Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > International Competitions

Old 02-06-2012, 21:33   #901
Scooter

You're excused
Old 03-06-2012, 23:50   #902
Charlie
Banned

Bayern Munich president Hoeness hits out at Fifa

Quote:
Uli Hoeness has accused Fifa of foul play in its operations, describing it as an institution where president Sepp Blatter calls all the shots.

The Bayern supremo pulled no punches for some of his former collaborators, notably Theo Zwanziger, who presided over the German Football Association [DFB] between 2006 and 2012 before joining the international body's Executive Committee.

"Many decisions taken in the past ten to fifteen years have not been made the right way," Hoeness said at the event.

"There is no people left in the sport that are pure, they only tend to come from accounting firms or CEOs of major corporations.

"[Blatter's] just been re-elected until 2015 but I hope he too does not stay on until he is 78 or 80 [referring to former president Joao Havelange].

"We should also not expect anything from [Zwanziger], he has been fooled," Hoeness said.

The Bayern president then added that Fifa needed a vast overhaul that would make it a more transparent, reliable organisation.

He also criticised his former team-mate and fellow Bayern official Franz Beckenbauer for his behaviour with regards to Fifa, saying the winner of the Ballon d'Or in 1972 and 1976 is "part of their mould".

Hoeness was speaking at a gathering in Hamburg organised by press company Recherche, which awarded the governing body with the sarcastic award of "Closed Oyster of the Year" for its lack of transparency and shady operations.

Fifa refused to send an emissary to attend the ceremony as Director of Communications Walter de Gregorio ironically claimed: "[Sepp Blatter] does not really like seafood, and his agenda is very busy at the moment.

"Besides they are a little late with their award, seeing as the Fifa oyster has opened up quite a bit."

Fifa has found itself in hot water for a series of controversies in recent times, including allegations of corruption and bribery within the organisation.
Bayern Munich president Hoeness hits out at Fifa - Goal.com
Old 08-06-2012, 13:28   #903
Bayernmike28
We are all Berni

Interesting from ESPN about the racism issue at EURO. This will be very interesting to see pan out since right now in my sport sociology class we are going over race in sport. Euro 2012: UEFA boss: Let refs punish racism | Live football and soccer news | ESPNFC.com
Old 11-06-2012, 16:17   #905
rohr
meeehhh

Pelé is a crazy douche old-fart. It is clear that Messi is the best player, Neymar always said that, since he started as a professional. I think only Pelé thinks that way.
BZ Squad member13
Old 12-06-2012, 16:05   #906
BayRan
BZ Member

Tax company have rejected Rangers proposal of a CVA meaning the club will now be liquidated and a new company will be formed
BZ Squad member24
Old 13-06-2012, 07:13   #907
mavros
Munchen 07-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRan View Post
Tax company have rejected Rangers proposal of a CVA meaning the club will now be liquidated and a new company will be formed
Does this mean you will be also dropped to the lowest league division?

Mate, I am really sad for this happening to a historic club like Rangers are.

I sympathize you, as my native team AEK Athens is probably going to end up the same way.

We've already been disqualified from the EL competition and we have to pay about 8M till the end of the month to avoid the worst scenario of liquidation and drop three divisions down.

Of course this money will be never found!
BZ Squad member17
Old 13-06-2012, 15:02   #908
badstuber
BZ Member

Is this guy serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiopsi
Quote:
Messi broke this season all time world record of goal scoring for a club, 73. How does this compare to other high goal scoring seasons of past greats? 67 Gerd Müller 72-73 was a European record for 39 years before Messi broke it. Pelé’s best goal scoring season was 1958 when he scored 66 goals.

But which of these incredible goal scoring seasons is the best one? Like, first glance you would say Pele’s and Müller’s seasons were better, because they played less games and had better goals per game ratio:

Messi 73/60 = 1,22 goals per game

Müller 67/49 = 1,37 goals per game

Pelé 66/46 = 1,43 goals per game

But then again, back then scoring was more of a premium than preventing goals, than nowadays. So it was easier to score on average and goals were scored in higher averages. Example Müller scored 12 of his 67 goals in DFP Ligapokal competition, were goal scoring average was 7.75. almost 8 per game! That’s pretty insane.

