Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Former Players & Coaches

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2019, 22:59   #5296
Bayer
Wodan Heerst
 
Bayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Naples, Italy
Posts: 4,127
Likes: 1213
Tbh according to the Ballon d'Or standards back in the days, Müller should've won it hands down lol
BZ Squad member3
Bayer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Grey (05-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 23:21   #5297
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 7,204
Likes: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Schweinsteiger was head, shoulder, and torso superior to Ribery that season. And Robben, despite playing half the season, was dramatically more instrumental to our most high-profile successes. I’ll even make a strong argument that the unstoppable bull himself, Javi Martinez, was more important for us that season. Ribery was great, but he was already starting to decline from his peak in 2011-12.
Nope. This is the hill i'm choosing to die on, Ribery did not decline after 2011-12, yes, he scored less goals, but his performance on the Bundesliga was just gigantic, and he also gave Robben the assist for that goal. His form on the beginning of 2013-14 was great too.

If there were metrics that appreciate Schweinsteiger role better i do agree that he deserved a nod together with Ribery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
Tbh according to the Ballon d'Or standards back in the days, Müller should've won it hands down lol
If the prize was still France Football's, i think he would've won(if i'm not mistaken he won the journalists vote). The National Team manager and captains were just too much of a gap to Ribery surpass Cristiano or Messi popularity.

Last edited by L4nd3r; 05-05-2019 at 23:25.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
Bayer (05-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 23:27   #5298
OnlyInsider
Münchens wahre liebe
 
OnlyInsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Esbjerg
Posts: 6,202
Likes: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Nope. This is the hill i'm choosing to die on, Ribery did not decline after 2011-12, yes, he scored less goals, but his performance on the Bundesliga was just gigantic, and he also gave Robben the assist for that goal. His form on the beginning of 2013-14 was great too.

If there were metrics that appreciate Schweinsteiger role better i do agree that he deserved a nod together with Ribery.



If the prize was still France Football's, i think he would've won(if i'm not mistaken he won the journalists vote). The National Team manager and captains were just too much of a gap to Ribery surpass Cristiano or Messi popularity.
Why did they ever remove it from France Football btw? To me it seemed to be a way more serious price back then and way more valuable as well. Today the Ballon d'Or is mostly considered a joke or a popularity contest at best.
BZ Squad member6
OnlyInsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 23:33   #5299
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 7,204
Likes: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInsider View Post
Why did they ever remove it from France Football btw? To me it seemed to be a way more serious price back then and way more valuable as well. Today the Ballon d'Or is mostly considered a joke or a popularity contest at best.
They didn't remove it, FIFA and France Football partnered and unified ($$$$) both prizes (FIFA World Player + Ballon d'Or), but FF went back to doing it solo after 2015 and FIFA brought back FIFA Best player.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 23:44   #5300
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 20,790
Likes: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Nope. This is the hill i'm choosing to die on, Ribery did not decline after 2011-12, yes, he scored less goals, but his performance on the Bundesliga was just gigantic, and he also gave Robben the assist for that goal. His form on the beginning of 2013-14 was great too.

If there were metrics that appreciate Schweinsteiger role better i do agree that he deserved a nod together with Ribery.



If the prize was still France Football's, i think he would've won(if i'm not mistaken he won the journalists vote). The National Team manager and captains were just too much of a gap to Ribery surpass Cristiano or Messi popularity.
He had more goals in 2012-13, but he was the assist leader of Europe in 2011-12. It was that season where it didn’t matter how many men Ribery was marked by, he would get around all of them and assost Gomez for the simplest tap-ins of all time. 2011-12 was a type of slippery I’ve never seen before. He definitely lost some of that in 2012-13. Don’t get me wrong, he was still an exceptionally good player then, but he changed his game a bit to hide his declining guile.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 00:09   #5301
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fortaleza
Posts: 7,204
Likes: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
He had more goals in 2012-13, but he was the assist leader of Europe in 2011-12. It was that season where it didn’t matter how many men Ribery was marked by, he would get around all of them and assost Gomez for the simplest tap-ins of all time. 2011-12 was a type of slippery I’ve never seen before. He definitely lost some of that in 2012-13. Don’t get me wrong, he was still an exceptionally good player then, but he changed his game a bit to hide his declining guile.
You see, that's how i remember his 2012-13 Bundesliga season, he was just overpowering everyone else, totally unstoppable. There's a reason why kicker gave him a 2,10 grade in comparison to 2,65 to 2011-12.


Man, never thought i would say this, but thanks to Ribery for being dumb as knob and having sex with a underage prostitute, or else he would've left to Real fucking Madrid and none of this would've happened.

