BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum

BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum (https://www.bayernzone.com/index.php)
-   Players (https://www.bayernzone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #27 David Alaba (https://www.bayernzone.com/showthread.php?t=581)

Trim 06-03-2010 21:41

#27 David Alaba

David Alaba

http://i.imgur.com/dlBdIXv.jpg

Full name David Olatokunbo Alaba
Nationality Austria
Date of birth 24.06.1992
Place of birth Vienna, Austria
Height 1.75 m
Playing position Midfielder

Filo 10-03-2010 18:25

Faith fully repaid
Praise all round for record-breaker Alaba

Quote:

For the tricky Champions League trip to Fiorentina, Louis van Gaal could have opted for experienced EURO 2008 campaigner Danijel Pranjic at left-back. He might have chosen to switch Philipp Lahm over from the right. Or he had the option of 17 year-old David Alaba to stand in for the injured Diego Contento, himself just two years older. “I don’t know what the coach will decide, but if he starts with David Alaba, I’ll fully support him. David’s only 17, but a lot older in terms of ability. I’d have no problem starting with him,” Director of Sport Christian Nerlinger declared beforehand.

Alaba tops the chart

Neat, strong in the tackle, a good reader of the game and hugely comfortable in possession, Alaba played the ball more often than any other man on the park. He expertly contained the dangerous Marco Marchionni, especially in the first half, and increasingly found time for forays into the opposition half too. The 17-year-old visibly tired after the interval, but dug deep and kept going right to the end of his first appearance in Europe’s elite club competition.

Van Gaal ‘very happy’

The head coach declared himself “very happy” with Alaba’s display. “He’s 17, it was his first appearance, and on this stage too,” Van Gaal enthused. “He did his job, both when we had the ball and when we didn’t, so he’s repaid my faith in him.” Bastian Schweinsteiger was equally impressed: “He did exceptionally well for a 17-year-old in his first Champions League match.”
http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/new...949413edd90b81

Trim 18-03-2010 00:15

According to "Sport Bild", Alaba will sign a professional contract, which will keep him at the club until 2013, on his 18th birthday in June.

Profi-Vertrag für Bayern-Jungstar Alaba - Goal.com

Trim 19-03-2010 03:00

Came across this good article on David Alaba:

David Alaba: Louis van Gaal's new jewel - IMScouting

Snake 15-04-2010 02:12

Why isnt this kid being atleast on the bench? Just because of 1 game it doesnt mean he aint worth another try.

parujd 15-04-2010 04:16

Alaba is a very promising player. But please don't put him in LB again. He's much better in midfield. But when he gets more matured, he could be a multi-position man for us. Not now...not so soon.

Filo 15-04-2010 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake (Post 12073)
Why isnt this kid being atleast on the bench? Just because of 1 game it doesnt mean he aint worth another try.

I think it's because he'll get no minutes. Remmember that FCB reserve team plays the same day that FC Bayern does, or 1 day difference. So it's either him getting match practice or sitting in the bench!

Snake 15-04-2010 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filo (Post 12079)
I think it's because he'll get no minutes. Remmember that FCB reserve team plays the same day that FC Bayern does, or 1 day difference. So it's either him getting match practice or sitting in the bench!

Im afraid that he might have lost his chance. Kinda looks like Chelsea's Kakuta and Ancelloti saga. 1 screw up and you disappear from the 1st team.

Filo 02-06-2010 17:37

When is Alaba going to sign a professional contract? He is the only one missing from the youth that were promoted last year.

lupin5 02-06-2010 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filo (Post 15550)
When is Alaba going to sign a professional contract? He is the only one missing from the youth that were promoted last year.

when he gets 18 (around end of this June) :D

Charlie 07-06-2010 05:05

The kid is young, he still has a bright future with Bayern.

Vullkan 07-06-2010 16:59

He has potential to be a great player hope he can cope the pression at Bayern.

Charlie 07-06-2010 21:33

The best thing for him would be to get loaned out so that he gets much needed Bundesliga match practice time. He can still have a great future with Bayern, but needs to match practice and currently he wont be able to do so with the senior squad.

kala 07-06-2010 22:10

A good idea ofcourse... And I expect that will happen for him and maybe Ekici

Trim 17-06-2010 00:58

Quote:

A Sport-Bild interview with Christian Nerlinger...

The story makes mention of David Alaba as a fill-in for Van Bommel and/or Schweinsteiger as a DM. To me, this reads as a hint that Andreas Ottl will stay in Nürnberg, considering Tymoshchuk seems bullish on staying in Munich in recent interviews. Meanwhile, Alaba seems a test case for Louis van Gaal’s “Total Football” variants.
Sport-Bild via Bayern Offside