Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Forum Update

Hello Everyone,
    I just wanted to announce that it is time to upgrade the forum software. Unfortunately, the new upgrade will drastically change the look and feel of the site. The style/theme being used currently does not transfer up to the latest version of the software and will be lost. All the data of the forums will remain intact(threads, posts, etc.), but the website will look very different. I know this is not ideal, which is why I put it off for as long as possible. Unfortunately, the security support for the software is ending and is no longer compatible with current, supported versions of PHP (web server software). Many hosting providers are moving up to higher versions of PHP as mandatory, and if this forum doesn't upgrade to support those current versions of PHP then the forum will stop working altogether. This upgrade obviously isn't ideal as it will change things, but it has become inevitable. I will be upgrading the software right around the end of the month, and figured everyone would appreciate the notice. Thank you!

Are the likes system staying? You had so much trouble bringing it back that would be a shame to lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
      Are the likes system staying? You had so much trouble bringing it back that would be a shame to lose it.
      When Adm brought this up with us in the mod discussion forum, he explicitly mentioned the likes system as something that we are prioritizing. It’s difficult to know ahead of time how seamlessly that can be transitioned, but yes, the intent is to do everything we can to keep it intact.

Comment

No worries... I use it on Tapatalk anyway

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
          No worries... I use it on Tapatalk anyway
          This probably will mean that the integration with Tapatalk is going to be better. Maybe we will finally see your emojis?

Comment

That's sad, love the look and feel of the current site. But you were obviously left with no choice, interested to see the new design anyway.

Comment

Damn, this forum has been relatively unchanged since I first joined eight years ago. Will be interesting to see though I guess.

Comment

I just hope the new design will still be kept with a "Bayern" touch to it, I like the current design old school or not.

Comment

Yes! Make this forum great again!

Last edited by St3ph3n; 17-11-2019, 09:03.

Comment

So the "like" system will be available in the upgrade. It will function a little differently but it will be there.....trying to maintain most of the colors and logo of the current version of the forum as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Adm View Post
                      So the "like" system will be available in the upgrade. It will function a little differently but it will be there.....trying to maintain most of the colors and logo of the current version of the forum as well.
                      When are we getting the new forum? The end of this month or?

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                        When are we getting the new forum? The end of this month or?
                        It's going to be the end of the month. I'm looking at possibly the 27th, Wednesday next week. I'll make an announcement when I know the day for sure because the forums will be down for a bit.

Comment

I'm going to be doing the forum update at 14:00 Munich time on Wednesday, the 27th of November. I looked back at the old update time we had used for the last upgrade and figured I'll do it at the same time as the last one. The forum will probably be down for a few hours. Probably not completely down the entire time, but intermittently.

Comment

Forum update has been completed. However, I know this is going to be a bit of a work-in-progress. I already had to fix many things that were broken from doing the upgrade including: the links, the like button, emojis, posting permissions (which is why nobody could post for a little while), etc. Because of all these incompatibilities that have already emerged, I fully expect there to be other things that will have to be fixed along the way. Please just post any issues you come across in the feedback forum. This will definitely help, because many of these things are inevitable when doing such a big upgrade on a very custom forum. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X