So how do you measure so different situations, so different times? One viable method to examine these is the so called era adjusting, used widely also in sports, to compare goal totals in different eras. It basicly takes into account both of the previous arguments, goal scoring averages, and amount of games played.

First you take the average number of goals scored in the particular competitions players played, and compare them to the particular player. From this you get the era adjustment ratio. Then you compare the amount of games played, which you get the schedule adjustment ratio. The overall ratio you get when you multiply: era adjustment ratio x schedule ratio.

In this table we have era adjusted statistics of Messi’s, Müller’s and Pelé’s, which would suggest that Messi’s current season actually was the best goal scoring season of them all:

Notes and data

http://king-football.com/bb/wp-conte...a-adjusted.png
Lionel Messi, Pelé, Gerd Müller best goal scoring seasons era adjusted | king-football.com

Full season stats updated.
Enjoy
Old 13-06-2012, 15:08   #909
Frostbone
_/\___^_^___*_*_--_

Quote:
Example Müller scored 12 of his 67 goals in DFP Ligapokal competition, were goal scoring average was 7.75. almost 8 per game! That’s pretty insane.
Someone doesn't know how to calculate or am I missing something here?
Old 13-06-2012, 16:16   #910
BayRan
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavros View Post
Does this mean you will be also dropped to the lowest league division?

Mate, I am really sad for this happening to a historic club like Rangers are.

I sympathize you, as my native team AEK Athens is probably going to end up the same way.

We've already been disqualified from the EL competition and we have to pay about 8M till the end of the month to avoid the worst scenario of liquidation and drop three divisions down.

Of course this money will be never found!
The other 11 clubs need to vote to allow us back into the SPL. If they has their heads on they would but a lot of hatred towards Rangers (and Celtic) from the rest of Scotland (jealousy ) and may vote against it. If they do then we would go to Division 3 (Scotland's 4th division).

Awful about AEK Hope they come back strong with Rangers, never knew things were as bad as that. Huge team as well.

Last edited by BayRan; 14-06-2012 at 21:08.
BZ Squad member24
Old 13-06-2012, 19:00   #911
mavros
Munchen 07-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRan View Post
The other 11 clubs need to vote to allow us back into the SPL. If they has their heads on they would but a lot of hatred towards Rangers (and Celtic) from the rest of Scotland (jealousy ) and may vote against it. If they do then we would go to Division 3 (Scotland's 4th division).

Awful about AEK Hope they come back strong with Rangers, never nines things were as bad as that. Huge team as well.
Thank you for your good words mate.
I believe at least Celtics will not vote against you. Its for their own good also.
Wish you the best and Im looking forward to meet you again on a CL game like the good old times!
BZ Squad member17
Old 13-06-2012, 19:55   #912
Bayernmike28
We are all Berni

I might not like Rangers but I hope to god you guys stay up even with a re brand. Without Rangers Celtic and Scotland are nothing.
Old 13-06-2012, 22:23   #913
Lembitu
BZ Member

SPL already is pretty much nothing. With Rangers or without. Shame to see a football club punished for their ignorant owners but thats life. I can see Celtic moving to Premier league or Championship just as Wales clubs, i.e. Swansea

Last edited by Lembitu; 13-06-2012 at 22:23. Reason: type-o
Old 13-06-2012, 22:47   #914
Bayernmike28
We are all Berni

Mods can we get a Scottish Football 2012/13 thread started? There is so much going on and is very important especially with the fallout of Rangers.
Old 13-06-2012, 22:50   #915
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbone View Post
Someone doesn't know how to calculate or am I missing something here?
Well, what you bolded, 7.75 does round up to "almost" 8. were there alot of 5-3, 4-3, 4-4, 6-2 style of score lines back in the 70's?