who'll be on the pitch.
                  The ones wearing the jersey with 3 stars on it.
                  FYI information Netherlands jersey has no stars on it (that's why it's easier to be ripped) and won't also have at the 14th of July.
                  They had a much better team in the past but they failed in both occasions (Germany '74, Argentina '78)
                  And after all, Van Gaal isn't a tactical or coaching genious either. He is good in other things.

Now about Germany, the only team I respect (not fear) from the 3 you mentioned is Colombia. I've stated this before even this tournament begins.
                  France is our best customers in Knock out stages and Brasil is not even a team.

Hopefully seeing you at the semis

Comment

FYI information Netherlands jersey has no stars on it (that's why it's easier to be ripped) and won't also have at the 14th of July.
                    They had a much better team in the past but they failed in both occasions (Germany '74, Argentina '78)
                    And after all, Van Gaal isn't a tactical or coaching genious either. He is good in other things.

Now about Germany, the only team I respect (not fear) from the 3 you mentioned is Colombia. I've stated this before even this tournament begins.

Lol we all know you hate the Dutch Mavros. At the beggining of the tournament you gave them no chance to even go past the last 16. Just because your own country Greece is shit doesnt mean the Dutch has also a shit team. But im glad that Greece is out, what a disgrace to football that team is. And with Robben,Rvp and Sneijder you will always have a chance against the big boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post

Problem is Oranje have never cared more about Winning Stars than Revolutionizing football. Team of 74 changed the game of football which 50 trophies could not.

Anyways I don't think like that and believe winning trophies is as important.

Kroos, Schweni or Muller don't have the talent to individually beat Netherlands as they are not World Class(bar Muller as ST). But Germany has 20 odd Very Good Players with depth in every position and talents like Goetze, scorers like Muller, etc which Netherlands lack as they have fewer good players like Robben, Hunter, RVP, Depay and almost all of them are attackers.

I think Germany is the easiest team for Oranje with their formation.

France is the best team in the tournament and they have 2 Good players in every position.

About a team and 1 Man Show, most of the teams in the WC are basically 1 man teams. Robben with Oranje, Messi with Argentina, Neymar with Brazil. Colombia have a complete team but most of the goals and assists in crucial times are coming from James as well. So 1 man team isn't really much of an issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayernthebest View Post
                        Problem is Oranje have never cared more about Winning Stars than Revolutionizing football. Team of 74 changed the game of football which 50 trophies could not.

Anyways I don't think like that and believe winning trophies is as important.

Kroos, Schweni or Muller don't have the talent to individually beat Netherlands as they are not World Class(bar Muller as ST). But Germany has 20 odd Very Good Players with depth in every position and talents like Goetze, scorers like Muller, etc which Netherlands lack as they have fewer good players like Robben, Hunter, RVP, Depay and almost all of them are attackers.

I think Germany is the easiest team for Oranje with their formation.

France is the best team in the tournament and they have 2 Good players in every position.

About a team and 1 Man Show, most of the teams in the WC are basically 1 man teams. Robben with Oranje, Messi with Argentina, Neymar with Brazil. Colombia have a complete team but most of the goals and assists in crucial times are coming from James as well. So 1 man team isn't really much of an issue
                        With the high line Germany plays with Mertesacker and Hummels, Holland could crush them. Spain did something similar and Robben made them look like a bunch of players of Fc St. Pauli. But im sure if we meet in the final, Löw will have a plan for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayernthebest View Post
                          Germany is definitely the easiest opponent as long as Low continues with his idiotic tactics and formations.
                          I think we should not take the match vs Algeria as an example
                          Germany underestimate Algeria and didn't expect such performance from them ... Plus the defense was shaky and lazy (I think they'll be more motivated and determined when they face stronger opponent like France for example)

But the problem is that Germany has a tough road to the final and needs to face 3 strong teams in less than 10 days to lift the trophy

Comment

• Ironically.. Germany is the team who is trying to play a beautiful football, while Holland wants to win and that is all.

In contrast to what happened in 1974. So I can expect the winner.

But damn, Germany VS Netherland in Maracana would be a dream.

I have watched every WC final from 1970, and Munich final was the best for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
                              Ironically.. Germany is the team who is trying to play a beautiful football, while Holland wants to win and that is all.

In contrast to what happened in 1974. So I can expect the winner.

But damn, Germany VS Netherland in Maracana would be a dream.

I have watched every WC final from 1970, and Munich final was the best for me.
                              I think Germany has also played really poor football in the tournament and is the most defensive of all teams with 4 CB's & 3 slow CM's.
                              Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                              I think we should not take the match vs Algeria as an example
                              Germany underestimate Algeria and didn't expect such performance from them ... Plus the defense was shaky and lazy (I think they'll be more motivated and determined when they face stronger opponent like France for example)

But the problem is that Germany has a tough road to the final and needs to face 3 strong teams in less than 10 days to lift the trophy
                              I don't rate Germany on the Algeria game, a big part of which I did not even watch.

I rate them consistently over the course of the tournament. I can't remember a single fluid game, not even the Portugal game.

Hated the 4 CB's, 2 CAM's at wings & 3 Non-creative Static CM formation.

Loew needs major changes IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayern-Ajax View Post
                                Lol we all know you hate the Dutch Mavros. At the beggining of the tournament you gave them no chance to even go past the last 16. Just because your own country Greece is shit doesnt mean the Dutch has also a shit team. But im glad that Greece is out, what a disgrace to football that team is. And with Robben,Rvp and Sneijder you will always have a chance against the big boys.
                                First of all, I don't hate the Dutch.

Those clowns make me laugh, why should I hate them

Second, I don't know what Greece has to do with this. My comparison was between Germany and Nederland.

Third, since you've mention it, this shit of a team you called Greece, won their major trophy 10 years ago.
                                Your team won their one and only title 26 years ago, if I remember well.
                                So sit back and watch the great Nationalmannschaft. You don't deserve to look in their eyes as equal.
                                Your flying bullshit team is more like Greece level.
                                They weren't, aren't and never going to be a great team!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X