No announcement yet.

Like Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind the dislike button but I lean towards not having it.
    my main issue with it is the possible trolls abusing the feature to you know .. Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
      I don't mind the dislike button but I lean towards not having it.
      my main issue with it is the possible trolls abusing the feature to you know .. Troll.
      You mean like diDi once did the same thing with the like button once? That's not a solution tbh, just ban any trolls, easy

Comment

Originally posted by kailip View Post
        You mean like diDi once did the same thing with the like button once? That's not a solution tbh, just ban any trolls, easy
        you can't ban people for liking or disliking posts, there is no 100% way to tell if somebody is being a troll or genuinely like or dislike a post.
        the difference here is, that the like button rarely used to spread negativity while the dislike one could be easily used to stir up drama and an unnecessary friction in the community.

Comment

you can't ban people for liking or disliking posts, there is no 100% way to tell if somebody is being a troll or genuinely like or dislike a post.
          the difference here is, that the like button rarely used to spread negativity while the dislike one could be easily used to stir up drama and an unnecessary friction in the community.
          Could've changed it to "respectfully disagree".

Comment

Still, it doesn't make entire sense for a community of members to have a dislike button. It's unnecessary and (dare I say it) childish. It promotes negativity marginally and the dopamine hit for a user is minimal. We should just stick to the like button for these reasons. Besides, whenever anyone in the community disagrees with a post it's almost always replied to/brough up to discuss.

A dislike button kind of kills the room for more discussions to grow from my point of view.

Comment

if you disagree with someone, just don't like his post
              You still have the option to reply and prove him wrong

I don't really mind the dislike button too but I find it as an unnecessary option in the forum and I think not having it is a better choice

Comment

Exactly, let's have some life up in this biatch, this is a football forum not a crochet forum

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                Could've changed it to "respectfully disagree".
                Disrespectfully disagree

Comment

Originally posted by kailip View Post
                  Exactly, let's have some life up in this biatch, this is a football forum not a crochet forum
                  If you want drama, tune into an Indian soap opera on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by RJNair View Post
                    If you want drama, tune into an Indian soap opera on YouTube.
                    Hit me up with a good one and I will unironically give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                      if you disagree with someone, just don't like his post
                      You still have the option to reply and prove him wrong

I don't really mind the dislike button too but I find it as an unnecessary option in the forum and I think not having it is a better choice
                      I remember a few amazing debates over the years where one person had 10+ likes and another had 0. That stark silence speaks way stronger than a dislike IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                        I remember a few amazing debates over the years where one person had 10+ likes and another had 0. That stark silence speaks way stronger than a dislike IMHO.
                        Dislike

Comment

Maybe the name of the members who liked the post should be larger?..Bold?...the place of it?...

Comment

Is there any way we can remove the total likes a thread has got? (Displayed on the top right above the first post on the page.)

Seems like a really weird and pointless metric to have.

Comment

Why is dislike text still there when button is deleted? It's meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                                Why is dislike text still there when button is deleted? It's meaningless
                                Haven't figured out a way to remove it. What, you think it's intentional ?

Comment

Working...
                                X