BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum

BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum (https://www.bayernzone.com/index.php)
-   Bundesliga (https://www.bayernzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   FC Bayern München 3 - 1 SV Darmstadt 98 (https://www.bayernzone.com/showthread.php?t=4664)

Trim 17-02-2016 22:15

FC Bayern München 3 - 1 SV Darmstadt 98

Bundesliga 2015/16, Matchday 22
FC Bayern München v SV Darmstadt 98

Stadium: Allianz Arena (Munich)
Kick-off: Saturday, 20 February 2016, 15.30h

DanaSchofield 18-02-2016 08:51

Rode to start? He was great against them in September

Grey 18-02-2016 10:19

They're missing five(!) players through yellow-card suspensions accrued last match.

DanaSchofield 18-02-2016 10:27

Well then; we have no excuses

igorthebrave 18-02-2016 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaSchofield (Post 457703)
Rode to start? He was great against them in September

I convince myself that Rode has to be a starter before every single match and always end up disappointed. The only reason he'll stay beyond this summer is the new coach, because he's done very well when we needed him but yet sits on the bench forever while Vidal gets rewarded for average performances.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey (Post 457712)
They're missing five(!) players through yellow-card suspensions accrued last match.

Bayern away is the perfect matchday to get yellow card suspensions out of the way. They'd hardly take any points anyway. Much smart, very thoughtful.

DanaSchofield 18-02-2016 12:24

Rode > Vidal (based solely on this years performances obviously :p)

igorthebrave 18-02-2016 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaSchofield (Post 457726)
Rode > Vidal (based solely on this years performances obviously :p)

Before we signed Vidal and PSG extended their contract with Verratti, I was hoping we'd sign him and eventually play a Rode-Verratti Doppelsechs.

Verratti is definitely a bit overrated but is a damn fine player anyway. It would be a great midfield, full of hard work and relentlessness.

But back to the topic: Rode has to start.

uniqueplayer 18-02-2016 16:29

I wonder about the cb duo that Pep will use

igorthebrave 18-02-2016 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by uniqueplayer (Post 457736)
I wonder about the cb duo that Pep will use

Alaba-Kimmich worked pretty well. I doubt Darmstadt will put more pressure on them than Augsburg did.

Morlock 18-02-2016 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by igorthebrave (Post 457738)
Alaba-Kimmich worked pretty well. I doubt Darmstadt will put more pressure on them than Augsburg did.

would be good to have Tasci some minutes to run

igorthebrave 18-02-2016 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morlock (Post 457739)
would be good to have Tasci some minutes to run

Totally forgot we've signed him. :D

I think you're right. Maybe we could give Lahm and Alaba/Kimmich a full rest or a 45' break. Resting players do help keeping them fit. Given that we'll be playing a compromised Darmstadt at home, two great options for that are:

-- Bernat -- Tasci -- Kimmich -- Rafinha
or
-- Bernat -- Alaba -- Tasci -- Rafinha

mea95 18-02-2016 19:38

Benatia should play some minutes too

Grey 19-02-2016 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by igorthebrave (Post 457725)
Bayern away is the perfect matchday to get yellow card suspensions out of the way. They'd hardly take any points anyway. Much smart, very thoughtful.

I thought this too at first, but it's actually not true. Because the BuLi uses goal difference instead of head-to-head (like La Liga does) to decide point draws, it very much matters how many goals a team concedes. Just because they may be pretty sure they will lose doesn't mean they want to lose by 10+ goals. They have a strong incentive to lose by a goal or two rather than by a whole slew of them. Because of this, it doesn't really make too much sense to eat the suspensions all at once. Maybe one or two were on purpose but 5 at once? That would just be criminally stupid.

igorthebrave 19-02-2016 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey (Post 457753)
I thought this too at first, but it's actually not true. Because the BuLi uses goal difference instead of head-to-head (like La Liga does) to decide point draws, it very much matters how many goals a team concedes. Just because they may be pretty sure they will lose doesn't mean they want to lose by 10+ goals. They have a strong incentive to lose by a goal or two rather than by a whole slew of them. Because of this, it doesn't really make too much sense to eat the suspensions all at once. Maybe one or two were on purpose but 5 at once? That would just be criminally stupid.

Did a quick Wiki run here and found five pairs of teams tied in points in the last three Bundesliga seasons (out of 51 ties possible theoretically?). It's a 10% chance to tie in points with another team. A bit more than that because the chances are higher on the bottom half of the table where Darmstadt are more likely to end up, but everyone beyond 13th place is expected to take a beating or two from Bayern anyway.

What are we doing with our lives anyway? Hahaha :D

Grey 19-02-2016 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by igorthebrave (Post 457755)
Did a quick Wiki run here and found five pairs of teams tied in points in the last three Bundesliga seasons (out of 51 ties possible theoretically?). It's a 10% chance to tie in points with another team. A bit more than that because the chances are higher on the bottom half of the table where Darmstadt are more likely to end up, but everyone beyond 13th place is expected to take a beating or two from Bayern anyway.

What are we doing with our lives anyway? Hahaha :D

Damn Igor, I'm impressed.