Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Discussions

View Poll Results: Your feelings about this HUGE game
bad, a loss, it's instinct , kovac... 0 0%
Loss 4 22.22%
Win 4 22.22%
Not sure...I keep my options open 9 50.00%
Win = huge win 0 0%
Loss = hard loss 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 22:57   #16
Blackroze
BZ Member

Kovac has a real decision to make. To go all in for Liverpool's shaky defence with James aided newly found possession game, or sit deep and look for counters. I would go with latter and depending on the result look how can we react in second leg.
Today's performance wasn't bad, it just needs fine tuning.
16/17 Predictions Winner
The above post is liked by:
Jimmy (09-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 00:45   #17
shay1962
BZ Member

Liverpool have a free weekend as its round 5 of the FA cup and they are out of it.
Old 10-02-2019, 13:09   #18
pzUH
BZ Member

The problem is that our defense is worse than them. Even when we're sit deep... xD
I'd prefer to counter-press them
OnlyInsider (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 18:22   #19
Ciriaco
BZ Member

This Bayern team is really unconventional and I think that might be our biggest advantage.
Old 10-02-2019, 18:52   #20
EM1R
𝓜𝓲𝓪 𝓢𝓪𝓷 𝓜𝓲𝓪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
This Bayern team is really unconventional and I think that might be our biggest advantage.
Not at this stage. Liverpool will torn us to pieces.
BZ Squad member21
FernandoBR (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 19:20   #21
bayern_fan
BZ Member

Even if we somehow go past liverpool then teams like City,Barcelona,Juventus,Real will be waiting us and under Kovac and the way we are playing chances are slim to none.
Old 10-02-2019, 19:28   #22
EM1R
𝓜𝓲𝓪 𝓢𝓪𝓷 𝓜𝓲𝓪

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern_fan View Post
Even if we somehow go past liverpool then teams like City,Barcelona,Juventus,Real will be waiting us and under Kovac and the way we are playing chances are slim to none.
Only serious opponents are City and Juventus there. Madrid are shit just like us, actually they're getting in good form just like we are. Barcelona are better than us currently, but i don't see them better than Liverpool. Not at all.
BZ Squad member21
Old 10-02-2019, 20:06   #23
Jimmy
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1R View Post
Only serious opponents are City and Juventus there. Madrid are shit just like us, actually they're getting in good form just like we are. Barcelona are better than us currently, but i don't see them better than Liverpool. Not at all.
You really rate Liverpool that highly huh? I mean it's a team that lost to Red star and struggles against West ham and Leicester. They must be the best team in the world if they're better than Barca. I just hope people won't come up with excuses when we beat them, like injuries, loss of form, luck etc shit like that.
Grey (11-02-2019), sobuj (11-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 20:52   #24
EM1R
𝓜𝓲𝓪 𝓢𝓪𝓷 𝓜𝓲𝓪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
You really rate Liverpool that highly huh? I mean it's a team that lost to Red star and struggles against West ham and Leicester. They must be the best team in the world if they're better than Barca. I just hope people won't come up with excuses when we beat them, like injuries, loss of form, luck etc shit like that.
We lost to Leverkusen, Dortmund, Hertha, Gladbach and drew with teams like Freiburg, Augsburg and twice with Ajax. I don't rate them highly, but they're currently playing better football than most of teams in Europe including us. Not to mention that their attack can easily trash our defense on their day. Don't get me wrong, i want Bayern to go through more than everything, but it will be tough against Liverpool. Of course we have a chance, but we need our players at their best if we want to do something.
BZ Squad member21
Jimmy (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 21:17   #25
Jimmy
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1R View Post
We lost to Leverkusen, Dortmund, Hertha, Gladbach and drew with teams like Freiburg, Augsburg and twice with Ajax. I don't rate them highly, but they're currently playing better football than most of teams in Europe including us. Not to mention that their attack can easily trash our defense on their day. Don't get me wrong, i want Bayern to go through more than everything, but it will be tough against Liverpool. Of course we have a chance, but we need our players at their best if we want to do something.
That's fair then if you put it like that
Old 10-02-2019, 23:46   #26
EM1R
𝓜𝓲𝓪 𝓢𝓪𝓷 𝓜𝓲𝓪

Yeah, this definitely isn't in our favour..

Last edited by EM1R; 10-02-2019 at 23:48.
BZ Squad member21
Old 11-02-2019, 01:59   #27
Grey
Free Cascadia

Liverpool lack one huge thing that Bayern have in abundance: experience.

Liverpool are a great team, no doubt, but this Bayern team is filled with players who've earned their daily bread playing champions league matches against the best teams in the world year after year after year. We've either lost to the CL winner or won the CL for 6 of the past 7 years. Our team knows competition, and knows how to handle the pressure that comes along with it. Liverpool by contrast can hardly muster the composure necessary to win their own league. When you compare Liverpool's freshman mentality with our senior experience, Bayern simply dwarfs them.

I think we're in for a good match-up and that Liverpool definitely has the ability and talent to annihilate us, but I think you all are sorely underestimating the value of our back-to-back CL consistency when it comes to a match like this.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Ciriaco (11-02-2019), franz (11-02-2019), Jimmy (11-02-2019), mh13 (11-02-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 02:04   #28
Jimmy
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Liverpool are a great team, no doubt, but this Bayern team is filled with players who've earned their daily bread playing champions league matches against the best teams in the world year after year after year. We've either lost to the CL winner or won the CL for 6 of the past 7 years. Our team knows competition, and knows how to handle the pressure that comes along with it. Liverpool by contrast can hardly muster the composure necessary to win their own league. When you compare Liverpool's freshman mentality with our senior experience, Bayern simply dwarfs them.

I think we're in for a good match-up and that Liverpool definitely has the ability and talent to annihilate us, but I think you all are sorely underestimating the value of our back-to-back CL consistency when it comes to a match like this.
This right here. It's like we've forgotten that we're Bayern fucking Munich. Liverpool can hurt us badly no doubt, but we're also capable of returning the favour. The sweetest thing about this is that their legends and fans are already being disrespectful and writing us off.
OnlyInsider (11-02-2019)
Old 11-02-2019, 17:01   #29
Ciriaco
BZ Member

Pleaseeee make Liverpool suffer....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2019, 17:05   #30
Ciriaco
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I agree 100% with this...

If we somehow avoid disaster at their stadium and we bring the tie completelly open to Munich I think in such case the odds will be in our favour.

We will handle the pressure a lot better in the return leg than them if we manage to survive their stadium with a good result or even a defeat with a goal scored.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread