X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany 1 - 0 Argentina

FIFA World Cup 2014, Final
    Germany v Argentina

Stadium: Estadio do Maracana (Rio de Janeiro)
    Kick-off: Sunday, 13 July 2014, 21.00h

Germany 4-1 Argentina

or 4-0, maybe 5-1.

If Germany loses to this weak Argentinean side, everything I've ever learned about football is a lie.

Comment

Müller get yourself a hattrick to win the game 3-0 please.

Comment

Must. Win. We cannot lose to Argentina, of all teams. And we have to deny messi the cup

Comment

Just because things rarely go the way I want it to in the World Cup, I have a feeling that Argentina will end up winning.

Comment

"Ballboy" will score again.

Comment

Originally posted by Preds View Post
              Just because things rarely go the way I want it to in the World Cup, I have a feeling that Argentina will end up winning.
              Fuck man...

2002: Germany
              2006: France
              2010: Holland
              2014: Germany

Comment

Originally posted by diDi7 View Post
                Fuck man...

2002: Germany
                2006: France
                2010: Holland
                2014: Argentina
                Fixed that for ya

Comment

Argentina trashed Germany two years ago

Comment

Brazil lost 7-1 on their home soil, Argentina is so ****ing shit and it would be a Nightmare to see them winning it. I just can't see Germany not winning this.

Comment

Originally posted by kocharyoda View Post
                      Brazil lost 7-1 on their home soil, Argentina is so ****ing shit and it would be a Nightmare to see them winning it. I just can't see Germany not winning this.
                      They did nothing against a team that held posession against them but didn't have the quality to capitalize on it. Hard to believe they would be able to put up a fight against a team that will hold more possession and have way more than enough to make them look bad.

Plus, if this means anything, we'll definitely have the crowd on our side.

Comment

Algeria wanted revenge for 1982.
                        France wanted revenge for 1986.
                        Argentina wants revenge for 1990.

If you know what I mean :P

Comment

Originally posted by RouhRouh View Post
                          Algeria wanted revenge for 1982.
                          France wanted revenge for 1986.
                          Argentina wants revenge for 1990.

If you know what I mean :P
                          Plus, you could say Germany got their revenge for 2002.

Now, the definitive revenge for 1986.

Comment

That was the friendly where Zieler was sent off on 25', Hummels left with a head injury in the first 15 minutes, Lahm was at the hospital with his wife, and Schweinsteiger and Neuer were out injured, right? Excellent predictive value. We're doomed, everybody.

That being said, nobody should take Argentina lightly. They haven't been giving up many goals, and Messi is Messi. Anything can happen in one game. The match against Brazil was amazing, but nobody expected to be facing HSV's defense. We will have to really earn this.

Comment

Originally posted by ameitz View Post
                              That was the friendly where Zieler was sent off on 25', Hummels left with a head injury in the first 15 minutes, Lahm was at the hospital with his wife, and Schweinsteiger and Neuer were out injured, right? Excellent predictive value. We're doomed, everybody.

That being said, nobody should take Argentina lightly. They haven't been giving up many goals, and Messi is Messi. Anything can happen in one game. The match against Brazil was amazing, but nobody expected to be facing HSV's defense. We will have to really earn this.
                              I would be surprised if anyone genuinely is. It's the World Cup Final and in a one-off game anything can happen. Plus, if this tournament is anything to go by, then expecting the unexpected is probably the logical course of action. But with that being said, I had a strong preference to facing Argentina over the Dutch as it removes that derby effect on the game where form goes out the window.

If the team selection is correct by Loew and the players play to their potential, then they really have every chance of winning it.

Comment

Working...
                              X