Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like Button

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Nice to have the feature, but goddamn the UI is bad. Especially below each user's profile pic. Good lord, we don't really need to see stats like that.

    Comment


    • #17
      You could collapse it but too much effort

      Comment


      • #18
        first of all .. thank you for restoring the functionality of the like button, it's indeed one of the most requested features here.

        I think in terms of graphical interface, what makes BZ standout from the others is it's cleaner look. there is no flashy signatures or any other effects that disturb the calm look of the main theme or template.

        but after the introduction of the new/old feature, the whole forum seems a bit cluttered.
        here is my suggestion to face lift it a bit;

        - personal stats should be folded by default (it's unfolded now).
        - I do not see the point of adding both (Thanks for the post & Like thumbs up) the latter should suffice to show both appreciation and fascination.
        - post statistics underneath each post showing how many likes/dislikes/thanks. should be removed as well, the drop down menu showing the overall stats of a member should be enough, if not completely removed then it should be shorten to minimum description. (# likes & # disliks).
        - finally the like & dislike icons should be relocated beside the Edit/Quote buttons.

        example :



        Thank you, again

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
          first of all .. thank you for restoring the functionality of the like button, it's indeed one of the most requested features here.

          I think in terms of graphical interface, what makes BZ standout from the others is it's cleaner look. there is no flashy signatures or any other effects that disturb the calm look of the main theme or template.

          but after the introduction of the new/old feature, the whole forum seems a bit cluttered.
          here is my suggestion to face lift it a bit;

          - personal stats should be folded by default (it's unfolded now).
          - I do not see the point of adding both (Thanks for the post & Like thumbs up) the latter should suffice to show both appreciation and fascination.
          - post statistics underneath each post showing how many likes/dislikes/thanks. should be removed as well, the drop down menu showing the overall stats of a member should be enough, if not completely removed then it should be shorten to minimum description. (# likes & # disliks).
          - finally the like & dislike icons should be relocated beside the Edit/Quote buttons.

          example :



          Thank you, again

          I totally agree
          and I also think we should have the "unlike" option

          Comment


          • #20
            Sakujo - We appreciate your input and have made the following modifications to the Like feature, as you requested:
            1. Removed the "Thanks" button option and left the "Like" button
            2. Removed the stats underneath the posts (just let us know if you want it to come back!)
            We are reviewing the documentation to see if we can find fixes for your other suggestions. Thanks for the feedback!

            Comment


            • #21
              The stats are still there though

              Comment


              • #22
                Sorry, this is a learning process. We are still trying to figure this out.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hidden stats that can be seen with the expand button are cool IMO.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    ok this looks ten times better, just move the like/dislike button next to the quote button and it's all set

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Adm View Post
                      Sorry, this is a learning process. We are still trying to figure this out.
                      Appreciate the effort!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Adm View Post
                        Sakujo - We appreciate your input and have made the following modifications to the Like feature, as you requested:
                        1. Removed the "Thanks" button option and left the "Like" button
                        2. Removed the stats underneath the posts (just let us know if you want it to come back!)
                        We are reviewing the documentation to see if we can find fixes for your other suggestions. Thanks for the feedback!
                        Thank you for your effort and quick responses.
                        The forum already looks much better.
                        Looking forward for more fixes and improvrments.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Just got back from work and saw all of the hard effort Adm put into these improvements - thank you so much!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Thanks for the quick turnaround, Adm.
                            Any chance we can remove the "Dislike" button and track only the like button?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Where's the dislike button?

                              Booooooooooo

                              And now you guys can't dislike me for my opinion either

                              So booooooooooooooo

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Love the quick response.
                                Cheers, Adm and the rest of BZ staff!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X