Last edited by L4nd3r; 06-05-2019 at 00:14.
BZ Squad member27
L4nd3r is online now  
Reply With Quote
The above post is liked by:
FernandoBR (06-05-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 09:17   #5302
micky
A good Christian
 
micky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rhein-Neckar
Posts: 5,942
Likes: 546
Imo Ribéry's decline started after the 2013/14 season, and he should've left a season later (so after 2014/15). But until then he was probably the single most influential attacking player in terms of both scoring goals and creating chances for others. Ribs at his peak will always be one of my all time favorite Bayern players. Ribs post 2014/15 not so much though.
BZ Squad member22
micky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:07   #5303
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,552
Likes: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Schweinsteiger was head, shoulder, and torso superior to Ribery that season. And Robben, despite playing half the season, was dramatically more instrumental to our most high-profile successes. I’ll even make a strong argument that the unstoppable bull himself, Javi Martinez, was more important for us that season. Ribery was great, but he was already starting to decline from his peak in 2011-12.
Seems like your stance is more who was more important to Bayern than who was actually the best player for us though. I don’t disagree with you. But facts are when it comes to a Ballon... a guy like Lewa would win it before Thiago. Thiago is more important for us. But Lewa is the best player for accolades. So this is the same back then. Yes Bastian was crucial for us. But Ribery was the best for accolades.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 13:57   #5304
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 20,790
Likes: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
Seems like your stance is more who was more important to Bayern than who was actually the best player for us though. I don’t disagree with you. But facts are when it comes to a Ballon... a guy like Lewa would win it before Thiago. Thiago is more important for us. But Lewa is the best player for accolades. So this is the same back then. Yes Bastian was crucial for us. But Ribery was the best for accolades.
Best for accolades does not mean "best player" and is a large part of why Lahm never once comes up in these discussions.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 14:31   #5305
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,552
Likes: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Best for accolades does not mean "best player" and is a large part of why Lahm never once comes up in these discussions.
Yes but the Ballon is for the best player with accolades. That's why guys who don't have goal and assist totals rarely win. I don't disagree with you that the best player doesn't always win the Ballon. Bc there are plenty of guys who affect a game in huge ways that don't light up a stat sheet. I more or less explaining why Ribery was in the conversation for the Ballon and not Bastian and other key players for us. Hence why if you look at the guys in the conversation each year its all goal scorers.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 14:47   #5306
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 20,790
Likes: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
Yes but the Ballon is for the best player with accolades. That's why guys who don't have goal and assist totals rarely win. I don't disagree with you that the best player doesn't always win the Ballon. Bc there are plenty of guys who affect a game in huge ways that don't light up a stat sheet. I more or less explaining why Ribery was in the conversation for the Ballon and not Bastian and other key players for us. Hence why if you look at the guys in the conversation each year its all goal scorers.
Is that why Modric won last year?
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 17:06   #5307
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,552
Likes: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Is that why Modric won last year?
And look at the last God knows how many years in the past and see who’s won. It’s all goal scorers.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 17:24   #5308
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 20,790
Likes: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
And look at the last God knows how many years in the past and see who’s won. It’s all goal scorers.
So then you freely admit that Robery wasn’t Bayern’s best player and that he was only nominated to give a nod to Bayern’s success without any real risk that a Bayern player would win the award.

Thanks for playing along.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 18:05   #5309
Muller25
BZ Member
 
Muller25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,552
Likes: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
So then you freely admit that Robery wasn’t Bayern’s best player and that he was only nominated to give a nod to Bayern’s success without any real risk that a Bayern player would win the award.

Thanks for playing along.
My 1st post said that. So not sure why you're acting surprised about that. Its a fact though generally. Like I used the example of... Lewa would win a Ballon before Thiago would. When Thiago is more important for us. Its just how the award is. So to complain that Ribery was nominated over other Bayern players is just not understanding how they give out this award.

Last edited by Muller25; 06-05-2019 at 18:34.
BZ Squad member58
Muller25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 19:14   #5310
Grey
Free Cascadia
 
Grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Rainforest
Posts: 20,790
Likes: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller25 View Post
My 1st post said that. So not sure why you're acting surprised about that. Its a fact though generally. Like I used the example of... Lewa would win a Ballon before Thiago would. When Thiago is more important for us. Its just how the award is. So to complain that Ribery was nominated over other Bayern players is just not understanding how they give out this award.
Yes, your first post contained that info, and yet you positioned it as an argument against my point. I suppose I’m unclear thenhow your statement adds anything of value to this discussion except to repeat what I said.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Grey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


Follow BayernZone on Facebook Follow BayernZone on Twitter Contact Us

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:29.

Sponsors: Your link here? | Your link here? | Your link here?

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Allianz Arena icon by luca1980 / CC BY / Recolored

©2009 - 2017 BayernZone.com
This is a fan forum that is in no way affiliated with FC Bayern München AG.