Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players

Old 05-03-2016, 21:12   #196
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footyfan View Post
Sorry to play devil's advocate, but Kimmich's 1st touch as a defender was really bad & if Reus scored we would have been talking about a Kimmich blunder. I think a top CB would have cleared that with ease.

Having said Kimmich had a really good performance as a CB against an away game against Dortmund, I am happy for the lad, he is getting great experience & growing as a player.

He has got a very good chance of being a starter for Bayern.
In what world do you live where you actually think there's grounds to criticize Kimmich in this play. How did Kimmich cause this? All I see is Kimmich saving the team's ass yet again. In fact if you even watch the play you'll notice that Reus is only in a dangerous position because Alaba foolishly plays him onside.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member10
Old 05-03-2016, 21:15   #197
Grey
Free Cascadia

Pep on Kimmich:

Old 05-03-2016, 21:32   #198
Luftstalag14
Banned

Top, top talent Kimmich is. Great steal for you guys. He will be one of the best players in the world for sure.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:17   #199
SCT
BZ Member

Though its kinda sad that he only got to play under Guardiola for one season. They do seem to have a genuine bond. It's good to see he bounced back from the Juve game.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:44   #200
Footyfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
In what world do you live where you actually think there's grounds to criticize Kimmich in this play. How did Kimmich cause this? All I see is Kimmich saving the team's ass yet again. In fact if you even watch the play you'll notice that Reus is only in a dangerous position because Alaba foolishly plays him onside.
Alaba is trying to shield his man, they are many yards away looking the other way, Reus is in free space. If Alaba was behind that guy would have gone past him. And Reus had such free space, he could well have been a yard or 2 back if need (If for you the offside thing is an issue)

I am telling your Kimmich made a good clearance, but it was not an amazing defensive issue because Reus was behind him, he was the 1 intercepting the cross, I don't what Kimmich was doing there - You don't try to play an offside trap in such a fast counter. You can't look at when a guy is behind & say every-time he played an offside trap, that was not a place to play an offside trap!

IMO he could have been quicker & covered that. But his final tackle was fantastic none-the-less. I appreciate that but I am not okay with CB's letting the guy behind them come up & get a foot in, happened with CB's - You have to cover your man well IMO

I have already said Kimmich was fantastic & I really liked his performance.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:04   #201
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footyfan View Post
Alaba is trying to shield his man, they are many yards away looking the other way, Reus is in free space. If Alaba was behind that guy would have gone past him. And Reus had such free space, he could well have been a yard or 2 back if need (If for you the offside thing is an issue)

I am telling your Kimmich made a good clearance, but it was not an amazing defensive issue because Reus was behind him, he was the 1 intercepting the cross, I don't what Kimmich was doing there - You don't try to play an offside trap in such a fast counter. You can't look at when a guy is behind & say every-time he played an offside trap, that was not a place to play an offside trap!

IMO he could have been quicker & covered that. But his final tackle was fantastic none-the-less. I appreciate that but I am not okay with CB's letting the guy behind them come up & get a foot in, happened with CB's - You have to cover your man well IMO

I have already said Kimmich was fantastic & I really liked his performance.
I get what you're saying, but I think you're looking at this backward. Kimmich didn't let Reus in behind him - Alaba played Reus onside. Alaba may be marking his man, but he's absolutely blind while doing so. Alaba is more interested in being near his man than what the defensive shape looks like. This is a failing as a CB and is one of the most fundamental and basic tactics of a modern defense. Kimmich was where he should have been, Alaba was not. And because of that, Alaba allowed the space behind Kimmich to suddenly turn into fair game.

Last edited by Grey; 06-03-2016 at 07:36.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:24   #202
L4nd3r
Uli and Kovac RAUS

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but I think you're looking at this backward. Kimmich didn't let Reus in behind him - Alaba played Reus onside. Alaba may be marking his man, but he's absolutely blind while doing so. Alaba is more interested in being near his man than what the defensive shape looks like. This is a failing as a CB and is one of the most fundamental and basic tactics of a modern defense. Kimmich was wear he should have been, Alaba was not. And because of that, Alaba allowed the space behind Kimmich to suddenly turn into fair game.
The irony is that Alaba was the first one to throw his arms up yelling for a offside, but he was the one who fucked up.

