X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am watching it too it’s not a bad game thus far

Leerdam cheese is very good for Seattle
    Last edited by Bayer; 09-12-2017, 23:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayer View Post
      I am watching it too it’s not a bad game thus far

Leerdam cheese is very good for Seattle
      I'm really impressed by Toronto's Osorio - he's been playing a hell of a game. Altidore is as dangerous-yet-impotent as always. Yeah, I really like Leerdam, he's without a doubt one of our best signings ever.

Btw, our leftback, Joevin Jones (from Trinidad), is going joining Darmstadt this winter break.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
        I'm really impressed by Toronto's Osorio - he's been playing a hell of a game. Altidore is as dangerous-yet-impotent as always. Yeah, I really like Leerdam, he's without a doubt one of our best signings ever.

Btw, our leftback, Joevin Jones (from Trinidad), is going joining Darmstadt this winter break.
        I don’t know the teams well enough to judge, Osorio looked strong he had a good chance yes. Seattle has 2 players I like - Lodeiro and Dempsey. How’ve they been doing besides this game?

Haha do you rate him high for BL football?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayer View Post
          I don’t know the teams well enough to judge, Osorio looked strong he had a good chance yes. Seattle has 2 players I like - Lodeiro and Dempsey. How’ve they been doing besides this game?

Haha do you rate him high for BL football?
          Lodeiro's been too quiet this season for my liking, but he's without a doubt our most dangerous creative player. His first season here, he singlehandedly turned us around from one of the worst teams in the whole league (both halves) to winning the MLS cup. Dempsey is Dempsey - lazy, selfish, and one of the greatest US soccer heroes of all time. It's hard to hate him he's just so good when he wants to be. Every so often he pulls a Ronaldinho and does something completely impossible and we all just sort of shrug and go "yup, that's Dempsey."

I think Jones has the skill to do very well in the 2. BuLi, hopefully he will be able to save Darmstadt from relegation. Dunno how he'd do in the BuLi as the competition is far more than he's ever seen before, but he's really a very skilled player. This match has not been a good example of it, but he's normally exceedingly decisive - he's the type of fullback who cuts into the midfield at top speed and does something threatening with the ball 9 times out of 10.

Comment

Lodeiro's been too quiet this season for my liking, but he's without a doubt our most dangerous creative player. His first season here, he singlehandedly turned us around from one of the worst teams in the whole league (both halves) to winning the MLS cup. Dempsey is Dempsey - lazy, selfish, and one of the greatest US soccer heroes of all time. It's hard to hate him he's just so good when he wants to be. Every so often he pulls a Ronaldinho and does something completely impossible and we all just sort of shrug and go "yup, that's Dempsey."

I think Jones has the skill to do very well in the 2. BuLi, hopefully he will be able to save Darmstadt from relegation. Dunno how he'd do in the BuLi as the competition is far more than he's ever seen before, but he's really a very skilled player. This match has not been a good example of it, but he's normally exceedingly decisive - he's the type of fullback who cuts into the midfield at top speed and does something threatening with the ball 9 times out of 10.

I’d say both Lodeiro and Dempsey are way too lazy and unconstant, overall they made too little out of the talent they had.

I’ve honestly seen a very good match thus far, Toronto showed glimpses of good football. Seattle are well placed tactically, besides this mistake that cost a goal. I think times are mature enough in the US to judge the teams on level with European leagues. I am liking Sounders’ fullbacks a lot here

Comment

100% deserved, well done Toronto and SCT

Comment

America is so weak we can't even win the MLS cup

Merci, Obama

Comment

Gotta stop those pesky frères across the border steal America's trophies.

Time to build another wall.

Comment

Why is the MLS Cup played in a single final format, the whole fucking playoff is played on 2-legged format...

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                      Why is the MLS Cup played in a single final format, the whole fucking playoff is played on 2-legged format...
                      Just like the UCL?

Comment

Just like the UCL?
                        I meant more in comparison to other leagues in the US, when the PO is played in multiple ties, normally the final is too.

I mean, the MLS Cup is not the Super Bowl, instead of having one single super final, have two, played on the home stadiums of two teams who made there.
                        It should be like this for the UCL too, but money speaks louder.

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                          I meant more in comparison to other leagues in the US, when the PO is played in multiple ties, normally the final is too.

I mean, the MLS Cup is not the Super Bowl, instead of having one single super final, have two, played on the home stadiums of two teams who made there.
                          It should be like this for the UCL too, but money speaks louder.
                          I agree generally, I do think it's stupid that the team with more league points plays the single-legged final at home.. That said, do prefer the single leg match-up. A two-leg final is just silly, what happens when one team wins the first leg 4-0, but they still have to play the 2nd leg? No one will be excited for it, it's basically a waste.

Comment

One leg finals are retarded no matter what tbh

Away goal rule, random draws and one leg finals in tournaments where every other match in knockout stage is played in two legs are the most retarded things ever

I agree generally, I do think it's stupid that the team with more league points plays the single-legged final at home.. That said, do prefer the single leg match-up. A two-leg final is just silly, what happens when one team wins the first leg 4-0, but they still have to play the 2nd leg? No one will be excited for it, it's basically a waste.
                            You say that but how hype would it be if the other team managed to make an insane historical comeback? Also lots of finals are close, a 1-goal game or tied game for a second leg builds up a lot of hype. You only need to look at every other game in the UCL except for finals between big teams to see that your argument is kind of dumb and the matches are usually super hype.

Takes 180 minutes to go past teams to the final, but only 90 to be crowned champions. That's lame as fuck, a whole lot of things can happen with an extra 90 minutes.
                            Last edited by kailip; 11-12-2017, 03:21.

Comment

Originally posted by kailip View Post
                              One leg finals are retarded no matter what tbh

Away goal rule, random draws and one leg finals in tournaments where every other match in knockout stage is played in two legs are the most retarded things ever

You say that but how hype would it be if the other team managed to make an insane historical comeback? Also lots of finals are close, a 1-goal game or tied game for a second leg builds up a lot of hype. You only need to look at every other game in the UCL except for finals between big teams to see that your argument is kind of dumb and the matches are usually super hype.

Takes 180 minutes to go past teams to the final, but only 90 to be crowned champions. That's lame as fuck, a whole lot of things can happen with an extra 90 minutes.
                              Again, I get the argument, but that's how all the major leagues I know of do things. Complain to UEFA before complaining about MLS.

Comment

Again, I get the argument, but that's how all the major leagues I know of do things. Complain to UEFA before complaining about MLS.
                                Well, it's the norm here in South America at least in League deciding titles, some cups also have this (i mean, the Libertadores is played on a two-legged final, but distances in South America are also greater and the continent is not as wealthy as Europe).

I actually wasn't complaining, just was really surprised because i though for sure it would be a 2-legged final.
                                Last edited by L4nd3r; 11-12-2017, 05:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X