View Single Post
Old 28-06-2017, 21:58   #174
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Exactly.

And another thing is that he always shows up on the biggest stage. Some would say "yeah but he got a red card", but they seems to forget he was the only midfielder who really did something against Real Madrid.

Like I said many times when you have to do the work for 3 (as much as I like Thiago, he dissapeared against Real), then offcourse you gonna make mistakes. A slow and past it alonso with a Thiago who crumbled or just didnt show up, Vidal was the only midfielder really.
Thiago was great against Real until the red card. Vastly superior to Kroos, who ironically never showed up until the red card.

What I don't like about Vidal is that showing up one game a season isn't enough, no matter how big that game is. Vidal at his core is a wild card that can't be relied upon, so why rely on it at the absolute most critical time? That's what I don't get. Anyway, there's no denying that Vidal and Sanchez are a matched pair, so if Sanchez coming here brings the best out of Vidal then that's just yet another perk of having Sanchez.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10