Kimmich played it so well that on TV i thought it was offside, only on replay that i saw Alaba fucking the offside trap.
BZ Squad member27
Old 06-03-2016, 08:33   #203
mea95
Mea San Mea

Blaming Kimmich is a joke ; He is awesome and a great talent

He is not a CB and he did a fantastic job ... I really want Boateng & Javi to get fit and see Kimmich playing in midfield !
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member30
Old 06-03-2016, 08:46   #204
Grey
Free Cascadia

Here's a facebook compilation of all of Kimmich's touches against BVB. I counted 7 tackles and 2 interceptions. He's even more monstrous than I remembered!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:15   #205
Giovane
Herr Münchener

Oh FFS enough with the fanboyism Grey, we all saw he was great, a man of the match title worthy performance, but for me only behind Vidal who was massive on bith sides of the pitch (although with few mistakes more). But don't make a Boateng or Martinez from him just yet, I hope he can handle that pressure long term and it looks he can, but I would rather want that he doesn't have to deal with it.

But I'm getting annoyed with your 47532563 posts a day saying how you love the lad and another 57533467 posts from other players' fans saying Kimmich wasn't that good, XY was better.

Ok, I get it, you fell in love with him football wise and I must say I did too, but enough is enough.

Last edited by Giovane; 06-03-2016 at 10:17.
Sponsor of the 2018 Ms. BZ
Old 06-03-2016, 10:21   #206
MihailT
BZ Member

No doubt that Kimmich did great throughout the match, especially so in this instance. However, the notion that Alaba f*d this up seems ungrounded to me. If you freeze the video at the moment of the pass you'll see that Aubameyang was just behind Reus there, which means that in order for the offside trap to work Alaba must have been parallel to Auba at best. Staying parallel to him, rather than in front of him, which Alaba did, puts our defender at a massive disadvantage, since Aubameyang is fast as lightning. Logically, if Aubameyang has that much free space towards goal in front of him he'll storm into the box himself and then just pass to Reus who now has an open goal to tap in.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:33   #207
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihailT View Post
No doubt that Kimmich did great throughout the match, especially so in this instance. However, the notion that Alaba f*d this up seems ungrounded to me. If you freeze the video at the moment of the pass you'll see that Aubameyang was just behind Reus there, which means that in order for the offside trap to work Alaba must have been parallel to Auba at best. Staying parallel to him, rather than in front of him, which Alaba did, puts our defender at a massive disadvantage, since Aubameyang is fast as lightning. Logically, if Aubameyang has that much free space towards goal in front of him he'll storm into the box himself and then just pass to Reus who now has an open goal to tap in.
I like your analysis. I do think there's something to be said for the fact that Alaba was so far away from Aubamayang on that play, but you're right that he couldn't let Aubamayang beat him with his speed. Still, had Alaba been nearer to him in the first place, he'd never have been forced into a situation where he had to break the offside line in order to not be beaten.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:33   #208
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

Being able to bounce back from the bad game against Juve, and with a good performance, is a sign of a good mentality and confidence, We shall depend on him very soon.
BZ Squad member99
Old 06-03-2016, 17:07   #209
jabet
BZ Member

Quote:
It's funny that anyone didn't point out that Bernat was out of position, forcing Alaba to cover for him. The guy spends so much time high up the pitch but has nothing to show for it.
BZ Squad member32
Old 07-03-2016, 02:23   #210
Stansfield
spice must flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabet View Post
It's funny that anyone didn't point out that Bernat was out of position, forcing Alaba to cover for him. The guy spends so much time high up the pitch but has nothing to show for it.
The last sentence so true, I think that all the time. I think his offensive contribution can be misleading to a lot of people because he gets on the ball and kinda looks like he might be doing something but really isn't.

I'd really like to see Kimmich in the midfield as it's obviously different I just don't know when it will happen.
BZ Squad member18